Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Week 5

Got a weekend away planned this weekend! Going to Birmingham for a forum meet. Eeeeep! So, in preparation I'm gonna try and keep to 5-10 syns each day this week and save up as many syns as possible for the weekend. I probably wont be counting, but I will be trying to eat as SW friendly as possible, so saving syns will help a lot and hopefully there wont be too much damage done. Going on Friday lunch time and coming back on Sunday. So much time for naughty things to tempt me :sigh:

Green Day.

Lunch: 2 Weetabix with milk (part of HexA 1) and a sliced banana. 1 teaspoon of brown Splenda (1 syn)
Pot of fuller for longer yogurt.

Tea: Veggie chilli-Quorn mince, peppers, onions, grated carrot, sweetcorn, garlic, chopped tomato's, small tin of mixed beans, and small tin of refried beans.
Brown rice and sweet potato chips (cooked SW style)
Side salad and syn free salad dressing. 2 tbsp extra light mayo (1.5 syns) Grated low fat cheese (HexA 2)

Snacks: 1 Alpen light bar (1/2 HexB 2) Club biscuit (5.5 syns)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as rest of HexA 1). Diet Coke. Water.

Syns used: 8
Syns left for the week: 7

Exercise: Around an hour of walking.

Last edited:
Have been doing a written uni assignment today, so haven't really moved :eek:
Green Day

Lunch: Wholemeal pasta, tin of SW tuna (HexB 1), cucumber, peppers, sweetcorn, and half of my HexA 1 of grated low fat cheese. 1 tbsp extra light mayo (counting the full syns as I had some for my tea too 1.5 syns). Small salad with syn free dressing.

Tea: 6 Quorn crispy nuggets (3 syns), half a packet of Morrison's couscous (1 syn), half a packet of packet rice, cucumber, cherry tomato's, peppers, mixed salad leaves, and syn free dressing. 1 tbsp of extra light mayo (already counted) And the rest of the portion of cheese.

Snacks: 2 Aplen light bars (HexB 2), fuller for longer yogurt, strawberries, pineapple, and a teaspoon of honey (1 syn)

Drinks: Coffee (milk HexA 2). No sugar squash. Water. Fruity tea.

Syns used: 6.5
Syns left: 15.5

Last edited:
Green Day

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, scrambled egg (splash of milk as part of HexA 1), half a tin of beans, and 2 slices of Hovis wholemeal 400g loaf (HexB 1) Tbsp tomato sauce (1 syn)

Tea: Morrison's chilled mac and cheese (4 syns), jacket potato (with a tsp of light Flora 1 syn), sweetcorn, broccoli, green beans, and grated low fat cheese (HexA 2)

Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars, pot of fuller for longer yogurt, strawberries, and a teaspoon of honey (1 syn)

Drinks: Coffee (milk rest of HexA 1) No added sugar squash.

Syns used: 7
Syns left for the week: 23.5

Exercise: 40mins dog walk with Dave :chores016:

Last edited:
Green Day

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB 1), milk (part of HexA 1), banana, and a teaspoon of honey (1syn)

Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, 6 Quorn crispy nuggets (3 syns), salad, peppers, cucumber, and cherry tomato's. Syn free salad dressing and 2tbsp of extra light mayo (1.5syns). Grated low fat cheese (HexA 2)

Snacks:

Drinks: Coffee (milk rest of HexA 1), diet Coke, no sugar squash.

Syns used: 5.5
Syns left for the week: 33

Exercise: Over 2 & a half hours of walking with Dave :chores016:

Last edited:
Right, well, I got back from Birmingham yesterday. I didn't go too mad and I tried to make what I thought were good choices, but I got weighed today and I have put on 2lb. Meh :( Ah well, I had a bloody good weekend so not gonna let it get me down. Right back on the SW wagon from last night anyway :)

Week 6
Green Day

Lunch: Pasta n sauce (0.5 syns), Quorn pieces, mixed salad leaves, syn free dressing.

Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, 4 Quorn hot and spicy bites (6 syns), grated low fat cheese (HexB 1). Baby leaf salad, cherry tomato's, cucumber, red pepper, and sweetcorn. Syn fee dressing and 2tbsp extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

Snacks: 1 Alpen light bar (half of HexB 2) A banana.

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA 1). Diet Coke. No sugar squash.

Syns used: 8
Syns left for the week: 7

Exercise: 30mins walking and over an hour wandering round shops.

