Cheryls Diary.

Welcome back beautiful lady, and congratulations on your new arrival - not sure about atkins when breastfeeding, don't remember reading anything about it in the book xxx

Bren, how are you gorgeous? As soon as i can upload a photo i will post one up. I know im bias but she is so pretty. She has the longest eyelashes that even curl up. Its going to be a BIG problem when shes older lol.

I am good thanks Cheryl, just put a couple of pics up from last night before I went out so you can see for yourself ;) xx

Look forward to seeing a pic of your gorgeous little one xxx

Hi cheryl, great to see you. Congratulations and welcome to Summer:D

Wrt Atkins and breastfeeding - as always no research and no data so no one will say is safe! However, there are more people who have done primal and been breastfeeding - sort of relaxed low carb and keeping very focused on healthy, non processed food. In fact many saying it's better for baby (avoiding wheat and dairy really helping bambino!)

Think you need to gently find a way of eating that feels good for you....as always:)
Looking forward to chatting
Xxx

Where are they Bren? I cant find them.
Hey Katie how are you hun? I think your right from what ive read i need to look at about 60g carbs per day. I can stick to meat and veg but wont limit my veggies and will have fruit too. I may even have a slice of wholemeal bread/toast for brekkie as its quick and easy to grab with baby and school run. I am drinking lots probably 3litres a day as when feeding i get really thirsty.

They are a couple of pages back in my diary - can't work out how to link it into here though...............

Im off to look!
Ive just been told that maintainance is safe while bf, any tips? Its a stage ive never done before

Hey Cheryl, lovely to see you back love

Hi Cheryl, congratulations and what a lovely name. No idea about breastfeeding but as Katie says primal must be OK, didn't do the cavemen any harm lol. Looking forwards to some baby pics too.

Hey Lisa. How are you getting on?

Ive read that the maintainance stage is ok to do when bf so can any of you tell me what i should be doing? Ive never actually done it as always went back to induction lol.

Work Cheryl? not me love, I'm retired now, have been for a year nearly :D

Oh Jim you lucky man. Bet you miss it though lol (like a hole in the head!). Hows Olivia? I bet shes getting big. Is she still as spoilt by grandad? Silly question really!

Evening cheryl, how you doing? I'm on maintenance but actually tend to only eat about 20g normally as i like it so much. However, if i was doing a menu that included all my favourites in one day (more like 50-60?), it might look like this:

B bacon, eggs, mushrooms, slice burgen soy and linseed bread (10g slice) with butter and marmite
S nuts any kind
L low carb pitta, houmous, chicken, salad
S cheese, pork crackling, sf biscuit with my tea
D meat, veg including carrots, maybe half a sweet potato, berries and cream for dessert

So had veg, fruit, "healthy" grains, pulses, protein, a bit of fat etc. not too processed!
Xx

Now that sounds like a great menu. 2 things. where do you get the lc pitta or how do you make them and any chance you can do me a week planner lol cheeky arent I!!!!

Lol - cheeky lady:). Low carb pittas come from low carb megastore.com - can buy in bulk and freeze.

Also meant to say - if you want fruit then be careful having as snack as may spike your bloodsugar and set off cravings. The suggestion from primal board is always have with some fat to help stabilise eg berries and cream, apple plus cheese. Personally i also suggest you avoid dried fruit as far too easy to overindulge and the sugar very very concentrated!

Have fun:)

Thats a great tip thank you. Im starting next week once ive been paid and been shopping! I think the low carb store will be first on the list. Do they taste ok, or would you recommend me eating other stuff first to stop that horrible taste and for them to taste nice?

Morning all.
Ive been busy sorting out little Tinks clothes. How on earth can one baby have so much? Its mainly all 6-9mths. I think i will have something different for every day in that age range lol.

Morning Cheryl, oh yes I'm loving it :) and yes Olivia is spoiled rotten LOL

Back