Chips With Everything is BACK !

Hi all Chipsters :) SUN IS OUT IN NORTH WALES, but it's still really cold !!!! Fire in my woodburner tonight I reckon :eek:

Just done a big online shop for delivery tomorrow. Prices are staggering really, especially of prawns, fish and fresh food in general. I refuse to buy Basics Fish Fingers and Crab Seafood Sticks which are reconstituted (should be regurgitated :rolleyes:) fish. How on earth are people, especially with children and teenagers coping. I shop then spend days worrying about what I've spent. Things in general just seem out of control. Wish I'd jumped ship years ago when I was able. Hey Ho. Now, I have depressed you all, DO NOT go rushing for the biscuit tin :eek: or cheese which is my comfort blanket. Be good chips xx

ohh chips i love cheese :hide: but dare not have it now or i would eat the block ohhh when im 18 stone 2lbs that's it coming to wales on a weekend trip and having cheese sandwich lololol
its lovely to see the sun out at last but wow its still cold at night like you said chips get the wood burner ready for later today have a great bank holiday monday i have been working today and im working tomorrow but oh well it pays the bills xxx
how are the bird family have any more come yet?? we had a robin in our garden yesterday

Hi chezz, yes loads of birdies, confused re house martins, saw I think about 12 dive bombing a sparrow hawk, but now back to my one solitary one. Springwatch starts tomorrow. I find it hard to watch, because often you get attached to a brood of chicks you have known since they were eggs, then some awful fate befalls them :cry:It is filmed in Wales this year at RSPB, I have asked them to appeal to cat owners to be responsible and keep hunter cats in at dawn and dusk and preferably overnight at this time of the year, and fit quick release collar and double bell their cats. The sodding thing next door is killing everything that moves. I am so on edge all the time, just not fair really. I'm spending loads of money trying to limit the damage their cat is doing. Hey Ho, just dreading when fledglings are being fed on the ground. I didn't get them through the snowy months just to see them become cat toys :confused: a rather, uncharacteristically gloomy chips xx

A Weigh Day tomorrow, wish it was an Away Day !!! Not sure how this week will go. Have been good, but picking more than usual, kiwi fruit, bananas, reduced fat creme frais, and lite horlicks and 2 ginger nuts each night. No alcohol which is getting easier. I always fancy a glass of wine or bubbly when the sun comes out, which fortunately here in North Wales is hardly ever ! Have a good Bank Holiday. chips xx

Hi all Chipsters :) SUN IS OUT IN NORTH WALES, but it's still really cold !!!! Fire in my woodburner tonight I reckon :eek:

Just done a big online shop for delivery tomorrow. Prices are staggering really, especially of prawns, fish and fresh food in general. I refuse to buy Basics Fish Fingers and Crab Seafood Sticks which are reconstituted (should be regurgitated :rolleyes:) fish. How on earth are people, especially with children and teenagers coping. I shop then spend days worrying about what I've spent. Things in general just seem out of control. Wish I'd jumped ship years ago when I was able. Hey Ho. Now, I have depressed you all, DO NOT go rushing for the biscuit tin :eek: or cheese which is my comfort blanket. Be good chips xx
Hi chips
Sun???? Are you sure you re not halucinating babe? It happens, from lack of sun etc, ;) Food delivery sounds lovely. I think we have that here as well, sounds so decadent hahah.
I as a Dutch person love cheese as well.. Dont give me any ideas or I wikl be blaming you hihiih!

good luck with the WI tomorrow!!! Xx

Back from our camping trip. Brilliant time. Would have been better if oh and number 1 had behaved but hey ho. Stopped at Conway on the way back and had pancakes at the Dutch pancake house at the water gardens. Soooooo scrummy. Defiantly a place to go again xxx

Hi lostris, chezz et al. chips here :) lost 2 lb, so mustn't grumble, thought I had lost my way a bit this week, so need to extra good now. Lostris, my shopping delivery is a necessity not a luxury :eek: as I am no longer mobile enough to get out and shop. Doesn't make life easy on the weight front as I can do little or no exercise. I joke about "chairobics" but do sit lifting 2 cans of peas to my shoulders - an improvement on 4 cans of beer to my lips I suppose !

A distant memory is being very active, 8-10 mile walks, aerobics, toning tables, softball etc. Time passes too quickly, so get on and strive for your goals today. Remember Chip's saying "A goal without a plan is just a wish" so get planning what you are going to allow yourself to eat today, tomorrow, this week etc etc. Be good. chips xx

Just had my new fridge / freezer delivered. Lovely. Have all my meals and treats carefully arranged and playing Eeenee, Meanee, Minee Mo trying to decide what to have tonight. Fresh salmon, beanburger, butternut squash risotto or a Quorn Peppered steak. Ermmmm :p
Be good all. chips xx

:character00238: I'm walkin' on sunshine, woh-oh
I'm walkin' on sunshine, woh-oh
I'm walkin' on sunshine, woh-oh
And don't it feel good?
Hey, yeah"

BREAKING NEWS .... SUN COMES OUT IN NORTH WALES ....... A & E overwhelmed with people needing treatment for shock and those thinking they are hallucinating ....

