Chickpeas and Marmite

Food abuse or not I have had to give this a go as I really, really want to eat today!

I've got Scampi and Lemon Nik Naks in my cupboard, from a multi pack!

:eek: Did you buy the entire stash?!
Where did you fiiiiind these thingz of baauuutyyyyyy??? :confused:

Got any Nice n Spicy? :drool:

Ate a few, thought they tasted OK, at a few more & binned them. Glad I tried them but won't bother again.

ermintrude said:
:eek: Did you buy the entire stash?!
Where did you fiiiiind these thingz of baauuutyyyyyy??? :confused:

Got any Nice n Spicy? :drool:

Tesco! I think it's nice n spicy, lemon and scampi and rib n saucy in the multipack! They're on offer with hula hoops x

Don't shoot me for enabling!

The only reason 'drying them out' matters is because they are then *less filling* so you are likely to eat MORE. Drying them out means you DO eat them in a way they're not intended. Two or three raw potatoes on their own would be *extremely* filling! In fact just one potato would be plenty, wheras one potato of crisps would NOT fill you up, so you're likely to make two or three potatoes worth - hence you've eaten 2 or 3 times as many calories.

I don't know why you've got hung up on the 'water' thing? :confused: It really wasn't my point at all. My point was that if you make SW crisps or DRY chickpeas they will be lighter and less FILLING *even though* they have the SAME calories in as before you roasted them - so youre very likely to eat MORE (volume & calories) than you would in their uncooked state. What I said was:

Nothing to do with the 'water' thing, just the amount you're likely to eat compared to if it *wasnt* cooked like that. :)

Its just one way we 'abuse' food and "use it in a way in which we shouldn't" like you say.

Exactly! :)

Then you have one weird appetite... :D it would take a LOT of crisps (a LOT more than ONE potato) to 'fill me up' as much as one baked potato! So I'd be eating more potatoes hence more calories to get equally full :)

But that's fine - if you use the same amount and serve with beans as part of a meal theres no problem, who said there was? :confused: No food abuse there, youve not eaten more than the snack version and the other parts of the meal (beans) will fill you up anyway. Good stuff!

Forget the water thing! - the only point was if you eat 'dry' stuff you're eating the same amount of calories in 'less' food (crisps dont take up as much space in your tummy as a whole potato!), so you wont get as full on the one potato and are pretty likely to eat MORE than one! Hence more calories.

Anyhow, Im going to bow out of this conversation as I dont seem to be explaining it well enough and I don't want to start upsetting anyone :confused:

PS: I still think the best rule is to use your common sense. Does it sound like a good idea to roast chickpeas/microwave crisps and eat them on their own in large quantities as a snack every day? No. Would it be OK on the odd occasion or with a proper meal. Yeah.

Peace x :)

lets be honest here, you are explaining it more than well !! I and everyone else (if they are truly honest) get it, you couldnt be any clearer. It is a persons individual interpretation thats the key in this discussion...there is a great deal of "guilt" surrounding some peoples diet and some people can embrace theories and think laterally. whereas others immediately see only what they want to see to make them feel better for something they may have eaten or want to eat. its everyones choice at the end of the day dont get so hung up on things just because you dont want to believe them just disregard it*awaits backlash*

You may want to check the fat content of the pack of Nik Naks against the fat content in a whole tin of chickpeas. A tin of chickpeas will fill you up more and be better for you than a packet of Nik Naks, which has virtually no nutritional value.

But each to their own I guess.

I was so excited to share this good bit of news and it has gone down in flames. so disappointed.

why oh why is it so hard to loose the weight and so easy to put it on !!

Tara, people are always going to disagree with you. As the saying goes, let them eat cake (or Nik Naks) and you keep posting good healthy snack ideas. Everyone's different and what works for one will not always work for another. But don't feel upset chick. It's not worth it! xx

I found out that 30g of Marmite Cashew nuts (thats a third of the bag) is 8.5 syns on all plans.

I might invest cos i love Marms and I love Cashews!

x

I found out that 30g of Marmite Cashew nuts (thats a third of the bag) is 8.5 syns on all plans.

I might invest cos i love Marms and I love Cashews!

x

Ommmmmm!:drool: I havent had these since I started SW! I *adore* them, am definitely having them over Xmas! :)

See now I love those honey covered cashews you get in a burlap sack from Aldi for less than £2. Would I measure out 30g of them and eat them slowly and elegantly? Helllllllssss no!! :D :p

I was so excited to share this good bit of news and it has gone down in flames. so disappointed.

dont be dissapointed hun!! if you like the idea and it works for you then sod them all !!

Why are you getting disappointed about it, not everyone is going to like the same thing! As long as you like it who cares! :)

no what i meant that i thought i was passing on exciting news regarding a low syn snack. i am not upset or sad.
well maybe sad getting excited about chick peas and marmite.

ermintrude said:
They dont make 'em any more :( :cry:

Maybe we'll all have to stuff our faces with CHICKPEAS instead??!! :eek: :8855:

If you look on approved food they were selling them the other day !!!!

It's a discount food site that sells food near or just gone out of date.
Lots of people I know turn their noses up at it but I use it a lot and none of my family has ever been ill.
They don't sell fresh or frozen but tins packets bottles etc .:)

Back