Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Leo - stuborn, that's me. Someone once described me as mercurial which I had to look up in a dictionary!

I'm a Leo too. Grr! :)

Aw, don't we miss the little blighters when they are not around :D xx

Wouldn't know! :rolleyes: Do you know any other parents who take a holiday to escape from the kids? (Ok, I'd miss them like crazy!)

What a wonderful sunny and warm Wednesday. We are being treated to some real feel-good weather here in the South. Hope you are having some wherever you are :D

Today's food so far:

Breakfast: Muller light yogurt and sugar-free jelly :D

Snacks: Apple, pear, banana :D

Lunch: Punnet of prawns, 0% fat free greek yogurt, grapes, 2 Alpen light bars - HExB :D

Milk in tea/coffee HExA :D

Dinner: TBA

Syns: 0 so far, will update later :D:D

Might treat myself to a couple of glasses of wine to have whilst cheering on my boys in the Champions League match against *whispers* Man Utd Come on you Blues!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Looks like you really have this sorted now Chels! Well done! xxx

Chels, you are really inspiring me hun and love the no/low-syn plan as well. When i did SW first, about 7 or 8 years ago now, I did it syn-free most days and got good losses. I wonder where my willpower has gone since then?!!

Mel, so close... and a great ad for the slow & determined 'tortoise' approach, I know CD has been slow for you this time but credit hun you have never let yourself be disheartened, just kept on going. When is the US break?

xxx

Easy Tiger.......alright I know you are a lionness but "Easy Lion" doesn't quite sound the same :D

Wouldn't know! :rolleyes: Do you know any other parents who take a holiday to escape from the kids? (Ok, I'd miss them like crazy!)

pmsl.......you are funny

Looks like you really have this sorted now Chels! Well done! xxx
Bess, I had yesterday sorted and today is sorted thus far but I am still referring to my books every five minutes before I put a morsel in my mouth, especially after what happened last week with the pre-prepared pasta salads etc. This is where I find things hard, I tend to stick to a few staples instead of being really adventurous like gail and little sausage and pommette, so trying to learn hun...we'll get there xx

@KatyCakes,

We'll stay overnight near the airport on Monday the 11th to catch our early first of three flights on the 12th. Then, we'll be back on the morning of the 22nd after an overnight flight. Two very long travel days on either end of 9 days in San Antonio. We'll get back on Good Friday and be with DH and DS for Easter.

MM

Oh wow... sooooon!!! Are you excited? Sounds amazing and has come around so fast!

xxx

What a wonderful sunny and warm Wednesday. We are being treated to some real feel-good weather here in the South. Hope you are having some wherever you are :D

Today's food so far:

Breakfast: Muller light yogurt and sugar-free jelly :D

Snacks: Apple, pear, banana :D

Lunch: Punnet of prawns, 0% fat free greek yogurt, grapes, 2 Alpen light bars - HExB :D

Milk in tea/coffee HExA :D

Dinner: TBA

Syns: 0 so far, will update later :D:D

Might treat myself to a couple of glasses of wine to have whilst cheering on my boys in the Champions League match against *whispers* Man Utd Come on you Blues!!!!!!!!!:D:D
Update: Dinner: Chicken and Bacon Pasta, with salad leaves. Muller light yogurt, strawberries.
3 Alpen light Apple and Sultana bar = 9 syns. Got the munchies !!
Didn't buy any wine, so 9 syns so far.

Last edited:
So, not all that excited, I will just keep on doing what I do -- and hope to eventually get where I was and where I want to be again, and this time stay there!

Mel, any weight loss is ecxciting - it's an uphill struggle for us all. We all put it on one way or another and getting if off is the tough part.

Also remember, that the last pounds are often the hardest to get rid. They were the first to arrive and, if they've been resident for a while, are very reluctant to give up their home!!!!

Vintage Leos are the best!

Wish I was a lion sometimes too, they manage to sleep all day - perhaps it would eliminate my crisp craving?

Morning chels your food looks well nice and balanced what did u eat with your 9 sins left then??

Hope today is shining for us all x

Hi Yang,

Big Credit for passing on the wine!

I hope you have a good day!

MM

Sorry about the footy but well done on the SW! I am on Day 2 now and feeling better & calmer, long may it last. Thanks all of you for showing me its possible!

xxx

Well done on yesterday Chels!! Sounds like you had lots of nice food and all within syns as well!!

What are you eating today then? I love seeing everyone's food plans as it helps me come up with things for mine! :)

I've just finished lunch and am having a Fibre plus bar in a minute - they are delicious! If you haven't tried them, do! OK so you only get one as your HEB but they are definitely nicer than Alpen Lights...

I'm having more *fart* soup for lunch and braised steak & onions with new pots and loads o' veg tonight. Sounds a bit boring but I love it being a northerner.

Sorry about the footy Chels, but I've been a life-long fan on The Reds. Hubby born in Stretford Cottage Hospital which is where the new car park for the ground was build about 20 years ago. They didn't put up a plaque to him though to commemorate his birth!

Vintage Leos are the best!

Wish I was a lion sometimes too, they manage to sleep all day - perhaps it would eliminate my crisp craving?

Ah well, Walkers do baked crisps which are lovely and only 5 syns per pack (heck, I really hope I'm right about this!?)

Vintage Leo's!! :D

Ah well, Walkers do baked crisps which are lovely and only 5 syns per pack (heck, I really hope I'm right about this!?)