Hi cheekychinchilla -
Lovely to read your food diary, and wanted to know that you have inspired me to think about the exercise that I (already) do. I could do with a bit of positive thinking .. :eek:

When I reflect on my day, my first thought is to say that I did no exercise - but in reality, I did one hour housework in a three story house (stairs!:eek:) walked to the local shops there and back, twice (once carrying heavy bags).

Good luck with your weightloss - we will always face setbacks and challenges, but you seem to approach them with calm and balance, thanks for the inspiration.

*angie*

Oooh, a visitor :D Thank you for such a lovely message, it really made me smile. I learned last year to think back to what I have actually done throughout the day that meant I wasn't just sitting on my bum! I would get down about not managing to do any proper exercise, but a friend pointed out that so many things that you wouldn't usually class as exercise can be counted. I think anything that gets you up and moving is worth a mention :)

Today was a bit of a weird one. It was my first day helping at the vets in the morning. I observed my first proper, major surgery today :D And yes, the heat did almost make me faint (as I have been told is fairly common) but I managed to excuse myself and go and get fresh air before I ended up on the floor :eek: I think it is definitely a case of having to get used to it. Just hoping it wont take too long.
Right, food...

Green Day
Breakfast: 1 Alpen light bar (half HexB) and an apple.

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, 2 boiled eggs, 3 slices of wholemeal Hovis little bread (1.5 HexB) 2 tbsp tomato sauce (2 syns)

Tea: 5 Quorn mini kiev's (5 syns), half a packet of Morrison's couscous (0.5 syns), half a packet of packet rice, jacket spud, grated low fat cheese (HexA 1). Mixed salad leaves, red onion, green & red peppers, cherry tomato's, and sweetcorn. Syn free dressing and 2tbsp extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

Snacks: WW's caramel creamed rice (5.5 syns)

Syns used: 14.5
Syns left for the week: 7.5

Exercise: 4 hours on my feet at the vets (does almost fainting use up calories?! :p )
45mins walking.
20mins hoovering.

Went to the cinema today so made sure I had a good lunch, but treated myself to a bag of Minstrels and a lovely fruit salad from Tesco! :D

Green Day

Lunch: Tomato pasta and sauce (0.5 syns), tin of SW tuna (HexB 1), red onion, chick peas, sweetcorn, and half my HexA 1 of low fat cheese. Side salad and syn free dressing.

Tea: 2 slices of Hovis wholemeal little bread (HexB 2), half a tin of beans, 2 Quorn sausages, omelette made with 2 eggs and a splash of milk, rest of the HexA 1 cheese. Tabasco sauce and 1tbsp tomato sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: Fruit salad from Tesco-Orange, melon, pineapple, grapes, blueberries, and kiwi. Regular size bag of Minstrels (10.5 syns) Pot of Fuller for longer yogurt.

Drinks: Coffee (Milk HexA 2) Coke Zero. Water.

Syns used: 12
Syns left: 10.5

Exercise: About an hour and a half of walking.

Green Day

Lunch: 2 slices of regular size wholemeal bread (HexB 1 + 2 syns) with a tin of Sainsbury's veggie ravioli. And a pear.

Tea: Home made veggie chilli with packet rice and a few little sweet potato chips. Low fat grated cheese (HexA 1) and 2 tbsp of extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

Snacks: 1 Aplen light bar (Half HexB 2)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA 2) Coke Zero. Water.

Syns used: 3.5
Syns left for the week: 22

Exercise: 4 hours on my feet, running round at the vets. Around an hour of walking.

Green Day

Lunch: 2 slices of regular size wholemeal bread (HexB 1 + 2 syns), 2 Quorn sausages, half a tin of beans, an egg fried in frylight, and 1tbsp of tomato sauce (1 syn)

Tea: Sw chips seasoned with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Quorn chilled peppered steak, slices of low fat cheese (HexA 1)mushy peas, and sweetcorn. 1 tbsp of tomato sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 chocolate covered Oreo's (11 syns)
2 Weetabix (HexB 2) with a bit of milk (bit of HexA 2), banana, and a tsp of honey (1 syn)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA 2) No sugar squash. Water.

Syns used: 16
Syns left for the week: 21

Exercise. Absolutely bugger all :D :p

The site wasn't working yesterday when I tried to update this. So this is yesterdays and today's food.

Slimming World Diary: 27/02/10

Had an unplanned lunch out today. And I failed miserably at choosing healthy stuff because I was absolutely starving
I have quite a few syns left over from the week anyway and tonight I only used one syn and tomorrow I will stay below 10 and hope that helps. Was nice tho

Lunch: Shared nachos and grilled halloumi. Veggie burger and chips, with a little salad. And toffee apple crumble and custard I did only drink Diet Coke if that helps at all?!

