Chelsea Lou - The Ventura adventure, not a sinking ship!

Having just mentioned SATC, which one do you relate to or wish you were like?

I'm a bit like Charlotte, not in looks but can be quite prudish but then bizarrely can be frightfully rude like Samantha, although not as adventurous. Definitely not like Carrie at all, fashion labels, shoes, good writer...nah not me. There is a bit of Miranda in me (now) that likes to be on their own, not wanting to give up space to share my home etc.

I'd definitely would like to be Sam, self-sufficient, beautiful, stylish, confident and successful and capable of the ultimate put-down when required :D Oh gawd........another work in progress methinks!!

Well done Chels your first week almost done... and on being such a rock for the rest of us, wise and warm and funny and always kind. You are already a man-magnet - wheelbarrows with Sam, Gary running his fingers through your hair - pretty soon you will be beating them off with a stick! Big hugs for Chelsea.

xxx

Me too Chels, me too. xx

Blimey, just read the link, she's an amazing woman but aren't I hopeless? How many times have I screwed up? Lets see...1,2,3,4,5+.......and now I'm too feeble to try again.....

Blimey, just read the link, she's an amazing woman but aren't I hopeless? How many times have I screwed up? Lets see...1,2,3,4,5+.......and now I'm too feeble to try again.....

Hey now Missy, it was meant to inspire you not have you beat yourself up. She just got her head in the right place and you will too. I cannot have you being so down on yourself. So behave yourself or I will smack yer bum!!! :D You'll get there, in your own good time. Look at where she got before it clicked.

Take care sweetness xxx

Day 6 continued

Well, keto has definitely arrived. Breath is awful. It is now 7pm and I have had 1 shake:eek: Totally forgot to have 2pm shake, so have put a small breast of chicken in the oven to have in a mo. Just didn't feel hungry at all...which is good.

Work was busy as well. Ok, not strictly true, busy at times but most of the time I was busy on minis.........so naughty but very nice.

I hope you all had a good Friday and wish you all no Freds for the weekend. Will try to post but if not I will be back on Monday. So can't wait for my WI on Tuesday and hopefully see my ticker sliding towards the right and to goal.

Love and hugs everyone xx
PS. Capuccino shake at 10pm. And so to bed...zzzzzz

Last edited:
have a fab weekend Chelsea, keep that wagon rolling... I'm almost back on board!

xxx

Well done Katy, I will need you on board to take over the reins for when I am faltering, which will happen at some point. Feeling strong for now but have a couple of birthday celebrations coming up in February and need to stay 100% for those. Can't do it without you and all the other 2009ers. Have a fabby weekend too xx

Day 7.........not the best start

Good morning campers, hope you are all well.

I am getting slightly stressed. I am having a TV delivered this morning and booked and paid for a 7 - 10am delivery. I've been up since 6 am and it is now 10:30 and they still haven't turned up. My hair appointment is in 30 minutes and I am getting the hump!!! And............breathe...........

Just going to have a porridge and write out a stinking note, ready to pin to the front door. Bar Stewards!!!!! :D

Just go with me on this.......TV problems

My TV was supposed to be delivered between 7:00 and 10:00 this morning (I might have mentioned it lol) and I had an appointment with Gary at 11:00 to have my hair layered and sorted.

TV company i.e. Currys phoned whilst I was having my hair done to say that they had been in an accident and may or may not be able to deliver this afternoon. Not pleased.

However, very pleased with my hair which was cut, layered, texturised and blow dried by a very lovely young LADY :eek: called Kerri, I had totally misheard the girl on the phone when making the appointment. When she started on my hair I'm thinking "Where's Gary?" and "Perhaps this person is a hemale.........or a TV"

She saw the funny side...I saw the funny side and I hope you see the funny side.

One porridge down, 4 black coffees down but not an awful lot of water. Will glug the afternoon away :D

Hugs

LOL Hope your TV arrives safely and how great to come out of the hair dressers happy with your new style - I always seem to look a bit strange until I wash the hair and become myself again (not sure if that makes sense) :)

Makes perfect sense Alli. An old friend of mine used to say to the hairdresser "I want a cut and blow dry but I don't want to look like I have just come out of the hairdressers when you're done!"