Can't get them here in Spain. All I can get are delicious thick cut crisps deep fried in EV Olive oil (nicer than Kettle Chips!). Zillions of Syns so I ignore them.

Can't get them here in Spain. All I can get are delicious thick cut crisps deep fried in EV Olive oil (nicer than Kettle Chips!). Zillions of Syns so I ignore them.

Oh, they sound divine, but food of the devil for me! :(

There's a really nice way of cooking cheese which makes great 'crisps.' Put blobs of grated cheese into a hot frying pan, they melt and crisp up, then cool and nibble! Yum!

Morning chels your food looks well nice and balanced what did u eat with your 9 sins left then??

Hope today is shining for us all x
Hi Shanny, good to see you over here. I just had the 9 sins yesterday, which means that there are a few in the bank, should I need them :D
Hi Yang,

Big Credit for passing on the wine!

I hope you have a good day!

MM
Thanks Mel, it was more a case of forgetting to pick a bottle up rather than being virtuous though.....still it was nice to not wake up with a woolly head today and it would have probably led me down the naughty food path so best to have stayed away from it. I hope your day is going well too xx
Sorry about the footy but well done on the SW! I am on Day 2 now and feeling better & calmer, long may it last. Thanks all of you for showing me its possible!

xxx
That's fab KC, enjoy the ride......it may be a bit slower but at least it is something we can all live with, socially etc. and actually, is it really slower? CD might give us quick losses initially but because it is such a difficult regime to continue with for weeks on end, slower SW losers actually end up overtaking us because they are doing something their bodies enjoy and are grateful for :D Just a thought xxx
Well done on yesterday Chels!! Sounds like you had lots of nice food and all within syns as well!!

What are you eating today then? I love seeing everyone's food plans as it helps me come up with things for mine! :)

I've just finished lunch and am having a Fibre plus bar in a minute - they are delicious! If you haven't tried them, do! OK so you only get one as your HEB but they are definitely nicer than Alpen Lights...
Hi Alli,

Today I have had a 0% yogurt with sliced banana for breakfast, lunch was leftovers from my chicken, bacon & pasta salad plus an apple
A snack so far was a Weetabix Oaty bar = 3.5 syns.
Milk in tea/coffee HExA

Dinner will probably be salmon with new potatoes and a selection of vegetables followed by yogurt and sugar-free jelly.

Jess is coming over this evening, so will be nice to have some company :D

What is everyone else having/had today? xx
I'm having more *fart* soup for lunch and braised steak & onions with new pots and loads o' veg tonight. Sounds a bit boring but I love it being a northerner.
Shipping forecast should be good again. Michal Fish - "I can assure the viewer that called in that there is no hurricane on the way" ;):D
Sorry about the footy Chels, but I've been a life-long fan on The Reds. Hubby born in Stretford Cottage Hospital which is where the new car park for the ground was build about 20 years ago. They didn't put up a plaque to him though to commemorate his birth!
Whereas Fulham have put up that "wonderful" statue of Michael Jackson (?) What a shocker that is.......MJ must be turning in his grave. Back to the football, it is only half-time in all truth, so still have it to play for :D

xxxx

......it may be a bit slower but at least it is something we can all live with, socially etc. and actually, is it really slower? CD might give us quick losses initially but because it is such a difficult regime to continue with for weeks on end, slower SW losers actually end up overtaking us because they are doing something their bodies enjoy and are grateful for :D Just a thought xxx

Such wise words! I've looked at lots of diaries of people on vlcd diets (CD, Exante etc) and many of them have huge losses whilst eating packs but as soon as they start again on "real" food it goes piling back on.
As I said elsewhere, the quick loss must be nice but I really couldn't go that way and, imho, it doesn't seem to re-wire the brain into healthy eating.

SW is sustainable and to quote an old cliche "It's not a diet - it's a new way of eating!" [SW ad over now!!!!]

What is everyone else having/had today? xx
Seems you and I are in sync. We're having salmon florentine tonight - it's one of the few ways my mum will eat fish.

Shipping forecast should be good again. Michal Fish - "I can assure the viewer that called in that there is no hurricane on the way"
Hurricane? No, Gale Force 8 a certainty!

Chels, did you know I was a yachtie? I had friends sailing in the 1979 Fastnet Race and I listened to that broadcast and shouted "Yes there bl**dy is, It's out at Fastnet NOW!". Fortunately they survived in one piece but were very brusied and battered about.

Morning Chels,

I hope all is well with you in Slimming World. I am doing okay here in my own little CD/SB/whatever world! ;)

MM

Such wise words! I've looked at lots of diaries of people on vlcd diets (CD, Exante etc) and many of them have huge losses whilst eating packs but as soon as they start again on "real" food it goes piling back on.
As I said elsewhere, the quick loss must be nice but I really couldn't go that way and, imho, it doesn't seem to re-wire the brain into healthy eating.

Hurricane? No, Gale Force 8 a certainty!

Chels, did you know I was a yachtie? I had friends sailing in the 1979 Fastnet Race and I listened to that broadcast and shouted "Yes there bl**dy is, It's out at Fastnet NOW!". Fortunately they survived in one piece but were very brusied and battered about.
Wow, I dread to think how frightening that must have been. I remember hearing a bit of wind, but where I was living at the time was all concrete, so no trees to look at to gauge the strength of the wind. I was driving my two girls to school the following day and could not believe the carnage everywhere. Huge oak trees, just felled like they were matchsticks. Amazing.

Back