Chickadee's food diary.

I am going to have to make a ham hock one now lol
Weekends over, can you believe it, they just zoom by!

Dont feel bad about the pizza hun :)
I am not gonna be able to steal the recipie for that pea soup now :( Lol....best get on and google recipies as i need some! Yum yum with grilled bacon on top! xx

Mmm yummy soup! Well done on the loss! x

That's a great find Joanne, classes are fun, tend to push yourself harder when in a group, altho you are doing fabulously at shrinking :)

Chick did you go to the movies, what did you see?

Sounds great Joanne will check that link out, thanks :)

Kron went to see War Horse it was great :) Real weepy! Going to buy the book to read to my class now!

food today

brekkie

banana

lunch

minted pea and herb soup
red grapes
apple

dinner

scotch broth soup
4 x rye crackerbread with sliced toms
mango
mandarin
Lf yogurt
small block of chocolate

Snacks
Tbsp peanut butter
Raw red pepper slices

Last edited:
Aw thanks Kron :)

Looks like another good food day!

I will have to wait til hubby goes out and get it on DVD, with a big box of tissues!
I wouldn't be good reading out loud, I know what it's about and would start blubbing lol

Kron sometimes when I'm reading my class a sad story I get watery eyes and a lump in my throat lol

Food for yesterday

Brekkie- slice of toast and banana

Break- mandarin

Lunch- broccoli soup
Apple

Dinner-lentil and bacon soup
Ciabatta with butter
Lindt chocolate

Food for today

Brekkie- eat natural bar
Slice of toast

Break- mandarin

Lunch- lentil and bacon soup
Apple

Dinner-French onion soup
Half ciabatta with butter and sliced toms.
Lf yogurt
2 blocks of choc
Orange

Last edited:
I can't wait for your WI :)
Are you still feeling satisfied with your soup, your definitely having loads of different flavours
I went past the butchers the other night and forgot to ask him to get some ham hock in, still going to make this one

Yes I really am! Having a wide variety is also helping :) had a sneaky peek at the scales today and I was up by 1/4 lb??!!! hadn't been to the loo yet so maybe that explains it( sorry that's prob too much info!)

I'm hoping for another good loss and must say I'll be disappointed with anything less than 2lbs!!

Sitting here watching the national tv awards trying to talk myself into doing week 2 resistance!!!

Ignore that 1/4lb hun!! I am sure it will be gone friday along with a few more lbs! You have done so well sticking to the soups! They all sound delish! Where do you get them from? xx

Weight can fluctuate so much, I have seen differences of a couple lb up and down in a day!
You should never weigh until after you've 'been' either lol

I was hoping for 2 this week to get me to my pre Christmas weight, but we went out and had a full blown 3 course meal last night, it was really yummy :) well worth the slight delay on reaching target lol

Did you get resistance done?

Kron- no didn't do resistance, was feeling too lazy! I hardly watch tv so dunno why I was so interested in the tv awards lol

Chunky- I buy then fresh from peckhams. They are yummy :)

Well still showing a 1/4 gain on the glass shelf of doom! Still haven't 'been' though...do you guys think I'm not losing cos I'm not eating enough?? Honest opinions please!

Food today

Brekkie- slice of toast

Lunch- lentil and bacon soup

Dinner - curried parsnip soup
3 rye wholegrain cracker bread with sliced toms.

Snacks - apple/ orange. 2 blocks of chocolate.

Add to the list chippy chips! With lots of HP brown sauce. Not a full bag about 1/4 so exercising SOME self restraint at least!!!

Last edited:
Scales today showing 10. 5.5!!! So annoying! I know I really must stop weighing but I'm addicted!! Hopefully it'll be gone and a few more for my official weigh in which is now Monday. Apart from the small portion of chips last night I've been doing well so I defo deserve a loss!! X

Food today

Brekkie- 2 slice of toast

Lunch- bacon and lentil soup
Apple

Dinner- carrot and coriander soup.
Red grapes
1 rye crackerbread.

Snacks- 3 blocks of choc(!)
2 mint humbugs

Need to get some more fruit in over the weekend- determined to see a loss on Monday. Hoping for 10. 2.5 at least!

Last edited:
Hi Chick

I think your body adapts, but I would have thought you would be losing. It's not WI yet, so you have time for the scales to drop.

Looking at your meals they seem healthy, lots of veg etc.
My musings as to where a problem could be are-

Are the soups clear with diced veg etc, or pureed? If clear I would say that your not eating enough.

Do they taste yummy because they are made with cream, butter etc?

Perhaps adding some protein, there is not much meat, fish, but that shouldn't hurt, veggies get by, altho I believe soya and tofu provides protein

Have you been yet :)

Kron, as always, thank you for taking the time to reply :)

The soups seem to be blended as they still have some bulk if that makes sense? They are filling that's for sure!

I tend to avoid the 'cream of' ones! Think I had cream of mushroom last week once but just cos it's a fav :)

The carrot and coriander one I've just had for dinner has the following ingredients- celery, parsnip, onion, carrot, tomato, fennel, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, potato, coriander and seasoning. Each soup has ingredients on the tub and is 550 ml so getting a good bowl :)

All sounds pretty healthy :)

You could be right about maybe having some protein.

I have 'been' but it was a long time after I weighed this morning so could be that!!

Fingers crossed for WI, can't see any reason not to be losing. You may want to give soup a miss for a couple of days, give your body a change and see if that helps x

Back