Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

Saw this recipe a few days ago and was a bit apprehensive, but made them tonight and they taste surprisingly good! I am looking forward to having a few with some beans tomorrow :) A good incentive to get back on plan!

Saw this and had to try, OH even said they were alright... so I think we have a winner there. :)

can these be done minus the cottage cheese ... havent had the courage to try cottage cheese yet as it looks so yucky!

You definitely need the cottage cheese to make it work. I didn't lik cottage cheese either but you can't taste it in these - I would say at least try it the once :)

thanks laura. i will give.them a try at the weekend. still trying to get my head around everything on the plan! will let u know how they turn out :)

can you make these with out the cottage cheese as i dont have any only got light philly and was going to make them for taster class tomorrow

I'm not sure it would work as cottage cheese has a lot more liquid, and you'd also need to work out hexAs when using the philly...

Nobody seems to remember to say what temp the oven should at a guess I would think 190C in fan oven please can someone correct me if I'm wrong

I tried these tonight for the first time! They we're lovely both hot & cold! I will definitely be making these again!! Its so lovely to find a recipe that's quick, easy & cheap to make :)

bc201 said:
Nobody seems to remember to say what temp the oven should at a guess I would think 190C in fan oven please can someone correct me if I'm wrong

Yes thereabouts!! I think I set mine to 200C (fan assisted) :)

Thanks I will give these a go I've done really well until I the last few weeks and for some reason I keep craving chocolate and cheese these were my vices before I started SW so must find ways of overcoming these
So these scones might cut the craving
Thanks

Not sure if I am doing something wrong - I have made these twice now, but both times they seemed a little dry, any ideas what I may be doing wrong/what I could add to make them more moist?

Not sure if I am doing something wrong - I have made these twice now, but both times they seemed a little dry, any ideas what I may be doing wrong/what I could add to make them more moist?

Are you following the recipe from the first page? Could be that your eggs are a bit small, or you might be cooking them for a bit too long or on too high a heat, could be a lot of things! To make them more moist, if none of the above fit, then add a bit more cottage cheese maybe, or a HexA of cheddar, maybe? :)

Are you following the recipe from the first page? Could be that your eggs are a bit small, or you might be cooking them for a bit too long or on too high a heat, could be a lot of things! To make them more moist, if none of the above fit, then add a bit more cottage cheese maybe, or a HexA of cheddar, maybe? :)

Those are good suggestions, thanks :) I might give them one more try and if I don't succeed, then I might decide they just aren't for me!

Back