Chili con carni, choc cereal shake and vanilla cereal shake - new

loveloveyy

hi i see ss have some new flavours

wondered if anyone have tried these and what they thought

i need to place an order but wanted some opntions before i did so

I've tried the chocolate cereal and that was lush (see my thread on it). I haven't tried the others yet but have a chilli sample waiting.

Depending on what size order your doing you can ask for samples with it.

The "new shake is lush" thread will give you an idea about the new choc shake. I have bought the chilli con Carne pack but haven't tried it yet, will let you know!

The "new shake is lush" thread will give you an idea about the new choc shake. I have bought the chilli con Carne pack but haven't tried it yet, will let you know!

could you please try it today if you could and let me know so i can place an order tonight i would appreciate it so much :)

I've got to wait for a new microwave before I can try my chilli. Praying the uni hall's reception will be open on Tuesday! I know I could do it in a pan but I burn things that way.

I had the chilli for dinner, it's quite nice, has little kidney beans in it too. It does have a bit of a kick to it like the spg bol but its not too hot to eat. i prefer it over the cottage pie

loveloveyy said:
could you please try it today if you could and let me know so i can place an order tonight i would appreciate it so much :)

Not a problem will probably have it the next hour :)

Cherry-Blossom said:
I've got to wait for a new microwave before I can try my chilli. Praying the uni hall's reception will be open on Tuesday! I know I could do it in a pan but I burn things that way.

Can't you cook it on the hob? The new instruction leaflet now shows hob and microwave cooking if I remember correctly?

my3cherubs said:
I had the chilli for dinner, it's quite nice, has little kidney beans in it too. It does have a bit of a kick to it like the spg bol but its not too hot to eat. i prefer it over the cottage pie

I found the Cottage Pie ok but quite herby, not my favourite but I still bought it to add a bit of variety, i do like the Spag Bol so hope the Chilli is nice too!

I haven't tried the S&S chilli yet but I have tried the Proti chilli (same manufacturer I believe) and it was fine. From memory (ages since I tried it) it was nearly as nice as the spag bol and much nicer than the cottage pie of which I'm not a lover. I seem to remember adding more water to it than it said and leaving it to stand a bit longer as the beans were a bit 'crusty' on my first attempt as if the water hadn't soaked in enough. I think I've got more or less enough stuff to see my through to the end now but would definitely be ordering some chilli if I hadn't.

Just tried the Chilli and it was ok! Spicy to give it flavour, I also left it to soak a bit in the boiling water before microwaving to avoid the crunchy bits!

I would definitely order more.

Hope this helps?

Just tried the Chilli and it was ok! Spicy to give it flavour, I also left it to soak a bit in the boiling water before microwaving to avoid the crunchy bits!

I would definitely order more.

Hope this helps?

thank you so much, does it taste werid? how isit compared to the spag bol? ive tried the spag bol and to me it was quite yummy :)

i like spicy food so its not a prob

My mouth is watering reading this thread..... Defo having the chilli for lunch tomorrow.....hmmmmm

Tasted a bit bland but I guess thats why they make it spicy, although I do have a bad cold so maybe I am not the best judge of flavour at the moment. It went down ok and I would have it again so it's all good :)

How many calories / carbs do the 'new' shakes have (not the cereal thingies)? So the hazelnut, latte, caramel and fruits of the forest? The list I have doesn't show them and I don't think it's on the website.

New things:

Crispy Chocolate: 161cal
Crispy Vanilla: 166cal
Hazelnut: 128cal
Caramel: 122cal
Latte: 130cal
Summer Fruits: 121cal
Chilli Con Carne meal: 135cal
Tomato Soup: 127cal
Banana Fudge Bar: 146cal
Maple, Fruits and Almonds Bar: 139cal

I think that's everything that's new.

Cherry-Blossom said:
New things:

Crispy Chocolate: 161cal
Crispy Vanilla: 166cal
Hazelnut: 128cal
Caramel: 122cal
Latte: 130cal
Summer Fruits: 121cal
Chilli Con Carne meal: 135cal
Tomato Soup: 127cal
Banana Fudge Bar: 146cal
Maple, Fruits and Almonds Bar: 139cal

I think that's everything that's new.

Where did you find that? Looked everywhere and couldn't find them.

On the sheet I got with my order on Friday.

Cherry-Blossom said:
On the sheet I got with my order on Friday.

Your so lucky, I want a sheet with the new product calories on!!!!!!

And I am only joking, will probably get one in next months order, but interesting to know!

Back