Chelsea Lou - The Ventura adventure, not a sinking ship!

Day 5

Thought for the day on the calendar........

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you're right!!

How true is that? I am always saying/thinking that I can't do this, that or the other ;). When I was a teenager my attitude was 'I can't do that yet but I will learn' That got me so many jobs. I was young and slim then and nothing was impossible. Where did that young woman go?????

Anyway, I can't believe that I have reached day 5 and *drum roll* my jacket on my work suit buttoned up and didn't spread my boobs out like the proverbial dustbin lids. Yay!!!

I hope you all had good days yesterday and wishing you a Fred-free Fursday :D

Ahem... I thought this was military fitness, Miss Chels? There was I thinking about you last night, sympathizing at the idea of you crawling around a muddy field with a crabby soldier yelling in your ear and what were you up to? Wheelbarrows in the starlight with Mr Tall, Dark & Handsome! Hmphhh! If it keeps you motivated hun, who am I to argue... and where can I sign up? Lol.

Absolutely love the 'whether you think you can/can't' quote, and the 'can't do that yet but I will learn.' So true, and so easy to forget, especially as we get older. Thanks for the reminder! That's what we are doing here, learning the weight loss & maintenance thing, and we CAN learn. And we will. (So... gizzajob!)

Yay for the jacket doing up and the end of dustbin lids, that is a big step forward... and yes, here's to a day without Tom, Dick, Harry or Fred, but possibly Sam might be allowed...

xxx

Ahem... I thought this was military fitness, Miss Chels? There was I thinking about you last night, sympathizing at the idea of you crawling around a muddy field with a crabby soldier yelling in your ear and what were you up to? Wheelbarrows in the starlight with Mr Tall, Dark & Handsome! Hmphhh! If it keeps you motivated hun, who am I to argue... and where can I sign up? Lol.

Absolutely love the 'whether you think you can/can't' quote, and the 'can't do that yet but I will learn.' So true, and so easy to forget, especially as we get older. Thanks for the reminder! That's what we are doing here, learning the weight loss & maintenance thing, and we CAN learn. And we will. (So... gizzajob!)

Yay for the jacket doing up and the end of dustbin lids, that is a big step forward... and yes, here's to a day without Tom, Dick, Harry or Fred, but possibly Sam might be allowed...

xxx

Lol, I'm sitting at my desk with the biggest grin on my face. Sam would DEFINITELY be allowed. Thanks for making me smile KC. You always give me a lift with your writings. xx

Day 5 going well so far. One shake down, black coffee and water. It is now 13:45 so pleased with that.

I went to the Sainsbury's Superstore near me at lunchtime. Its amazing how many other things you can get done instead of (what I usually do) sitting in the car scoffing and reading the newspaper.

I pottered about the shop. Bought some Teal coloured towels to go in my new bathroom, some sparkling water, a trackie top and bottoms in a lovely turquoise colour for my BMF training and then went to the petrol station to fill my car up. Much more satisfying than filling my belly up!!!

Hope everyone is going well and look forward to reading all of your updates.

If only CD allowed a big fat bottle of wine. That's exactly what I need right now mum. ARRRGGHHH :mad:

xxx

That is exactly what you don't need right now. I know why you are upset and angry and it has nothing to do with food or alcohol, so they definitely aren't the answer. She is a toxic person who has many issues and disgusting habits and you should look at the person with pity. She will never look nice, pretty, slim. She will never stop doing all those things that are too gross to mention on here. Why let someone that is so down on themselves bring you down? Your Fred seems to be female all of a sudden:( Don't let S ruin everything for you, including your job, which you love xxx

Listen to your momma... she KNOWS. Fact.

xxx

Sam. Tall, skinny, dark haired, YOUNG!!!:D Lying under a full moon with all the stars twinkling, in the wheelbarrow position with a young fella is definitely worth the £40 monthly subscription!!!:D

Oh yessssssssss! :D x

I'd pay £40 just for the night with him. Going through a bit of a drought at the minute :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lol keep that class up ( the women are always scary lol) Sounds like you're doing great :)

Thanks for your message hun. xxxxx

Hey CL, sound like you are doing fab!
Have a great Friday
x

LoL your sam sounds a bit like my PT Anthony.!!

wise choice today in sainsburys lol

Oooh er, I'd find it a bit scary one to one with a hunky, good looking man........not sure I could contain myself :D

Hope you are well and wish you a good Friday. Think of the cruise!!!

