Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

MinkyDinky said:
See I disagree that this would be food abuse. If you are making them as a potato cobbler topping, or in my opinion a potato cake to go with mince or pork chops then it is incorporated as a main meal. It's not like you are having them as an addition to say pasta or rice.

Maybe if you have them as just a snack, fine, syn away. But if you were making just plain smash there isn't a syn? It's just like making a potato cake with additional ingredients like you would a lasagne topping.

If you were to make these with normal potato it would be a pain in the backside but still able to do it and they wouldn't class it as food abuse.

But that's just my little rambling thoughts :D

I was thinking the same thing as you, but that's not what sw will be saying in the new year...

Bollocks, it's a potato topping for a veggie stew - just dont eat an entire packet's worth of scones just for the sake of it.

Y/Our common sense should know where to draw the line.

(Here endeth my input into this thread as I predict it is about to kick off :rolleyes: )

Bollocks, it's a potato topping for a veggie stew - just dont eat an entire packet's worth of scones just for the sake of it.

Y/Our common sense should know where to draw the line.

(Here endeth my input into this thread as I predict it is about to kick off :rolleyes: )

I also agree, I only use mine as a topping in place of potato or as a scone to dip in soup and then only having 2......I'd have more "real potato" if I brought a jacket potato to work to serve with the soup.

I wont syn mine but if I did snack on them they should be accounted for.
xx

That's exactly what I do. Syn for a snack, count as free for part of a meal.

Exactly, Pasta crisps are not free for the exact reasons you state becuase they are a crisp = snacks where as this is part of a meal whats the difference between these and having the same meal with some cottage cheese and a jacket spud on the side? none really, plus I can imagine they would be quite filling!

*drools and gets out mixing bowl.*

Just made these I love love love them yumeeee going to make another batch, freeze them all, and start having them with my superspeed soup for lunches :)

Just made these I love love love them yumeeee going to make another batch, freeze them all, and start having them with my superspeed soup for lunches :)

I came on to ask if they were ok to freeze as want to make a batch and only me and little'un, you have answered that for me!!

I made these last night with the Roasted Red Pepper soup from the SW website. They were pretty good, although I made them with just plain cottage cheese (couldnt find chive & onion!) and added a bit of onion & garlic...definitely tasted much better the next day, cold! Thanks for sharing!

Do these scones actually taste nice? I absolutely adore cheese scones.. it would be amazing if I could eat cheese scones SW style!!

Hi Annabelle, they were pretty good! Give them a shot, they are very simple to make. I have never had a cheese scone before, so I dont know how they compare to the real thing!

Roziee said:
I have heard that these scones are now not free as when the new food optimising book comes out if will be clamping down on food abuse and these scones come under that as we are using the smash for something other than it normally should be.

So 100g is 3.5 sins according to what I've been told.. Which is under 0.5 sins per scones for me which isn't bad at all.

Do you know when the new food optimising book is out? X

i have these quite often as a topping or with soup and i still lose but i think i agree if used as a meal free snack syned i rolled mine into balls and simmered then in a stew the other night they where lush and to be fair i cant eat more than 2 anyway they are really filling

Just made these a few hours ago n what a result! I was really hungry for some reason about 4 pm ish so in-between lunch n dinner these were just perfect!

I made my mixture into 6 scones n was just going to eat 1..... Erm.... 3 later I was like oops really gotta put em away! Anyways totally love them! N have 3 left for tomorra!

I made these today as per the recipe on the original post. I added 84g reduced fat grated cheese to the mixture though.

I made mine quite big and so got 6 out of the mixture. They were about the size of an actual cheese scone.

They weren't as nice as a cheese scone but that would be wishful thinking!. I didn't enjoy them hot but they were nicer cold. However I did feel they were a bit like smash inside with a cottage cheese taste. It could be that they needed to be smaller to be less smashy in the middle though.

Back