Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

Good luck! (If you find some goji berries, you could try making your own Dukan fruit cake ;))

The walk with my brother today was around 5 miles and I enjoyed every minute. I remembered I'd bought tofu the other day so marinated it in cumin, paprika, black pepper etc with a dash of lemon juice. I dry fried it first though then tonight I simmered it in yoghurt and more spices with a stock cube. Anyway ....... just wanted to say I didnt like it one bit. Tasteless sponge - ugh wont be getting it again!!!

The walk with my brother today was around 5 miles and I enjoyed every minute. I remembered I'd bought tofu the other day so marinated it in cumin, paprika, black pepper etc with a dash of lemon juice. I dry fried it first though then tonight I simmered it in yoghurt and more spices with a stock cube. Anyway ....... just wanted to say I didnt like it one bit. Tasteless sponge - ugh wont be getting it again!!!

:D That's exactly how I feel about tofu! I know it is meant to absorb all other flavours but it just tastes like polystyrene to me.

Not that I often eat polystyrene. Besides I don't know how many carbs are in it :p

Sunday 21/8 PV
Stepped on the scales as soon as I got up and .............. -2
I am very pleased with myself to be honest, so 12 lbs in 4.4 weeks it is the most weight I have ever lost in such a short time. It would have been double the time with SW & WW so you become disheartened even though you have been 100%. I used to sit there listening to people that had drunk gallons of alcohol, been to the chippy, chinese etc etc etc and me I had done everything right and STS. Oh well all that has gone now no more slimming clubs for me. This is the only help I need, me & the lovely people here. I would like to say a very big 'THANK YOU'.
(So pleased at losing 12 lbs what am I going to be like in December) x

Last edited:
So so pleased for you!! That's a fabulous amount :D at the rate weeks are zooming by, you'll be at target in no time :)

I feel exactly the same re the clubs, I would get so disheartened after trying hard and losing nothing whereas this is giving us a fantastic loss and we have an actual date to aim for. Love it.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Well done Chris!
I feel exactly the same about slimming clubs. I went to WW before Dukan for 6 months and only lost 18lbs in all that time despite being 100% committed to the plan. I'm convinced they are purposely created to achieve smaller weightlosses so that it takes members longer to achieve their goals therefore increasing the revenue for the company. The only slimming club i would ever go to now would be a dukan one if there was ever such a thing:)

Monday 22/8 PP
2 weeks to go before Im back at work. Still looking for a little holiday before its back to the grindstone. My OH is now off for 2 weeks so we will see what we can get that we can afford - probably not alot so expensive. Just got back from Tesco with my dukan provisions. When I was driving there I suddenly realised I no longer think about food or crave stuff that I knew would make me fat. What has happened to me? If I can be this strong whilst im twiddle my thumbs at home im 100% sure I can do it when im busy back at work. I will have to stock the floristry chiller so ive always got food/drinks I can lay my hands on. I'm looking forward to being back at work - loved being off but time to get back to reality :)

It's lovely to read how happy and motivated you sound, Chris.

It's true that being busier weekdays does help our cause BUT the downside of that is being more tired and busy to plan, precook etc., so I hope you're filling your freezer to help yourself out!

As for slimming clubs, I used to enjoy going! I never followed their programme to the letter, preferring "my own", but did like having the "weigh in" carrot to keep me on the straight and narrow. We would also all have such a laugh during the meetings (wearing light clothes and removing jewellry after "bad weeks" and often going to the chippy on the way HOME from weigh in knowing we had a week to get rid of any increase!). I have fond memories of those times!

A Dukan club... that would be amusing... all these ketogenically euphoric people in the same room!!

Gosh how I envy you all... (being in ketosis, I mean!)

Yes Joanne I too have some happy memories but from a few years ago. Ive already planned on paper what sort of lunches I can have so I can be prepared. I've thought of posting on here to see what other people have while they are at work. I work 3.5 days so the time I have off I can plan. Only 6 weeks to work then I shall be off for half term anyway :)

There's a thread on the main page running re lunches at the moment...

