Chickadee's food diary.

Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning to see the damage from the wedding... 1.5 lb gain! This has given me even more motivation to up my game this week - I now need to lose 3.5 lb to keep on my target of 2 lb per week...

Hiya - just thought I'd share some advice with you... DO NOT step on the scales mid week!!! It only leads to making you feel like you have failed when you have not!!! You are doing it... and as we all know weight can fluctuate depending on the time of day, week, month etc, etc. Stick with it and you'll see the slow n steady losses!! x

Hi cnicolaf

That's good advice, I've managed to resist the call of the scales today and defo won't be having any more sneaky peeks until WI on Friday :)

Original - Thurs 4/08/2011

brekkie
2 weetabix - HEXB
250ml ss milk - HEXA
strawbs and half banana

lunch
prawn and melon cocktail
marie rose sauce - 1 tbsp light mayo and 1 tbsp ketchup ( 3.5 syns)
SF - salad, cherry toms, melon, cucumber.

dinner
Diet coke chicken
227g baking potato (2nd HEXB)
SF - red and green peppers, mushrooms and onions.

My dinner was horrid, I used a different recipe to the one I used last week for diet coke chicken :( Did not enjoy it so im going to go and eat LOADS of melon lol! I still have syns but not wanting to use them cos it's WI day tomorrow and I'm planning on going out for lunch so saving them so I can have a nice treat!

syns
sugar - 3 syns(guess, used a small amount in recipe in place of sweetner as didn't have any)
tomato ketchup - 1 syn

total syns
7.5 syns

Last edited:
Just lying in bed having a wee think about my week and also weigh in tomorrow! Think I've had a good week ( apart from wedding on sat) I've had a few ee days and the rest original and I'm hoping cutting back on the carbs will increase my loss this week! I've been under 15 syns everday( excluding wedding of course) and even went syn free for a few days to make up for it! I only want to lose 11Lbs so I feel like having 15 syns a day would be too much for me, especially as I have quite big portions for dinner :) ive had loads of SF this week so pleased about that! Anyway will see how it goes at WI and then I can always adjust syns accordingly for next week!

Ideally I'd love to see a loss of 4Lbs tomorrow, this would make it a 7lbs loss alltogether and I'd be 10st 4lbs which would be fab!!! This is maybe a tad unrealistic though but any loss will do!

I'm quite annoyed about my lack of exercise this week. I had the best of intentions.... Did week 1 of kettlbells resistance on Monday and my muscles having been aching since, still in PAIN today! As a result I've not really been able to do anything else cos I could hardly walk lol!! I did 10 minutes of pilates yesterday but that's been it :( also went a wee ten minute walk around park yesterday but was walking like a cowboy lol really want to do core section of kettlebells today but need to see how the legs are holding up later!!

So things ahead for me next in the next few days...
Christening on Saturday which will include lunch out
Possible night out with friend on saturday
Family lunch on Tuesday
Lunch with friends on Thursday

Yay I managed to do the Core section of Kettlworx today, took it easy on the squatting though! Really enjoyed core and planning to finish off week 1 with cardio on Saturday!

Also squeezed in a wee ten minute pilates perfect abs workout after the bells - started doing this last week and already can see a bit of toning( nothing major but still....)
Went shopping today and treated myself to a nice pair of wedges for the Christening on Sat, also bought some new clothes for starting back work on the 15th. Did get the baby a present too...gorgeous wee outfit from NEXT. Kids clothes there are adorable. Off to make my dinner now, diet coke chicken, yuuummmmm :D

Hi Chickadee, you seem in a fantastic frame of mind, I'm sure you'll have a good result tomoro after all your hard work :) I lost 2lbs at weigh in last night, which made up for my 2.5lbs gain the week before!! I've got 1 more weigh in before my holiday next week and I'd really love to lose another 2lbs but that's a rarity for me. I'll be happy with anything as long as its a loss :) Good luck tomoro, I'm dying to know how you've got on x

That's fantastic, congrats on your 2lbs loss!
I do feel in a good frame of mind :) although my boyf has just ordered a dominoes pizza and after my rank dinner i must say it'll be hard to resist ;)

I'm nervous and excited about tomorrow - I think i'll maybe lose between 1-2 lbs( anything more would be a total bonus!) Will let you know how it goes...

Not too long now until your holiday, getting excited? You got all your holiday gear sorted?! x

Most of it, some of it still needs a quick wash, then I've got a fair bit of ironing to do (there's 4 of us!) before I can pack. But besides that, I can't wait to get there!!

Aw well you still have plenty of time to get organised! Will be lovely to get away and have a change of scenery eh( wish I was back in Canada!)

Hope you manage to shift the couple of lbs you want before you jet off! Do you have a food diary on here? I'd like a wee peek, good to see what others are doing!

No I don't have one as yet, but I'm certainly gonna start one the minute I get back! I started a written food diary in a little notebook last week and I think it helped a lot x

I'll look forward to reading it then!

Yeah I really do feel like it's helpful, helps me stay focused and because I know it's going to be under scrutiny from others it makes me want to be extra good LOL!!

Although I have become a bit obsessed by it lol

I wouldn't say obsessed.....call it focused ;) and we're all in the same boat on here aren't we? I'm in such a good mindset at the moment all I can think about is losing weight and if keeping a diary helps keep me on the straight and narrow then I can't wait to start mine x

Friday 5/08/2011

Decided to have an ee day today- going out for lunch later and just find it much more flexible! I'm mega craving some carbs after all those original days!

Brekkie

57g wm bread - HEXB
Beans
Scrambled eggs with splash of milk - 1 syn
Light spread 1 tsp- 1 syn
forgot to have 1/3 SF(Whoops!)
200 ml OJ - 4.5 syns

Lunch

Lentil soup containing 1/3 SF( was still full from brekkie!)
small crusty white roll - 6.5 syns
Melon slice
Satsuma

Dinner

SW carbonara with chicken instead of ham (yay carrbbbs!!)
1/3 SF- side salad with toms, peppers, gherkins and pickles.mushrooms and onions in pasta.
HEXA- 42g reduced fat cheddar to sprinkle.

image-2002434771.jpg

total syns

Last edited:
Friday 5/08/2011

Decided to have an ee day today- going out for lunch later and just find it much more flexible! I'm mega craving some carbs after all those original days!

Brekkie

57g wm bread - HEXB
Beans
Scrambled eggs
1/3SF- cherry toms and mushrooms
Light spread 1 tsp- 1 syn

Lunch

Eating out, will update.

Dinner

SW carbonara (yay carrbbbs!!)
1/3 SF- large side salad with toms, onions, peppers and pickles.mushrooms and onions in pasta.
HEXA- 42g reduced fat cheddar to sprinkle.

Hi hun, i've been reading your diary and you are doing great, you have given me some ideas for my meals :) Just wondering if you could post the carbonara recipe here or have you found one on here?

Thanks Von x

Hi Von

Thanks for reading my diary, i'm really pleased I've given you some ideas. Here's the link to the carbonara below, there are a few variations... think i'm doing the one with quark(never tried it so hoping it's good)

Let me know how it was :)

Carbonara recipe

Yay...Lost 2lbs this week :) BOOM!

Thanks blue bunny, I'm chuffed! :)

I bet you are Hun, that's exactly what you wanted to lose isn't it? Who says you can't have fun and still lose weight?? ;) x

Well in my little dream world I would have loved 4 lbs but I'm very pleased with 2 and I'm still on track to get to target by the date I set! So all good! Hope you're enjoying your Friday night, I've just been chilling with the bf watching a movie, have a christening tomorrow so got an early rise x

Back