Chicken soup

cherl889

Loves this site!
Im about to make a chicken soup with the left over chicken from last night and just wondering your recipes for this. I normally just use chicken, stock and onions (which ever sort you are allowed). Before atkins i would also add in some sweetcorn.

I'd do the same really, use scallions instead of onion Cheryl and a little Xanthan gum as thickener.

Not for thickening, no love. sorry.

flax seed x

dunno lol. i read it somewhere x

Oh well. Ive made it now and it tastes lovely, shame i dont have a flask for night duty.

Oh yes, that should work, but add it after you've boiled the stock I'd think.

No she said Flask Sticky. ;)

What stock are we allowed to use?

Pretty much any stock, just check the carbs, some of the bouillon cubes can be carby, others are very low.

Marigold bouillon is pretty good. x

Im lazy and for the purpose of todays soup have brought a ready made one. I can post the soup on there if you like but i didnt think it would need it. I cut off pieces of chicken (im very fussy over which bits i eat), chop them up as big or small as you want them, place them in a pan with the stock and whatever onions/scallions your allowed to use, boil, then simmer. Mine was cooking for about 2hrs as i find the longer its cooking the better it tastes. Will taste a whole lot better in the morning if there is any left!

sounds lovely and different too!!!

im defo trying this next week :D

Got some for "breakfast". Dont quite know why im awake as didnt get to bed til 8am this morning. Lol

Back