Chickpea Chat

Cheers, Cali. Good old wikipedia :D

I didn't know what steel cut oats were originally either. Or what the difference between rolled and the cut ones were in the beginning of my GI experience. I googled it up, because the ladies were talking about it for the oat cakes.

TBH I don't think I personally could hack 1200 cals, in a way I'm glad that my rotten health means I can't go that low!

I'm finding it difficult to hack 1200, but remember, to maintain my weight I only need 1502 calories! 1200 is actually a 20% reduction of the maintenance calories, so it's very safe amount of calories for me.

I do like the idea of soup plus a little protein, perhaps some yoghurt or cottage cheese to follow, seems like a sensible plan for lunch. I never get tired of soup. :D However, I do need to organise myself to make the soups myself, rather than relying on m and s or waitrose :)

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with Minimins forums today? It's been taking ages to load.

Yup, me too. :(

I wasn't sure if it was just me, or the forums itself being bad.

It seems to be working much smoother today.

Hi all,
Loving this thread!!! On the sassy water, I love that sort of water - I usually quarter a lemon, and a big handful of mint with half cold water and half boiled - "half and half". I actually dont like really cold water, and its not good for you anyway - must try the cucumber though!!!
Does anyone else find that oatcakes make you really hungry? In fact, any time Ive had them, within about half an hour ive ended up in binge mode.
Hope all is good with everyone. xx

Hmm I don't find the oatcakes make me hungry but I always make sure to have them with some protein (peanut butter, light Philly, lowfat cheese, etc) to offset the carbs and I think that helps!

I was having some protein with them, but I also find porridge can make me hungry too, so its probably oats!!
Also, one of the problems with the ole oatcakes is that once you have opened the pack, its way more tempting to keep going with them!!!

clarri said:
Also, one of the problems with the ole oatcakes is that once you have opened the pack, its way more tempting to keep going with them!!!

This is why I can't buy the cheese oatcakes! :D

The biscuits aren't too bad, I buy a mixed pack with little packets of 2 in it. Don't dare to try the choc chip though!

Really loving the autumn raspberries that are available now! We've got some canes in the garden and also got some with our veggie box delivery this week; it's hard for me not to gorge on them but at least berries are low GI!

In other news, I burned my tongue last night on the yummy soup and it is still burned today - that will teach me to be so greedy!
:eatdrink023:

LOL but not really on the burnt tongue. It's the sort of thing that is funny when someone else has it but not when it's you. :rolleyes:

Raspberries are great aren't they? Gorge away on them because they are low GI and low calorie and full of fibre. My son ate most of my raspberries of my plate today, the little tea leaf. Grrr

Last edited:
Burning tongue is no fun. I feel like a pig when it happens, because I couldn't wait ten seconds more to try to blow on the food to cool it down more. >_<

Raspberries are yummy. My dog ate all the raspberries we had in the backyard about a month and a half ago :(

I've added a signature. Hip Hip Hooray. You may have noticed that I have put in goals already achieved. :D Nothing like a little boost to make myself better. Actually, I do think it's important do a little self cheerleading.

I like your sig Ashie! And I'm giggling away at the thought of children and dogs half-inching all the raspberries, hehe. Fortunately my cats do not like them!

Back