Cheryls Diary.

The proper pelvic floor Jim not the rudy type i think your thinking of lol. The physio said i have to do 10 lasting 10sec each 10 times a day!

Hi Bren. How are you lovely?
Im good today thanks. I cant stop thinking about a dirty doner kebab though with white cabbage and lemon.........lots of lemon! Lol
Think i might have to treat myself at work tomorrow!

yuk is all I can say to doner kebabs!!! only ever had one in my life and I have never been so sick! it was 32 years ago, maybe I should try one again but the smell just gets to me..................

Its Jims fault! Last time on atkins he told me it was ok to eat and i felt soooooooo bad for eating it as its like the forbidden food but its not. Now i have a thing for lemons and its the only meat i can think of eating with lots of lemon juice. Lol

Evening cheryl:)
One of my favorite recipes is chicken with ginger/lemon/soy - think i stuck it on the recipes thread a while ago:)
How you doing?

Fish and lemon go really well together ;)

I know but ive never been able to eat fish :(

Evening cheryl:)
One of my favorite recipes is chicken with ginger/lemon/soy - think i stuck it on the recipes thread a while ago:)
How you doing?

Hi hun. How are you? Can you post me a link to it? I cant make it tomorrow though as im at work so it will either be a kebab, a sarnie or something from the chip shop. unless i stop at m&s garage on the way.

Morning Cheryl... Hope you have a good day :)

Seems like I'm getting all the Flak again. LOL

Morning Cheryl. Think I'll treat myself to a kebab at lunchtime :)

Hi Cheryl, cant find the atkins version - but here's the normal one for you:)
Have a good day and enjoy the kebab:D
Xx

Chicken and Fennel with Lemon and Ginger

From Sainsbury's Quick & Easy Chinese Meals by Roz Denny

Ingredients (serves 4)
4 chicken breasts (with skins)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 lemon
300 ml (1/2 pint) chicken stock
1 teaspoon clear honey
2 teaspoons cornflour
2 tablespoons groundnut oil
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2.5 cm (1 inch) cube fresh root ginger, cut into thin sticks
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 bulbs of fennel, sliced
Method

Rub the chicken with the soy sauce and leave for 15 minutes.
Pare the rind from the lemon, then cut into very thin strips. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice. Blend the juice with the stock, honey, cornflour and any soy sauce remaining after marinating the chicken. Set aside.
Heat the oils in a wok, add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes, turning until browned all over. Remove and set aside.
Add the ginger, garlic and fennel to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return the chicken with the lemon rind.
Pour in the blended stock, stir well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Serve with rice or pasta.
Comments

I normally use boneless breasts as it is easier to ensure everything is cooked through without overcooking the chicken.
It is worth making "too much" of this recipe and freezing the left overs. I recommend using this as a base for a lovely risotto. Defrost the chicken and sauce. Cut up the chicken into bite size chunks. If there is not enough chicken, cube another breast and fry for 3 minutes. Put everything in a pan, add easy cook rice and additional water and simmer for 15-20 minutes until rice cooked. Add more liquid as necessary. You do not need to use risotto rice as the existing sauce will be thick & creamy.

Sorry Cheryl, didn't know you didn't like fish (I am not fond but eat it cos I know I should lol). How are you today? xx

Hello boys and girls.
Sorry i didnt get a chance to pop on today i was mega busy at work. I hate being in the office.
Didnt get my kebab either, everyone refused to get me one and my pelvis was hurting so much i couldnt walk there so ended up with a subway! Lol
Thanks for the recipe.
Hope you are all well.
xxx

Morning Cheryl... Hope the pelvis is less painful today! Sounds like its a real problem at the moment! Have a good day :)

Morning Cheryl, well i had mine :D

Morning all. Im feeling much better today thanks but not tempting fate as it comes and goes daily! Taking Mark and oliver bowling today but none for me as i cant bend and not meant to be lifting either :( oh well im sure i can laugh at them!
So im guessing you are all working? I hope not too hard as its fri afterall. Really hope those of you going to Brum have a great time...........I hate to think of the hangovers!

Afternoon Cheryl, yes working :( got to pay for the weekends somehow! Take it easy, no picking up those big heavy balls!!!!

Well we had a lovely day. The boys had a great laugh bowling, I on the other hand looked like id smuggled out a bowling ball! Went to frankie and bennys after for some early dinner.
Got our 4d scan tomorrow and really looking forward to that will see baby properly and see what/who she looks like.

Back