Cruise PV CHRISR RETURNED IN 2013

Great to read all your updates, Chris. The garden sounds like a lovely project. And good luck to your daughter for her driving test - she's on a roll at the moment! You need to give me some tips on how to remain close to your grown-up children, or maybe it will get easier again once we're over the teenage hump!

And Dukan-ing too! I'm really pleased for you, now keep it up xxx

Thanks Sara, it certainly hasn't been easy but bringing children up isn't, is it? Teenage years are definitely the hardest. I don't know how I've done it but I have two lovely kind & caring adult children who I must say do sometimes aggravate the living daylights out of me :D I am close to my Son too but will that stay the same once he meets someone and settles down I do hope so. Cannot imagine my life without either of them close. I will find it hard once they've fled the nest properly ........ so hard you want to let go but ............

Just keep at it and it'll come good.

Last edited:
My two sons are still very close to me, but it is hard not to be the number 1 lady in their lives. Its never been said but I know ( as it should be) that the little ladies are there one and only, but my position as a mother is always there and cannot be taken. My mam always said 'if you treat them right they will keep coming back, and the family that play together stay together'. And you know what..............she was right xxx :)

So three PP's under my belt with NO slip ups, will see if I can keep going for at least two more ...... was dreading only protein but its been OK. Think I'll have a fish day tomorrow for a change. I'm going into my daughter's new place of work tomorrow morning to help her set up new files etc. then I'm back home to shift a load of concrete flags from the front to the back garden. Exciting day in store - NOT. The fencing is complete now and 3 trips to the tip today with stone, old flags etc slowly but surely the job is getting done. My MrR when he does a job it must be done properly and that's why it takes ages to get finished.
Hope everyone has had a good weekend :)

My gorgeous girl passed her driving test this morning ............. so very happy for her. I've been thinking that its great & less pressure off me to get her to places but perhaps feeling redundant a bit too, mixed emotions.

So not had much to eat this morning with all the excitement except for 2 muffins and been for my haircut so I'm about to eat a whole chicken minus the bones and skin of course LOL. Roast salmon for later and for pud muffin & yoghurt.

My house is a tip so better get on with it ........

oh & champagne tonight (The Roberts Family tipple to celebrate our children's achievements) :D There has been a few recently!

A few Chris lol with your talented family your buying it buy the case lately xxx great news on Rebecca's driving xxx good news your sticking with Dukan

Thanks Sid :)

So tomorrow is veg time and I've coped remarkably well considering I was dreading having PPs. Ive rooted out some rhubarb out the freezer :)

Think Ive lost around 4 lbs so not bad at all.

I'm drinking my champagne (just love the stuff) and I'm not really a drinker. I could be tea total except for bubbly. Was supposed to be going out tomorrow but change of plan so don't know what I'll end up doing.

oh forgot Ive had muffins, yoghurt, roast chicken & roast salmon today, don't feel hungry at all had to force salmon down so I could have some champers :)

Isn't it a lovely feeling being full, not deprived, and "in control". I wish we could package it and save it for those moments when... x

Didn't eat the whole chicken, was going to eat it hot but didn't. MrR has got some for his lunch today. I think I'm going to eat more fish if I can afford the stuff. Went to our local co-op last night and ended up with two bags of shopping. Quiches, chicken in breadcrumbs (son loves on fajitas), sausage (son loves on a barmcake) etc for 30p each. Nothing at all for me but plenty in the freezer for these hungry hippos.
Today I'm going to sort my car park pass for September and see one of my colleagues ( who's been on holiday for 3 weeks) and give him some sad news about the death of one of his young students who lived in the same village as me. He thought a lot about this young talented florist.

muffins, rhubarb, yoghurt, baked eggs in toms & peppers, chilli

:)

Hot chicken is lovely... straight off the bone. A la Reena!

Just catching up on a few diaries Chris, glad to see you are doing ok x

Think this dukan lark is working I think

Today has been extra busy, no 1 Son missing trains so had to pick him up so he wouldn't be late for work, Ive not stopped all day. Had muffins, beef and tonight cottage pie with mushrooms in and carrot and turnip top. Had trouble eating it as I didn't feel hungry at all. Fingers crossed it continues. Didn't have time for baked eggs so that treat will be on Thursday. PP tomorrow

Another busy day helping no 1 child and then having to drive to Chester Services to collect a machine that will compact the soil under the flags. Back home and took an hour and quarter which would normally take 40 minutes because of rush hour. Tomorrow I actually have a day at home to do some jobs ......... well fingers crossed.
Another PP today looking forward to rhubarb tomorrow oh and my baked eggs in tomatoes.

PP today: muffins, roast beef, roast salmon, egg, spicy chicken, yoghurt.
PV tomorrow: muffins, rhubarb & yoghurt, baked eggs in toms & peppers, beef stew with onions, carrots & mushrooms

OMG i live right by Chester services lol, oooh so close!!

Nice to see you back on track hun x

OMG i live right by Chester services lol, oooh so close!!

Nice to see you back on track hun x

I did think of you Collette when I was sat having a cup of Tea. MrR works not far from Chester so I was meeting him with a colleague of his that lives 2 mins from the services who had this plate compactor. We've borrowed it for as long as the job takes so saves us money rather than having to hire one. Not a bad services.

x

A day wasted trying to organise a repair to my fridge/freezer which believe it not has been going on since last November. If you are on FB have a look at my comments on Indesit to get the gist of the saga. Talk about frustration on my part, companies couldn't care less could they. And extended warranty insurance isn't worth the paper its written on. Domestic & General haven't been able to solve the problem so all they want to do is take the money and run.

Anyway had a boring day and tbh at the moment wound up like a cork screw!!! People are so rude, it's very very rare I'm the same back but today has tried my patience big style!!!

Back