Chips With Everything is BACK !

hi lostiis

have a great bank holiday and enjoy your day off
Thanks chezz, and the same to you. Doing anything special today?

Hi chezz :) and all Chipsters, slightly belated bank holiday best wishes, but have a good day. I have not been on computer much. Been playing Home & Gardens. By that I mean doing lots of pointing and giving instructions to friend who I think will be glad to escape tomorrow. Garden looking nice. So strange to have Tulips and Daffodils (Hi lostris who lives in the flower bulb centre of the Universe xx) flowering at same time. Seasons are all over the place with such late snow here in North Wales.

Hi lostris xx chips here. Hope all is well with you. I get confused (easily done these days :rolleyes:) with posts. If you are kind enough and interested enough to be asking what work I do. The answer is "as little as possible" :D I retired a few years ago having worked for 40+ years. Hey Ho, weigh in day tomorrow. Although I have been good food wise, have probably eaten a bit more than usual with having a visitor so slightly anxious about tomorrow. Be good :eek: chips xx

Hi lostris xx chips here. Hope all is well with you. I get confused (easily done these days :rolleyes:) with posts. If you are kind enough and interested enough to be asking what work I do. The answer is "as little as possible" :D I retired a few years ago having worked for 40+ years. Hey Ho, weigh in day tomorrow. Although I have been good food wise, have probably eaten a bit more than usual with having a visitor so slightly anxious about tomorrow. Be good :eek: chips xx
Hi chips,
No problem I get confused a lottttt and I am not even past my thirties hihi. I laughed at your ,,as little as possible,, haha. Thats funny. How is retirement treating you? Do you have enough things to do, or is it boring? ;)
Good luck with your weigh in :)
xxx

Hi chezz :) and all Chipsters, slightly belated bank holiday best wishes, but have a good day. I have not been on computer much. Been playing Home & Gardens. By that I mean doing lots of pointing and giving instructions to friend who I think will be glad to escape tomorrow. Garden looking nice. So strange to have Tulips and Daffodils (Hi lostris who lives in the flower bulb centre of the Universe xx) flowering at same time. Seasons are all over the place with such late snow here in North Wales.
Hahah, chuckle. Yes we have those fields filled with colourful flowers, jealous??;) Sounds like you ha a nice time redoing your garden :)

x

How is retirement treating you? Do you have enough things to do, or is it boring? ;)
Good luck with your weigh in :)

Retirement is strange. You look forward to it, then when it comes, unless you have loads of plans, hobbies and friends (I have little of any of those) you can't help feel a bit worthless. I was a workaholic for 40+ years, so with work gone, there is little to fill my days. If I was in better health, with more confidence it would be different. Hoping both of those come with weightloss. Just had my first glass of wine for 5 weeks, sitting in the sun in the garden with my friend. Threw caution to the wind, imagined I was Scarlett O'Hara and thinking, Tomorrow is Another Day.... Oh No, Tomorrow is Another Day, WEIGH IN DAY. Help chips xx :eek:

Thanks Sooz :) 2lb off so 20lb in 5 weeks. I feel relief when I see my BMI decreasing and % loss increasing. Then the negative voice in my head chimes up "Too Little Too Late" Oh well, at least I live nice and close to the Crem :eek: It always figures in directions to my house ! chips xx

wow chips that is brilliant 2lbs well done glad you have got your garden done as i know you love sitting in your garden and its your haven watching the birds have a good day today chips xxx

Thanks chezz xx how sweet of you to remember me and my birdies. Very noisy as nest full of young starlings in the eaves. Mum and Dad work so hard from dawn 'til dusk feeding the noisy little blighters. Never used to like starlings, but they are lovely birds and on the red list with RSPB as endangered. Only downside is bird crap everywhere :eek: I keep telling myself it's lucky and the bird song well makes up for the mess. keep in touch. love chips xx

hi chips
that must be lovely to watch the family of birds and mum and dad feeding them and watching the little ones grow up ............yes the bird poo must be a pain but for you to watch this in your garden is so special and i thnk its lovely for you chips they chose you they know you have a heart of gold and will protect them from the bloody cats lol

Thanks chezz. What a lovely thing to say :eek:

I now need to talk about my exploding pineapple. It could only happen to me. A friend bought 2 packs of fresh prepared fruit from Sainsburys. I was grazing the open fridge at lunchtime and using my fingers to finish off the pack of Melon and Grape. I was looking forward to starting on the fresh Pineapple (packed in the Ghana for Sainsburys plc) when the blerdy unopened pack exploded !