Wed 24/8 PP
Just helped my handsome son to get stuff ready for Leeds Fest - its like watching a Laurel & Hardy movie trying to get all their stuff into a polo and then get 4 big strapping lads in too - my son is 6'3. Hilarious!
Dukan going strong feel like ive lost a bit more from sunday weigh in but dont want to get on the scales until Sunday. Think I'll put my SW cookery books on ebay should get some cash I could buy a fillet steak!

Out yesterday and im out again today - making most of the time I have off before the start of a hectic term. Ive just said to Mr R I'm not buying any new clothes or shoes because im 'shrinking' - lol. I have loads of stuff in various sizes so I should be OK until December. Wonder what size I will be at Christmas?
Have a good dukan day everyone x

Isn't it exciting!!! One thing is for sure, it'll be a much smaller number by December! I keep fantasising about all the lovely outfits I'll be able to buy, gorgeous dresses for Christmas parties etc. I'm no sure the shops will be ready for us..... ;)

I'm no sure the shops will be ready for us..... ;)

No Couteaux defo not - I dont think the lovely Mr R will be too - leather boots, new jackets, jeans (not worn jeans in years too uncomfortable) he says I have a fetish for bags .............. AND! will have to purchase a few more to go with my new outfits

:wee::wee:(both of us shopping)

Your diary is great - lovely to read how positive you are and how well you are doing. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!!

Don't know if you are like me but I always absolutely HATED clothes shopping as I knew before I went that everything would look awful on me.

Now I can't wait to go try on some new clothes! Got a ball to attend next week so am going to buy a glam frock for it. Exciting!

Your diary is great
Ah Thank you wheest - the diary will be good to read back in the next few months. Yes I am very motivated whats a few months compared YEARS of never getting to a target with other diet plans. I still cant get my head around how ive taken to Dr D's plan!

Don't know if you are like me but I always absolutely HATED clothes shopping as I knew before I went that everything would look awful on me. Now I can't wait to go try on some new clothes! Got a ball to attend next week so am going to buy a glam frock for it. Exciting!

Yes, exactly the same still hate clothes shopping no way will I try on in a shop i get all hot & bothered - one Christmas I burst into tears because I just looked a mess. Nobodys fault but my own!

Exciting times for you :)
I dont know who's more excited me or my daughter! I can't let myself down or my daughter she is talking of us going away for the weekend to shop, shop and more shop ;) LOL x

I dont know who's more excited me or my daughter! I can't let myself down or my daughter she is talking of us going away for the weekend to shop, shop and more shop ;) LOL x

Now there is clothes shopping, and there is Clothes Shopping!

I clothes shop - an hour at the most, spent in a maximum of 3 stores.

My eldest daughter Clothes Shops - she can spend literally ALL day, and will visit every clothes shops at least twice. :eek:

My advice - wear your comfy shoes!

Yes my girl is exactly the same, usually when she's got what she wanted she is ready for home then! At the moment Id rather look at stuff for the house but that is going to change soon ...............

Friday - 26/8 PP
I have been up since 5.30 a.m. wide awake. My son is at Leeds Fest and I know he will be having a brilliant time but ........... I havent had a text and he is usually very good at just letting me know he is fine. He has probably switched his phone off to save battery life and then forgot because he is have such a good time.
But I still worry though ........ hope he will text today.

Plan for the day (if i can keep my eyes open)
Breakfast muffins baking, so a good breakfast. Might just have bacon and egg too. Long walk along canal while its not actually raining. Lunch may be some grilled salmon :) Going to Cheshire Oaks this afternoon looking for some bargains (ha...... never that lucky) then with Mr R its a meal out probably steak depends on the menu. Might have to go around looking for the best Dukan friendly menu!

A good day everyone ................ :)

Hi Chris

I'm sure your son will be fine and having the time of his life. I was in Leeds yesterday and there were lots of happy, good humoured teens with enormous backpacks and wellies heading for the festival. I'll bet they have a great time.

When I left home for uni at 18 I didn't think to phone my mum for weeks, not realising she was worried about me. It never entered my head. It's all part of growing up and moving on, as hard as that can be for parents as I'm beginning to discover myself.

By the way, I meant to say to you how much I enjoyed Aix. I've always wanted to visit partly because the singer Nick Drake lived there for a time in the 60s and wrote some of his earliest songs there. It was inspiring.

Mark

Back