Chocolate Pudding

i love this pudding, today i made it as normal but once made i folded in 2 whisked till stiff egg whites so its a mousse it tastes devine and has a lovely light texture.

Ooooo I'm trying this tomorrow!! Xx

There was an old thread about this somewhere. I made this at the beginning of Jan 2011 and took the recipe into group. We all raved over it, but my consultant had a think and texted all of us (I know must have cost a bomb) to say that it would be quite heavily synned because you blend the tofu!! Oh no!!! I rang slimming world syns hotline and was told the same thing, because you are blending the tofu it would then be classed as "food abuse" No I dont understand it either, if I had a small block and made 3 puds and had one a day, would that not be the same as eating a third of a block of tofu??? But that is what they said. Sorry just thought I would mention this.:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Oh man! Never mind ey! X

Hiya, just read through the thread, can't understand why you would have to syn the tofu. Think I'll pop some tofu on my next shopping list, I hate soya milk so hoping this isn't the same lol!

Just made this with coconut options, tastes delish :) I'm not pointing the tofu, I am eating this as part of a meal so can't see the difference between eating it like this or using it as an ingredient in a savoury dish, it makes no sense to syn it. If I was snacking on it then that would be different and I would syn it.

Tried this and I have to say it wasn't for me! It had a slightly strange aftertaste, perhaps because i've never tasted tofu before?

I made this tonight with about 3/4 cup of sweetener, 6 level tbsps cocoa and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Ohmigod. I wiped the mixing bowl clean with a strawberry. HEAVEN. I got two generous nutella glass portions out of it and topped them with 1 syns worth of Anchor Light squirty cream (12.5g).

This is my new favourite thing, ever. I think I'm going to use it as a dip for fruit in future, just to manage the portions better.

I never syn the tofo, i havent had this for a while but when i phoned the syns hotline i was told the tofo was fine as long as i wasnt eatting the whole pack in 1 day etc. Gonna have a go at it with the egg white in and see what its like :D

Will need to make this soon!

I made a variation on this today, a pack of silken tofu and a tbsp of almond essence whizzed up till smooth, then some chopped cherries stirred through. I poured it over some frozen cherries in a pudding bowl and left to set in the fridge.

Cherry bakewell pudding :)

I really want to try this but I haven't found silken tofu anywhere :(

It's also in asda, think it was down the same isle that has the oriental foods but not def sure. It was def in that area though

Is it kept in the fridge or on the shelf? Sorry, I am a meat eater. No knowledge of tofu......thanks

On the shelf, normally with either the 'world foods' or 'free from' foods. It's in a UHT type pack like milk.

I live near a massive tesco, asda and sainsburys and none of them have it! Grr

Back