Cruise PV Cheese

Mummybunks

Hi, can anyone help cos it's driving me crazy..... I'm looking for a hard cheese for no more than 7% fat (as stated in tolerated foods). I've looked everywhere the lowest I can find is 10%. Do we have such a cheese in Britain? Would be grateful for any info.

Hi hun, I believe its 5% cheese but don't quote me on that, Becca once found one online at the Rosemary Conley website but its about £5 for a small block. I personally have never found one and I love my cheese....so I have just gone without for the last year.

Ok I stand corrected...by myself LOL, just went and checked my tolerated list and it says 7% as well....I've been looking everywhere for 5% n o wonder I can't find it. LOL

Yes I believed that rosemary Conley did do one about 5%, as I'm sure I've used it before but it wasn't in my local Asda. I might have to pop to Milton Keynes as the have a massive Asda. I'm sure it will be there... Prob get all way over to find its more than 7% :-(

Ok I don't really understand how it's worked out but on the front of the pack it says 1.3%! I'm confused! Just for a change :p lol

It is very high in fat that last one....the rosemary one isn't at asda hun, if you click the link in my post above it'll take you to the website hun x

image.jpg What does the 1.3% saturated fat in the corner mean?

Ok I don't really understand how it's worked out but on the front of the pack it says 1.3%! I'm confused! Just for a change :p lol

You have to go buy the 100g percentage Hun....... Believe me it took me days to get my head round it... I'm sure Col thought I was thick.

They like to mislead you on the packaging, and some give the data per 100g and others have it per serving which is much much less than 100g. Half-fat cheese will never be low fat enough for dukan when you consider that most cheeses are 30% and higher. TBH, where I live the shop round the corner has a 3% fat cheese so of course, being cheesegirl, I had to try and it was certainly not worth the cost, tasted like the polystyrene tray it came on :)
I also found a local quark cheese that's practically fat-free but it got old pretty fast as well! No substitute for the regular stuff :(

certain fats are classed as being good for us in the nutrition world, so companies latch on to that and try to sell us the products saying its less this or that....but when looking at the statistics for foods and the diet you must always look at the total figure. So it says fat is 16g....which mans 16% fat. use the 100g figure to see what the percentage is.

It took me a while to get that right too, my mum and dad helped me loads with this.

In France, we have ready access to 5 and 7% cheeses, and can even buy grated hard cheese. (It's absolutely foul mind!!).

During cruise I kept well clear of cheese and even now in conso and i'm supposed to have a matchbox size per day I still only have it occasionally as a treat. xxx

Back