Tea: 2 Weetabix, chopped banana, honey, and milk. Pot of Fuller for Longer yogurt.

Also had some coffees.

Exercise: A couple of hours of walking.

Today Green Day

Lunch: Pasta and sauce (0.5 syns), tin of SW tuna (HexB 1), red onion, red pepper, and sweetcorn. Low fat grated cheese (HexA 1)

Tea: Sweet and normal potatoes roasted in Frylight, Worcester sauce, and Tabasco. Quorn mince with onion, garlic, sweetcorn, peas, carrots, and green beans. 4 teaspoons of low salt gravy granules (4 syns), 1tbsp creamed horse radish (1.5 syns), and 1tbsp Ploughman's pickle (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars broken up with fuller for longer yogurt and a chopped up apple :)

Drinks: Coffee (milk HexA 2). Diet Coke. No sugar squash.

Syns used: 7

Exercise: Over 2 hours of housework, cleaning out the animals, and de-pooing the garden.

Last edited:
Faced with grilled hallumi I would have had about the same willpower as you :eek: at least you had diet coke, and the rest of that day was on plan!

I've noticed something missing - do you ever eat breakfast?

Hey again! How've you been?
Well, the two starters were shared between three of us and the puddings were very small :whistle:
If I'm up early enough I eat breakfast. Now that I've started doing a morning at the vets I eat something before I go. But usually I'm not awake early enough for a proper breakfast, but I eat lunch within an hour of getting up so that's kinda like breakfast :) I sometimes have a snack an hour or so before bed, so that's kinda like having breakfast, just in the wrong order :p Anyway, hope that explains??

Week 7

Green Day

Lunch: Porridge (HexB 1) made with 50ml of semi skimmed milk (part of HexA 1), 100ml water, chopped banana, and a teaspoon of brown Splenda (1 syn)

Tea: Morrison's Eat Smart mac and cheese (4 syns), Quorn chilled peppered steak, grated low fat cheese (HexA 2), carrrots, green beans, and a mini corn on the cob.

Snacks:
Weight Watchers luxury iced chocolate brownie dessert (4.5 syns) 1 Alpen light bar (half HexB 2)

Drinks: Coffee (rest of milk HexA 1). No added sugar squash.

Syns used: 9.5
Syns left for the week: 5.5

Exercise: Walk with Ellie to the woods and through the park on the way back-1hr Came home and swapped Ellie for a Dave and took him to a couple of parks-40mins :chores016:

Last edited:
I lost 1lb this week :) Not bad really seen as I ate out at the weekend. But I was hoping for a bit more. Never mind eh?!

I'm SO tired right now. Had a brilliant morning at the vets tho and I didn't even almost faint this week :p

Green Day

Breakfast: Porridge (HexB 1) made with 50ml semi skimmed milk (part of HexA 1) and 100mls water. Chopped banana and a teaspoon of brown Splenda (1 syn)

Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, 2 boiled eggs, a thick slice of uncut wholemeal bread (HexB 2) and 2tbsp tomato sauce (2 syns)

Tea: Tesco meatfree chicken grill thing, baked potato, packet of Morrison's cous cous (2 syns), 4 leaf salad, 3 diff coloured peppers, tomato's, and low fat grated cheese (HexA 2)
2 tbsp extra light mayo (1.5 syns) and syn free salad dressing.

Snacks: Caramel Freddo (5 syns)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as rest of HexA 1) Coke Zero. No added sugar squash.

Syns used: 11.5
Syns left for the week: 9

Exercise: 3 hours running round at the vets.
1hr 30mins of walking.
Wandering round the shops for over an hour.

Green Day

Lunch: Pasta and sauce (0.5 syns), tin of SW tuna in tomato sauce (HexB 1), red onion, 3 diff coloured peppers, 4 leaf salad, and syn free dressing. Half a portion of low fat grated cheese (half HexA 1)

Tea: Quorn frozen lasagne (8 syns), 2 small jacket spuds with the rest of the HexA 1 of cheese, green beans, sweetcorn, and broccoli.

