Chickpeas and Marmite

It's a discount food site that sells food near or just gone out of date.
Lots of people I know turn their noses up at it but I use it a lot and none of my family has ever been ill.
They don't sell fresh or frozen but tins packets bottles etc .:)

Nothing wrong with stuff near its date. No shame in saving pennies in the credit crunch :p My uncle works in cadburies and says their chocolate is good for a year after the date, as long as there is no white stuff on it lol

lets be honest here, you are explaining it more than well !! I and everyone else (if they are truly honest) get it, you couldnt be any clearer. It is a persons individual interpretation thats the key in this discussion...there is a great deal of "guilt" surrounding some peoples diet and some people can embrace theories and think laterally. whereas others immediately see only what they want to see to make them feel better for something they may have eaten or want to eat. its everyones choice at the end of the day dont get so hung up on things just because you dont want to believe them just disregard it*awaits backlash*

I couldn't agree with you more! I know I used to get defensive about my tweaks, trying to justify it and *make* everyone understand and agree with me lol. I've stopped all that nonsense now. My weight loss journey is my personal battle and SW is my weapon of choice, however if I need to indulge in a few tweaks to make it favourable long term I will. I'm not going to apologise for it, I'm not going to encourage anyone to do the same. It's what I do for me and I'm cool with that. Even though we're following SW, I'm sure we all adjust it slightly to suit us and that's cool. No need to try and explain why you think dry roasted chickpeas *should* be free. If that's what you want, eat it and enjoy!

Erm you explained the logic behind food abuse beautifully as you always do. But like Felicity said, sometimes we only see what we want to see and pick up on elements that suit our purposes. It's human nature lol.

Last edited:
Back