Green Day Cheese scones. Free on green.

Also make sure you're measuring out everything exactly. At first I assumed the amount of cottage cheese needed was a standard pot but then double checked and realised the pot was slightly smaller than the amount in the recipe.

Made these Monday night but did add 1/2 pot low low chilly and made them into a bite size ( with the smallest cutter around 2.5cm diameter 1 inch)
It made around 21 individual scones they're lovely and still ok today!eating one as I'm typing this
must admit for the sake of 2 HEa or synning I would add the whole of the low low spreaf but will let you knoen what happens as the constitiency migjtfailtextitythis!

Sorry for the last sentence but for some reason since I've upgraded to the new iPhone 6 app after a few lines I can not see what I'm texting !!
Shows how accurate my typing is on this phone
My finger is too big! Lol

bc201 said:
Sorry for the last sentence but for some reason since I've upgraded to the new iPhone 6 app after a few lines I can not see what I'm texting !!
Shows how accurate my typing is on this phone
My finger is too big! Lol

I'm having the same problem :(

I was having the same problem but found if I cancel it and start again it seems to fix it.. Also if you've only got one line of text then press return and the send button comes up x

bc201 said:
Made these Monday night but did add 1/2 pot low low chilly and made them into a bite size ( with the smallest cutter around 2.5cm diameter 1 inch)
It made around 21 individual scones they're lovely and still ok today!eating one as I'm typing this
must admit for the sake of 2 HEa or synning I would add the whole of the low low spreaf but will let you knoen what happens as the constitiency migjtfailtextitythis!

Did you still use cottage cheese but used low low in place of normal cheese? I'm struggling to find the chilli low low and its gorgeous x

hi there

just wondered if the cottage cheese was low fat cottage cheese.. as i didnt know you could buy flavoured in the low fat??
they sound scrummy and defo am going to give these a go over the weekend... nice to have a nibble with a cuppa i should imagine!!

Hi
:)

langley farm do a fat free plain cottage cheese and a cottage cheese with chives thats also fat free,so this would make them syn free i would imagine :)

Definitely going to try these they look amazing!

got a batch of these in the oven right now. Used a small ice cream scoop to shape them (made 13) and cooking them on parchment paper, not with frylight. Will keep you posted.....

Wow, very very impressed! I did not add any additional cheese, but they really did taste very cheesy, that was probably the cheese and onion smash flavour coming through. Crispy on the outside and soft-ish inside. nice and moist moist. When I added the smash to the recipe I added half of it in powder from and the rest of it made up as per normal with boiling water, think this helped them stay moist. Will definitley become a regular.

toddleo said:
Wow, very very impressed! I did not add any additional cheese, but they really did taste very cheesy, that was probably the cheese and onion smash flavour coming through. Crispy on the outside and soft-ish inside. nice and moist moist. When I added the smash to the recipe I added half of it in powder from and the rest of it made up as per normal with boiling water, think this helped them stay moist. Will definitley become a regular.

This is how I make them too. The half smash with water works better. They are truly stunning with a thin slice of babybel cooked on top of each scone.

Made some more last night when a throw it asuperfree soup was

Made some more last night as a throw anything in super free soup was in the slow cooker
Used a 300g pot of low fat cottage cheese and chive and 1/2 pot low low chilly ( wanted to try a complete pot but only had 1/2 left as OH has found it!!) I mentioned that I made bite size ones about 1 inch in diameter but really it's 2-3 inch diameter (had a blonde moment!) again made the same size had more this time even though still lovely and moist preferred them slightly thicker 2cm to 1 inch
Everyone needs to have a go and try which you prefer!!
But they were lovely with the ss soup and all free
So will have seconds later on!

I've just made these as a topping to cottage pie instead of potato. They were gorgeous. I didn't tell OH what was in them until he'd finished. You would never know they had cottage cheese in there. I added a tsp of baking powder to the mix. I will definitely be making these again.

Do you have to syn these if not having as part of a meal???

Technically, probably. I don't but I rarely have them as a snack and to me it's better than me raiding a tub of Pringles. It's about being sensible I think. If you ate them all day everyday as a snack then they may affect your losses.

They are a survival stay on plan comfort food for me.

Sister and husband walked in the other night brother in law thought they were lush( hadn't had cheese scones for years!!) sis does not like cottage cheese she loved them until I said hiow they were made!!! although she'd already eated 3 with tomato and SYN free chutney on ( as canapés of a sort!) very convenient treat in small bite size!

I have made these with morrison cheese & oinion instant mash (1.5syns) for the whole packet i didn't have any cottage cheese so i added 3 eggs baking powder & a splosh of milk 1HEX of cheese on top , they still came out srummy really cheesy , infact i am not gonna bother with cottage cheese anymore as they did not taste any different ! Nom nom .

I have made these with morrison cheese & oinion instant mash (1.5syns) for the whole packet i didn't have any cottage cheese so i added 3 eggs baking powder & a splosh of milk 1HEX of cheese on top , they still came out srummy really cheesy , infact i am not gonna bother with cottage cheese anymore as they did not taste any different ! Nom nom .

Thanks julie. I always get a sinking feeling when I want cheese scones and I have no cottage cheese.

i'm am off to make these for lunch. I really need some bready type of stodgy! Going to ahve these with some SW soup

Do you have to syn these if not having as part of a meal???

I was told this week at group that you have to syn them. About 20 syns for the packet of dried mash.

Back