Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

MinkyDinky said:
As long as incorporated in a meal with your 3rd superfree of course :) xx

Minks ;)

Cool so not so much as a snack then? I might have them for lunch with salad or soup!

If you had it as a snack you would probably have to count it as 1 syn per 20 calories as I expect it'd be counted as using Smash for something other than what is intended ie in place of flour (ie food abuse) :)

I count them as one syn if I have them as a snack on green but I don't add any extra hard cheese. On red, I'd probably count as the same but to be honest, I'd personally avoid them on a red day anyway.

Going to try them next week with black pepper cottage cheese and finely chopped jalapenos.

I thought about using courage cheese with pineapple but thigh the potato wouldn't work with it. Let us know if you try it please.

Courage cheese and thigh potato :D

Made these yesterday for Lunch along with my Homemade Leek n tattie soup, and i managed to set aside half for Lunch today..that was a first :D

ive seen a recent post by a SW consultant on FB who says these are to be synned at 1 syn each rather than free. I guess this falls under the whole premise of oversnacking on free foods

do most people eat them on their own or as part of a meal?

ejgemmag said:
ive seen a recent post by a SW consultant on FB who says these are to be synned at 1 syn each rather than free. I guess this falls under the whole premise of oversnacking on free foods

do most people eat them on their own or as part of a meal?

If you take a scan through the whole thread (which could take a while!), it's discussed about 4 times. General premise seems to be synned as snacks, free if incorporated as part of a meal. I think most people, myself included will have them as an accompaniment to soups or as a cobbler topping. The one time I did have them as scones with marmite as a snack I synned them at 1 each.

Too add i didnt enjoy them as much today :( tasted little bit dry as id kept them in fridge from yesterday for todays lunch. Heat them up in micro for 30 seconds..will deffo just make to requirements they taste Soo much better fresh :D

Ohhh theyre deffo better fresh! I usually just feed leftovers to the OH :D Not bad if you microwave em warm again though :)

I made these cheese scones yesterday and had 3 with my veg soup for lunch... They were delicious and free on a green day, I liked them better than bread.x

gonna try use these as an alternative to Yorkshire puds for a home made toad in the hole at weekend x

Anyone know how many it makes?

Depends how big you want them really I make 12 smallish ones and they are prob as big as a small round biscuit.
It's up to you on how big you want them :) hope this helps

Back