Snacks: Pink lady apple :)
1 Alpen light bar (half HexB 2), strawberries, blueberries, Shape Zero yogurt, and a teaspoon of honey (1 syn)

Drinks: No added sugar squash. Coffee (milk as HexA 2)

Syns used: 9.5
Syns left for the week: 14.5

Exercise: Not a lot :p

Last edited:
A nice, steadily busy day at the vets today, which was good. The highlights were definitely meeting a teeny cocker spaniel puppy and making a hot water bottle for a bearded dragon :D

Green Day

Lunch: 1 slice of wholemeal bread from an uncut loaf (HexB 1) and a tin of Sainsbury's veggie ravioli. And a banana :)

Tea: SW chips, 2 Tesco veggie burgers (1 syn), 2 slices of wholemeal little bread (HexB 2), slices of low fat cheese (HexA 1) 4 leaf salad, tomato's, and peppers.
2tbsp extra light mayo (1.5 syns), 2 tbsp of tomato sauce (2 syns), and 2tbsp of mustard (2syns).

Snacks: Kitkat Easter bunny bar (7 syns)

Drinks: Coffee (milk HexA 2) Diet Coke. Water.

Syns used: 13.5
Syns left for the week: 16

Exercise: 3.5 hours running round at the vets.
Just over an hour of walking.

Been feeling a bit crappy today, so haven't done much of anything. Although I did catch up with my OU work, so that's something.

Green Day

Lunch: 2 Tesco veggie burgers (1 syn), 2 eggs fried in Frylight, 1/2 a tin of beans, 2 slices of wholemeal little bread (HexB 1). 2tbsp tomato sauce (2 syns)

Tea: 2 Tesco chicken style fillets and a packet of Bachelor's packet rice. Carrot, red onion, garlic, broccoli, and peppers stir fried with Frylight, Worcester sauce, and Soy sauce. 2tbsp of extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

Snacks: An apple.
2 Alpen light bars (HexB 2) with a pot of Shape Zero, strawberries, blueberries, and a tsp of honey (1 syn)

Drinks: Coffee (milk HexA 1) Diet Coke. Water. Options hot choc sachet (2 syns)

Syns used: 7.5
Syns left for the week: 23.5

Last edited:
Having an Extra Easy day today as Mum text me before to see if I wanted fish and chips for tea :D Have even saved my HexB so I can make chip butties :p

Extra Easy

Lunch: Wholemeal pasta, tin of tuna in spring water, sweetcorn, peppers, red onion, cherry tomato's, and 2tbsp of extra light mayo (1.5 syns) And a little splash of syn free salad dressing.

Tea: SW chips, a lightly dusted basa fillet (don't know the syns yet so will count it the same as the Youngs ones for now 7 syns), mushy peas, sweetcorn, 2 slices of wholemeal 400g bread (HexB), and 2 tbsp of tomato sauce (2 syns)

Snacks: Banana. Cadbury's Boost (16 syns)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as HexA) No added sugar squash. 2 bottles of Coors Light (9 syns)

Syns used: 35.5
Syns left: 3

Last edited:
I was apparently rather hungry today :eek:

Green Day

Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal bread from an uncut loaf (2 X HexB), 3 Quorn sausages, half a tin of beans, 2 'fried' eggs, and 2tbsp of tomato sauce (2 syns).

Tea: 2 small jacket potato's, about 3/4 of a pack of Morrison's tomato couscous (2 syns), 4 Quorn crispy nuggets (2 syns), 2 Quorn hot & spicy bites (3 syns), sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli, low fat grated cheese (HexA 1), and 2tbsp of extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

Snacks: Easter Kitkat (7 syns)
Chopped strawberries, blueberries, and a pot of Shape Zero.

Drinks: Coffee (Milk HexA 2) Diet Coke. Water.

Syns used: 17.5
Syns left at the end of this week 0.5

Exercise: 50mins doggy walk with Dave :chores016:

Week 8

Been feeling a bit crap today. Not sure what's going on with the guy I've been dating and I've had two nights of pretty bad nightmares. So feeling a bit wibbly at the moment :eek:

Green Day

Lunch: 2 Weetabix (HexB 1), milk (part of HexA 1), chopped banana, blueberries, and a teaspoon of honey (1 syn)

Tea: Wholemeal pasta, Quorn mince, tin of tomato's, half a tin of mixed beans, sweetcorn, peppers, and onion. Small jacket spud. Broccoli. Low fat grated cheese (HexB 2)

Snacks: An orange Club biscuit (5 syns)

Drinks: Coffee (milk as rest of HexA 1). Water

Syns used: 6
Syns left: 9

Exercise:
55 mins walk with Ellie. And 30mins walk with Dave :chores016:

Last edited:
Back