Cheb....Too old to get home with the Dawn Chorus!

Hello

Been busy the last few days so rather neglected my poor diary. Been trying to SS since Monday but it's been really hard and I have fallen off the bloomin' wagon a few times in a minor way, no binges just stupid mindless picking:mad: Had a dodgey moment in M&S yesterday after work; during the afternoon I thought 'sod it, I'm gonna have a pastie that I so badly want, SO THERE!!!' So there I am in M&S food hall with not just a pasty (pack of 2!) but also a cheese and caramelised onion sandwich whilst deliberating what I might choose in the way of sweet stuff to complete the binge!!!! If I'm going to have a pasty I might as well have other stuff too, right? Anyhow I gave myself a slap round the face and put it all back and ran home!!!! Wahoo, I didn't give in, still ended up eating a slice of cheese later though:mad:

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Hubby back on SSing today after a 2 month break (2 stone gain) He's off to visit a mate in NYC in 2 months so is determined to SS til then, hopefully it'll help me if we're both on it. Good timing too cos this weekend we are alone at home, the kids and MIL are away. The cupboards are empty and I will not shop til Monday so unless we fancy dog biscuits......

My ticker is wrong but I will not be changing it cos I'll cry! Did brave the scales this morning and need to shift 21lb to target. Just off to post on the Christmas challenge.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

WELL DONE to you for resisting the temptation, many of us would have taken the food plus chocolate or whatever else for dessert and kicked ourselves later. You have shown tremendous willpower and should pat yourself on the back. You are right not to change your ticker just use the difference as a mini goal for this week.

Cathy

Bunging that lot back in M&S showed great self control. I'm not sure I would have been able to do that? I think you should give yourself some credit for that rather than concentrating on beating yourself up over the cheese...

or maybe you like making yourself feel bad for some reason :confused:

Thank you both for your support.

You know Chicken, You hit a nerve with your final comment. I do think I don't deserve to have all that I have or be who I am cos I think I'm very blessed; with my health and my family and my career, when there are so many people who are unhappy, what did I do to deserve it all? Maybe I'm trying to find things to spoil how great it all is?

Mmm, I need to think!

Cheb you are doing so well and if you have found another piece in the puzzle of your head then you are another step closer to being who and what you deserve to be. Good luck with the thinking :)

Just wrote a very long deep post about my thoughts, just deleted it cos it went on and on and I don't want you to doze off!!

Anyhow, so far so good today I haven't had a nibble. One more pack to go and I think I might muster the energy and make some Thai crisps. DH is moaning (no change there) he's just dozed off (no he didn't read my post!) So he's now missing his Rugby League, that'll give him something else to moan about when he wakes up.......

Morning All

Off to work in a bit, feels quite chilly this morning looks like it will be a lovely sunny day but ther's a definite autumnal nip in the air.

Having a frothy coffe made up with a vanilla shake for my breakfast. I can feel a bit of a headache looming, that's a good sign though isn't it that I did a whole day without a nibble!

Somebody from another branch called into to work the other day, I used to be at college with him. He acknowledged me but went and checked with my boss that I actually was who he thought!!! Guess I do look different after all.

DH stuck his first day out and was rewarded with a 6lb loss this morning!! Not fair, not fair, what is with men eh?

Have a good day everyone.

Hi Nikkie
Well done on sticking to SS and for being brave in M&S! You should be proud of yourself!
Keep gping Nikkie! You will be 10 stone soon! Not long to go now!
Have a lovely day at work!

Wow Cheb i am suitably impressed with your will power at M&S. I am often in the supermarket queue with loads of naughty bingeworthy foods thinking i could just put it back and leave right now... but i never do!! Next time in that situation i'm gonna remember what you did and hopefully i'll be able to do the same!

The title of this post made me chuckle though (battle at M&S food hall) cos the other week i went into M&S in London for some chicken and grapes to eat on the journey back home to cardiff. Anyway this shop is so narrow and this guy was in there with a big bag blocking the walkway. I asked him to please move his bag and he went crazy!! Conversation went like this...

Me : Can you move your bag please
Him: Excuse me would have been nice!
Me : Well i did say please
Him : Who the F do you think you are talking to
Me : You
Him : How dare you blah blah blah
Me : Oh shut your face (i was hungover and in no mood for this)
Him : Who are you telling to shut your face, how dare you
Me : I'm tell you to shut your face, there i've said it again so now go away
Him : You cheeky blah blah blah you can't tell me to shut my face
Me : Well i can and i have - what are you gonna do about it
Him : What am i gonna do? this is what i'm gonna do (he scrunches the box of grapes i have in my hand hahaha)
Me : Well that really scared me
Him : you you you ugly *****! (i could see him looking for a nasty comment and was mightily happy he didn't say fat!!)
Me : Oh but you are gorgeous aren't you, a real stud!
Him : You must be so desperate for a man
Me : Only when i see displays of masculinity and sexiness like this, just drives me wild - not!

