Chicken Mince

Auburn

x x x
Hello :)

I bought some chicken mince on a whim, and it's going to be used at the weekend..

However, I dont know what to do with it..!

Has anyone got any spectacular ideas?

I was thinking some kind of mince curry, or maybe meatballs? Or some kind of bolognese... Any ideas greatfully appreciated. Not lasagne though :)

i use turkey mince and use it exactly the same as beef mince
bolognaise,chilli,cottage pie etc
just less cals/points than beef mince.
hope that helps
catherine

Chicken and spring onion burgers!

Where did you get chicken mince from, ive never seen it.

ive never seen chicken mince, only turkey mince. i would do the chicken burger rolled in cornflakes and chilli powder and some rice crispies yummmmmm

I would do a version of Kally's turkey burger recipe: finely chop onion and peppers. Soften them in frylight and allow to cool. Mix with the chicken mince (get your hands in there!) some seasoning (I use tex mex or cajun) and form into little chicken burgers. Whack em in the oven for about 25 mins. Yummy.

I bought chicken mince too from Tesco. I made 'chinese style' meatballs using fresh ginger, spring onion, fresh chilli, breadcrumbs and fish sauce. They were scrummy and worked out at half a point per ball :D

I served them with sweet chilli sauce and salad. I have also made a sauce with tinned tomatoes, soy, ginger, garlic, chilli and a little sweetner. Don't ask me about amounts, I just chuck things in and taste then think it needs a little bit more of this or that until Im happy with it and served them with noodles for a change instead of spaghetti.

Ive also made ordinary chicken meatballs and served them with a bbq sauce (tinned tomatoes, worcester sauce, mustard and sweetner).

My family and I are meatball fiends and have them twice a week.

Hope this has given you some ideas x

Back