Lol @ Bess.

Good morning to Lelly and Sunshine too. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Day 5 passed without incident I am pleased to say. Had a bit of hunger in the evening, not sure if it is boredom.

It wasn't food I was wanting but something to do which didn't involve getting off my bum and doing something. I had a 4th shake, which I am so not fussed about.

I'm on day 6 now and feeling strong and determined.

I so want to stay on this particular wagon with all you lovely girls :D Have a good day one and all. Be back later x

Last edited:
Day 6 and its Friday.....yay!!

Jeeez this seems to have been a long week. I thought Friday would never arrive.

Nearly my first week done and dusted. My WI is not until Tuesday so am hoping for a good loss, however I am wearing a pair of my old faithful trousers to work today and hrrmmmph, they dont feel any looser, so not sure what is going on and what to expect next week. I know it is early days but was kinda hoping that they would fall to the floor. Don't want a lot do I? lol.

It is now 11:00 and I am just about to go and get my 1st shake prepared. This seems to be the time of day that I need to have it.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I am having a nice new TV delivered, all black and plasma and freeview. I cannot afford to have Sky anymore and so miss having a bit of choice with the channels. Am cross that I can't keep up with all the Sport - that is the main reason for Sky :cry:

After that I am having my hair coiffed by Gary :eek: One never looks one's best in the hairdressers. I think they deliberately use mirrors and lighting that makes you look your absolute worse!!! Also, does anyone else have the problem I have. You know that rubbery thing they hang round your neck instead of a soft gown? It always makes my neck fold in on itself. Turkey isnt the word!!! Hate that. I come out of the salon feeling like cr*p usually :D

Housework after then my sister is coming over for the night. She hasn't seen my new flat yet, so that will be good. Sunday, might go to the park and give the ducks a feed. Need some fresh air and a bit of exercise.

So all good at the moment and am enjoying being on this wagon with you all.

Have a brill Friday xx

You have a lovely weekend too honey.

It was no problem you staying, nice to have your company.......when you weren't trotting off to bed early :D

Yes, am very much looking forward to having Gary play with my hair.......although he is probably gay :( xx

Well done Chels your first week almost done... and on being such a rock for the rest of us, wise and warm and funny and always kind. You are already a man-magnet - wheelbarrows with Sam, Gary running his fingers through your hair - pretty soon you will be beating them off with a stick! Big hugs for Chelsea.

xxx

Well done Chels your first week almost done... and on being such a rock for the rest of us, wise and warm and funny and always kind. You are already a man-magnet - wheelbarrows with Sam, Gary running his fingers through your hair - pretty soon you will be beating them off with a stick! Big hugs for Chelsea.

xxx
You do make me smile KC, it does rather sound like I have got the men going when you put it like that but nothing could (unfortunately) be further from the truth.

Still..........that is a work in progress and I will soon be on the look out for some poor soul :D

I am amazed that anyone reads my ramblings let alone finds it funny or helpful in any way so thanks for your lovely comments and right back at you :D

Last edited:
Hey CL, glad things still going really well for you. Can't believe you are on day 6 already...you go girl. Oh and have a lovely afternoon with Gary :)

Mmmmmm two hours of having Gary's fingers running through my hair :p I will let you all know what he is like, as I said to Jess earlier, he is probably gay but what the heck. I reckon I have watched too much Sex and The City DVDs this week, I am saying all this in my head a la Samantha Jones lol

xxx

Back