It sort've fizzled out then but my god how embarrassing! I was quite calm but he had steam coming out of his ears!! He was a big butch guy in his 30's and was with a woman and a little boy who didn't seem fazed at all so obviously it happens a lot!!

I paid for my stuff and left - he was waiting outside and as i walked past he said "i really hope you are on my train, *****" - i just walked on by, got in my car (locked the doors) and drove off. PMSL all day, cheeky wanker!!

Hello All

Karen, I can't believe your battle in M&S, well done you for keeping calm but at the same time not letting him get away with it. Can you imagine being married to someone like that:eek: Glad you were able to laugh about it, I find myself going over and over things in my head and worrying that I was in the wrong or regretting not saying this or that witty retort!

So far so good today, had a frothy coffee for breakfast before hitting the bootsales, been to 3 today! Got some books for DS and some candles and some bright coloured CD cases for DD. Not much really but nice to go and have a rummage. I'm always amazed at some of the rubbish you see and can't believe that people can be bothered to drag themselves out of bed to stand in a field with a table full of stuff that nobody would want!

DH stepped on the sclaes today and has lost another 3 1/2 lb, that's 9 1/2 lb in 2 days:eek: NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday.

Oooh just remembered something else that I meant to share..... A man at the bootfair was promoting Herbal Life and he gave me a leaflet as I went passed!!!!!:eek: :eek:

What a flipping cheek! I would have made him eat his words!

You look fantastic and slim and I expect the man is incredibly short sighted! He will probably be in to see us at work next week! LOL.;)

Oooh just remembered something else that I meant to share..... A man at the bootfair was promoting Herbal Life and he gave me a leaflet as I went passed!!!!!:eek: :eek:

I'd have slapped him and handed him a CD leaflet!! :eek: :p

Don't worry honey, you are a long way from chubby! ;)

Morning All

Off to work in a minute I wonder what today will bring. Full moon is now gone I think so hopefully the general public will be a little saner this week, I swear it makes a difference!

I have a policeman friend who says the same thing.

Still feeling positive, not been on the scales, will wait until Friday when I need to report to Mini for the Christmas challenge. Hoping to lose 3lb to get me back to 11st4lb, that will make my ticker correct:D

DH doing really well too and surprisingly he's not too grumpy this time.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning All

Had a few wobbles this week, not totally lost sight of the goal but I've been listening to my CB more than I would like to admit even to myself.

I will truly start taking it one day at a time and today I will ignore my CB and will not nibble. Today I will SS 100% cos I know that really is the only way to do it! Sole source means just that, so why do I think I can modify the plan and still lose weight?

Had 2lt of water already, in fact I've had too much and I feel bloated and overfull! Got a banana mousse chilling in the fridge but I feel too full to eat it!

Dylan is going into school today for hobbies day, DS is very excited about showing him off. I hope Dylan behaves and doesn't drag me over. I thought it would just mean taking him into DS classroom but no it turns out that the whole school are getting together in the main hall. I'd never ever have walked into a crowded room like that before I lost weight. I'm not mad keen now but only because I'm worried Dylan might pull me over not because I'm worried about kids making fun of the 'fat Mummy'. Amazing how much more confident I am these days.

Just off to catch up on your posts.

Hope this helps...this is how Chicken on a Mission explains it!

Private message Pierce if this does not work for you and he will talk you through.

Love Mini xxx

Click on your ticker to take you to the site to update your weightloss.

Do that and then copy the 'bbcode'.

Go to the 'user CP' bit in the blue task bar on the minimins site and then select the option to change your signature.

Click on the ticker bit of your signature which should put 4 little sqaures in each corner of it then hit delete on your keyboard.

Then click your right mouse button where the ticker was and selcet paste to paste in the bb code.

You can then use the 'preview' box to make sure it worked and then submit.

Maybe this will help you Jazzy, must confess it always takes me about 6 attempts before it works and it's a bit hit and miss!

Hope you're well and I'm really pleased that you need to change your ticker, assuming it's going down of course!

Good Morning Nikkie!
Hope all is going well for you! Keep glugging the water!
Did Dylan enjoy going to school?

Evening All

Dylan was very good at school, even when a little Westie started having a go at him he just sat and looked puzzled by all the aggression, ah I'm a proud mummy! He loved all the attention, all the kids lined up to have aturn at petting him! Very proud of DS too as he stood up to tell everyone all about Dylan's daily routine and answered all their questions.

Didn't get through yesterday, fell off late last night and ate sweets, have done a whole day today without a nibble though. Will brave the scales tomorrow and if I've stayed the same I'll be delighted.

One day at a time, today I have SSed and tomorrow I'm choosing to do the same; I'm not looking further ahead than that cos I keep beating myself up over failing. as someone once said to me 'You haven't failed until you give up' Think it was DQ that said it.

Hope you are all doing ok.

Back