I do wish I could blow dry like they do though. I look sleek and shiny instead of frizzy with some straight bits :D

Great that you like your hair - it sounds really lovely - I'm with Alli though....since a hairdresser 'ruined' mine just before my daughter's wedding, I've been doing it myself, even cutting it.....:eek:!! Oddly enough, I have had quite a few compliments (unfished for!) so perhaps it's not that bad. It's curly, so I can get away with a lot....
Hope you got the telly.. xx

Great that you like your hair - it sounds really lovely - I'm with Alli though....since a hairdresser 'ruined' mine just before my daughter's wedding, I've been doing it myself, even cutting it.....:eek:!! Oddly enough, I have had quite a few compliments (unfished for!) so perhaps it's not that bad. It's curly, so I can get away with a lot....
Hope you got the telly.. xx
Yes, ta, got my telly and it is very nice. Got loads of freeview channels so happy :D

You have hidden talents obviously, with the haircutting. A hairdresser always knows when I've been hacking at my fringe!! Hope you are having a good day xx

Chels, your posts are inspiring, funny and very helpful. Thankyou. x

Locks, shock and two smoking earholes!!!!!!!!!!!1

Day 8 and boy, am I being tested :sigh:

I had a lovely day planned today. My sister came over last night and was leaving this morning at 9:30, at 10:00 DD1 came over with my 2 lovely grandchildren and we went to the park to feed the ducks and for them to have a lark around on the equipment. It was great, ducks were starving for once and the kids (all 3 of them lol) had a great time playing on the rope slide etc (DD1 is 33). We came back and had drinks. My usual black coffee and sparkling water. I needed to get Sunday papers, plus get the key I had cut yesterday, which didnt work, looked at. So we all toddled down to the parade of shops just down the road. The key was grounded down a little more, I was told that it would work fine now. Papers bought plus sweeties for the kids and back to mine. DD1 and kids got in their car and drove off and I went upstairs to be greeted by 2 Jehovah's Witnesses outside my front door. No offence to anyone who may be reading this and happens to be a JW but I am totally not interested in their beliefs.

"Are you Jehovah's?" "Yes, how did you know?" "Sunday, en-masse, its pretty obvious really and I am not interested" "Well, would you like to explain why you feel that way" Blah blah blah blah.

By this time I was really stressed, they were in my face and I was trying to get the new, grounded-down key to turn in the lock but it wasn't budging. Blah blah still going on. I put my own key in the lock and sh*t, it snapped inside. :eek: Several words of anglo saxon later and still the "Can we interest you in our latest publication?" was going on in my ears. "I AM STRESSED, I HAVE NO PHONE ON ME IT IS INSIDE, I'VE LEFT THE (NEW) TELLY ON, I DO NOT KNOW THE LANDLORD'S NUMBER, I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT I HAVE MY CHRISTIAN BELIEFS, I READ THE BIBLE BUT I AM NOT INTERESTED!!!!!!"

I drove to my DD2's place, I had no shakes on me, no NRT (I'm in the 4th week of giving up) where we found the number of a local locksmith but he couldnt come out for 2 hours. Anyway, he arrived, broke in in about 2 seconds. Changed the barrel and £80 job done.

Whilst sitting at DD2's place waiting for the clock to go round 2 hours I suddenly thought I NEED to go to the corner shop and buy chocolate and maybe even a packet of cigs. Fred or in my case Dick, was alive and kicking and do you know what..............I kicked him into touch. He tried and failed on this occasion. I am just having my second shake of the day and it is now 16:32.

I have not had a chance to catch up on all the diaries, as you can imagine but will have a look over the next couple of hours and try to post when I can.

Onwards and upwards. xxx

Awesome Ms Chels... way to go!

xxx

Wow, one strong lady! :D

Aw thanks girls. I have to say that it has been really hard this afternoon. After posting earlier, Dick decided to sit on my right shoulder. He's still there, nagging away at me. I've had three shakes and a small tin of tuna, so still hanging in there. Hanging is definitely THE word today.

I'm telling myself that life is always going to throw some strife at you and that turning to junk really isn't going to help.

Stay strong Lorrayne, stay strong

Back