Cruise PV CHRISR RETURNED IN 2013

im home - totally cream crackered it took 2 hours to get out of London and another 6.5 to get home. Yesterday weather dreadful but wed, thurs it was fine. No major traumas other than parents of a young man with learning difficulties couldnt be arsed collecting him last night! also some irritating moaning minnies (not students) was in the group too.

All in all though a good trip, good to see Buck Palace, lovely lunch in St James Park too.

Chelsea..... not that impressed tbh weather did spoil it but it is tiny, must have walked round it 6 times. Think ive been spoiled with Holland.

Sara and Amy I so admire you living in London. How you cope with the traffic, people, prices I honestly could not cope but I am from a tiny nothing happens village :)

Last edited:
It wouldn't do for everyone to be the same would it Sara or we would all be fighting for the same spot.

In my village the nosy parker's might think they know everything but in actual fact they know absolutely nothing!

Welcome home Mrs R - you are just like me I absolutely love London but I am always glad to get back home to my quiet little country retreat where it's beautiful and tranquil and special to me! I totally understand why some people love the bustle and excitement and anonymity of a big city too!
Sounds like a lovely trip overall though Chris and there are always a few people stirring the pot in a group!!!! I hope you get to enjoy a lovely rest now and recharge your batteries..... Shame about the weather on Friday but honestly never know where it's going atm - one minute boiling sun and the next hail stones!!! LOL!

Phew what a long journey, bet you couldn't wait to get home and have a cuppa.

I guess it doesn't matter where we live there will always be the nosey parkers and the keep it to yourself people. LOL, its what we are used to isn't it. We have a neighbour that we talk to all the time, and on the other side its small talk if we meet on the path or take a parcel in LOL.

Yes I was so glad to be home and couldn't wait to get in bed. Up with the singing birds this morning, I do wish my internal clock would switch itself off when I'm not working. I've felt rotten today just because I'm so tired. Feet, legs and ankles aching like mad with all the walking of the past few days. Didn't do Dukan but on the other hand didn't go mad either,
difficult to do the diet, every restaurant we went in didnt really have anything friendly especially Chelsea queuing for a meal was a nightmare but nothing to stop me now from this week, its 110% dukan and I intend to get some walking done while I'm off. Two days I have lunch dates ;) but that should be OK. I'm determined to do some craft stuff too. Only two Mondays to work and two Tuesdays and then I'm done until September. Going to read a few diaries and then the dishwasher and then BED - :)

not had a good dukan weekend again. seriously thinking its now not for me and like any other diet it messes with your head. I know, I know, my head was messed up to start with. Sick of fighting this battle but there is no alternative but to fight is there?

I know what you mean, Chris. But what would you do? I've also pondered the alternatives but I can't bear the thought of counting calories and VLCD is not something I'll ever do again. Of course, I'm not properly dukaning at the moment, doing pv every day more or less and exercising. Can't say if it'll work for weight loss but I do feel better for not stuffing myself with carbs :) So yes, you're right - no option but to fight on!

Yes your right CG as always....... I worked with a lovely old gentleman and he used to say 'Eeee mi lass keep goin with thee yed down' so that's what I will do. Might try a few days of PV to try and sort my yed out! X

I'm with you Chris! Finding it hard at the mo, struggling along and falling off the wagon most days.

A friend has been telling me about the 21 day sugar detox, so I am starting that with her on Monday. It's low carb too but plenty of veg. I think the word 'detox' is a bit strong, it's basically just getting all refined food out of your system.

I think I just need something fresh and new to get my head focused again.

Not suggesting you should do it, just letting you know I know how you feel, am desperate to get this weight off, but somehow those treats keep shouting over my sensible voice! Xx

Keep on trying, Chris xxx

Amy its so hard I need to sort myself out soon :( Im going food shopping now and Im determined not to buy rubbish.
I think my main problem is boredom and tiredness. Not sleeping very well, hot flushes are like a volcano erupting in my head. So no excuses but not helping. Plus we are all like ships in the night here and Im missing my babies. Nobody has time on their hands except me!

Well Ive spent a fortune and nothing on rubbish so that's good.

Roast chicken and veg for tonight & yoghurt :) and I think I have an afternoon with my daughter tomorrow, Rafa will just have to wait - LOL

Back