About time too. Only trouble is when the sun shines I do fancy a glass of cold bubbly. I need to be strong, maybe tomorrow as a treat :flirt2: be good all. chips xx

Feeling a bit apprehensive about Tuesday weigh in already and its only Sunday ! Yesterday, my brother who is very very tight ... called round with a bottle of white wine for me. Now, I don't really like white wine, come to think of it, I don't really like my brother, but I wasn't going to say "Get thee behind me Satan" and refuse it. Last night, it seemed to be calling my name from the fridge .... so just because it was there I had a few spritzers. I also ate 2 spinach and mushroom burgers without reading the Nutritional info, presuming they would be positively saintly. :innocent0002: They weren't. So several lessons learned. It is still a very new emotion and I still find it strange that I feel angry with myself for a small lapse when 8 weeks ago my eating and drinking was out of control. The only time I wasn't feeding my face was when I was sleeping. :zz: Hey Ho. Be good all. chips xx

Hello

Decided to post here in response to our little exchange on another thread ( just in case anyone thinks who the green HELL is this?!' )

You mentioned your daily diet looking someone like this ...

Breakfast - toast

Lunch - sandwich

Dinner - pasta

Snack - rice cakes

A diet such as the above is just one day long carb fest; throw in a 'healthy' banana and maybe some Ryvita and seriously .. You will NOT drop weight. Add in a cereal bar etc etc and its not rocket science to work out why the weight is coming off at 2lbs a week. It stands to reason- the bigger you are, the bigger the drops in weight.. Nobody over about 17 stone should be seeing 1 or 2lbs a week coming off - between 4 and 6 would be happening IF you we're eating the right diet.

I've tried them all incidentally over many years so I speak with some ( totally pseudo ) knowledge and experience. I finally made it to my goal weight of 9 stone 4 and size 8 last September and I've maintained ever since, give or take a lb either way. I've lost over 6 stone in total. I fannied about for 7 years tryintonlose this weight. When it finally dawned on me HOW to do it, I was job done within months - seriously.

Dr John Briffa ' escape the diet trap ' is the way forward. I read this book and thought OF COURSE! It's not the fat in your diet it's the sugar. And carbs are sugar- yes, even that healthy wholesale bread and whole wheat pasta.

I am a carb addict by the way so it's been no stroll in the park for me. What I do now is just have one day off a week - and sadly that isn't a 24 hour binge fest of cake. I have one nice meal ( macaroni cheese maybe or pizza ) with a glass of wine or two and a big fat pudding. The rest of the time .... I'm fairly strict and disciplined . It was a depressing day for me, the day I realised that I would always have to be careful. I'm also a binge eater - so I understand all too well the urge to eat 6 bags of wotsits and an entire trifle.

If you want to drop half a stone in a week THIS WEEK it is entirely possible you know. But it does take determination and discipline. Pink and fluffy is all very well but it doesn't get the job done does it? I saw my weig loss journey as one of some deprivation I'm afraid . I didn't get to 15 stone by depriving myself so I wasn't going to lose 6 stone by still generously allowing myself ' days off ' and ' that big Chinese because I was a bit down and hey I deserve it ' or those MInstrels but " I'll be so so good tomorrow ' ... You start a diet and I truly believe that that stuff HAS to go on the back burner otherwise how the hell are you going to do t by still rewarding yourself with food?

I'm rambling now. I can give you some sample menus to start you off it you like - just shout ; )

getagrip im sorry if i offend you with my response but your post is somewhat preach like and contradictory. you say that you must cut out all refind carbs or you will not drop weight but also say losing 2lb a week is not a weight loss. i disagree regardless of how slow or fast you lose the weight you will get there. its not a race it might have been for you but not everyone. not everyobe is a saint and sometimes life is not rainbows and fairytails and we do have slip ups but hey we are human. like all people we are allowed to live but we just make sure we keeps chipping away at the numbers.

everyones approach at losing weight is their own and i dont believe that your offering positive advice but preaching that were doing it wrong. i dont want to start an argument on your diary chips but needed to say sonething.

chips your doing fab from one welshy to anotther dai iawn cariad.

sarah xx

Your opinion is as valid as mine of course : ) and no, you won't offend me.

Good luck with your weight loss. I sincerely hope that those 2lbs a week stack up and become a huge weight loss for you. But if by any chance it doesn't work out that way there are always other options to explore. As detailed above .

I know this forum doesn't appreciate straight talking and prefers a lighter pink and fluffy approach. ( probably why I go down like a lead balloon! ; ) ) but trust me on one thing ... To lose weight effectively is to cut out the sugar and yes, it involves depricatiin - preaching or not, that's a fact. Hard though it may be to accept

And while I'm on a roll - I'm not preachy at all. I just have a straight delivery and don't do much ' Hun - ing ' or 'lol ' ing so therefore am unable to lessen the impact of my words. You shouldn't be so offended. Check out that book I recommend - its decent.

Really am going now !

Chips - sorry to cause a small spat on your thread : ) hopefully you'll be able to deal with it woman fully - I'm sure you will.

Cheerio!

Ok so I've read the last few posts and have to say I'm intrigued by gretagrips ideas.

Sarahsmum. Your right it's not a race and we will get there when we get there but gretagrips idea is actually well established. Anyone who's been to an OA meeting will agree. My gp even told me that carbs are the root of some people's problems.

I thinks it's far to say that an alternative view should be welcome with open arms to be discussed and debated in a kind and open manner. I would like to see gretagrips menus and see for myself how this could work or be adapted

im not saying that your opinion isnt valid nor some friendly advice welcomed. as babycakes just said advice and healthy debates are welcomed its just the tone in what you wrote, write are or maybe sugesting was quiet derogatory. im always open to furthering knowledge and changing my ways so will look into the carbs/sugar. hypothesis.

sarah xx

Back