Daisy the Dog shot behind the leather recliner, I nearly fell to the floor thinking Barmy Bert (he's a neighbour who sufferers with his irrritable bowel and is very irritable himself to be truthful) had taken a pot shot at a squirrel and hit my window. But, no it was the, at least up to that moment, seemingly inoffensive looking pack of Sainsburys Finest prepared pineapple going off like the controlled explosion of a small bomb. A very laid back James at Customer Services, implied no big deal, it happens often apparently, just a build up of gasses when the fruit starts to go off and ferments he reassured me. Of course, chips being chips had already scoffed a piece to see if it tasted funny (it did) and then a second piece, just to make sure. OK, I know you're thinking, horses and bolts and stable doors ... but I asked, "Can I still eat it?" "No No", he said, "Too late" I replied. Does anyone have a number for Claims Direct ? :( chips xx

Last edited:

I now need to talk about my exploding pineapple. It could only happen to me. A friend bought 2 packs of fresh prepared fruit from Sainsburys. I was grazing the open fridge at lunchtime and using my fingers to finish off the pack of Melon and Grape. I was looking forward to starting on the fresh Pineapple (packed in the Ghana for Sainsburys plc) when the blerdy unopened pack exploded !

Daisy the Dog shot behind the leather recliner, I nearly fell to the floor thinking Balmy Bert (he's a neighbour who sufferers with his irrritable bowel and is very irritable himself to be truthful) had taken a pot shot at a squirrel and hit my window. But, no it was the, at least up to that moment, seemingly inoffensive looking pack of Sainsburys Finest prepared pineapple going off like a controlled explosion of a small bomb. A very laid back James at Customer Services, implied no big deal, it happens often apparently, just a build up of gasses when the fruit starts to go off and ferments he reassured me. Of course, chips being chips had already scoffed a piece to see if it tasted funny (it did) and then a second piece, just to make sure. OK, I know you're thinking, horses and bolts and stable doors ... but I asked, "Can I still eat it?" "No No", he said, "Too late" I replied. Does anyone have a number for Claims Direct ? :( chips xx

OMG I'm giggling sooooo much hahaha!

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.''

Daisy the Dog shot behind the leather recliner, I nearly fell to the floor thinking Barmy Bert (he's a neighbour who sufferers with his irrritable bowel and is very irritable himself to be truthful) had taken a pot shot at a squirrel and hit my window. But, no it was the, at least up to that moment, seemingly inoffensive looking pack of Sainsburys Finest prepared pineapple going off like the controlled explosion of a small bomb. A very laid back James at Customer Services, implied no big deal, it happens often apparently, just a build up of gasses when the fruit starts to go off and ferments he reassured me. Of course, chips being chips had already scoffed a piece to see if it tasted funny (it did) and then a second piece, just to make sure. OK, I know you're thinking, horses and bolts and stable doors ... but I asked, "Can I still eat it?" "No No", he said, "Too late" I replied. Does anyone have a number for Claims Direct ? :( chips xx
Hahaha. These things only happen to you ;) You have the weirdest adventures :)
Why did you eat it, silly girl?!?! You could have exploded too :p

:8855::8855::8855:

That is CLASSIC, Chips :D And just imagine James saying "What's the problem?" "My pineapple has exploded..." :D

I'm sticking to tinned :)

By the way, fab news on the loss! WTG champ x

Hi Sooz and all, I like it when you're about :) Just had rolled oats with almond milk, sprinkle of coconut and tip of teaspoon of lovely no sugar jam. Lavley. Lunch is 4 Kallo rice cakes with small tin drained tuna mixed with bit of Dijon Mustard.

Something that is nice as a treat, if it fits into your plan is Nescafe, skinny cappuccino. I am not a fan of coffee, but love this. Use a level teaspooon of strong instant, half a sachet of Cappucinno (27 cal), mix with bit of almond milk and top up wth hot water, dust with tiny bit of choc dust. Hope you're having a good week. I've had a few wines/whines, of both varieties this week, so already apprehensive about Tuesday. Hey Ho. chips xx

oh chips your adventures are great lol lol

Normally Chirpy Chips is feeling a bit Down in the Dumps Chips today :( Have so many things I could be doing, but just have no go in me. Seeing my garden destroyed by strong winds and rain doesn't help. Fed a worm to my Robin, then spent half an hour feeling guilty :(Just shared a tin of salmon with Daisy the Dog. She is still licking her lips. Maybe I'll go play in the Arcade for a while. Gives me an excuse not to do any housework. Even the rats are throwing themselves on the traps in protest at the state of the place :rolleyes:Hope you're all having a good weekend. Be good. chips xx

It's the weather!!! It's pants and that makes us all grumpy. Chin up xxx

Yep the weather is pants - it's May and I've just had to turn the heating back on fgs! But big hugs anyway, sweetie xxx

Thanks for the Nescafe tip, that sounds nice. And thanks as well for recommending almond milk - I am loving it and drinking more of it now than soya! My fav - I heat a mug of almond milk up, add decaf and some Da Vinci sugar free syrup - I've got a few - egg nog is especially lush. I also make up some reduced fat cocoa, add almond cream and splosh in some raspberry syrup yum :D

Back