Cruise PV CHRISR RETURNED IN 2013

Come on Chris I know your very busy, but we need an update good ....bad.....or indifferent!

Come on Chris I know your very busy, but we need an update good ....bad.....or indifferent!

Sorry Sid,
Can't remember last week it went that quick. New students OK, some with 'KING SIZE' issues and some with tiny ones. Not many without though! Students seem to gravitate to us perhaps they know we will nurture and look after them.

The first phase of my garden DIY is 99% complete and is looking fab.

Diet wise not good cant seem to get myself organised, still have a problem with my car so its being able to shop when I can (no shops where I live) anyway its a new week so I plan to make some muffins now. Still have my doubts Dukan is right for me at this time but what else is there. I am so sorry MM friends I'm like a record stuck. I need to do something for my sanity and my purse as nothing fits me for winter. I haven't the time to be worrying about ME - If I could kick myself I would.

On a lighter note my gorgeous girl has got through her first proper working week she now knows all her students so hopefully things will get better for her and she won't be worrying the same either :) Education ha its not easy so why do we love it!

I second the recommendation to try SW if Dukan doesn't feel right ATM or do the My Fitness Pal thing - it will also help you keep control. Just don't go bonkers like me :)

Hi Chris, lovely to catch up on your diary - sorry for going a bit AWOL....

You've had some tough times, what with your feet and being ill and your work sounds full on. It must be exhausting to take on such a nurturing role with all those students but it's great hearing how much you love it. They are lucky to have you.

I've been reading a few diaries now and so far, everyone seems to have had similar issues with regaining weight, struggling to get back into the Dukan way, looking at other options, overeating...all that sort of thing. I wish we could get to the bottom of what it is that goes on in our minds that allows us to overeat, given we feel so awful when we do. Loved the comment your son made about it - so true, so simple....and yet so tricky to deal with. I've been reading loads about NLP and things to do to retrain the brain - I do think the answer is in there somewhere but haven't managed to consistently put it into practice. We will though - I reckon getting things back under control with Dukan is an excellent idea anyway as it's a sensible way of eating really. Then we can work on our crazy brains and get them to play ball!

Anyway, it's brilliant that you're back on it now and posting regularly and as the others have said, don't ever forget how far you have come since you first started Dukan. It's just wonderful that you have the support of your family - I'd say you're lucky but clearly it's not luck. You've done a brilliant job of bringing up your kids and this is your reward.

Big hugs and positive energy from me!

Joodle xxx

Lovely to read your post Joodle and lovely to see you again on the forum. I went AWOL too not one of my most brilliant of ideas!

Totally agree I wish I could get inside my head and understand why I self sabotage. Honestly I cannot think why!

Just got to keep trying surely that's better than the alternative.

X :)

We just have to keep plugging away until we have new habits that can't be broken. Yes, it's tough to create them but even tougher to break them once they're formed so let's not give up, it's totally worth the effort!!!

Jxx

Well, he did it! Rafa I mean. Awe-inspiring xx

Sara I know, I am slightly obsessed but by the eck what a sportsman - fabulous achievement with the injury he has. Fingers crossed he will be No 1 at the end of the tennis year. More time tonight to watch highlights and whatever else I can find online :)

Tour of Britain cycling starts soon and its live on ITV 4 shame I'm in work. My other hero is riding for Sky.

had a good dukan day yesterday, didn't eat enough but that was to do with lack of time but things are on the up or down should we say ;)

Well done for a good Dukan day yesterday - as you know I have been battling diet wise too so have changed over to Slimming World to see if that helps as it has to be better than binging - was nice to have the option of fruit when I was short on time the other day - still have to cook up a storm and be organised but there is leeway - might be a slow loss but better than gaining pounds week in week out for me! Hope new students are settling in and you are getting back into routine x

Well done for a good Dukan day yesterday - as you know I have been battling diet wise too so have changed over to Slimming World to see if that helps as it has to be better than binging - was nice to have the option of fruit when I was short on time the other day - still have to cook up a storm and be organised but there is leeway - might be a slow loss but better than gaining pounds week in week out for me! Hope new students are settling in and you are getting back into routine x

been thinking along the same lines T, all my colleague friends are currently doing SW and talking about having a fruit bowl. Thinking will I put weight on rather than lose if I go over to the dark side. How have you found it? Great to see a post from you too my 'old timer' MM friend XXX

my dils are doing fantastic on sw, Ive just tried the chickpea dhal delicious and Weetabix muffins mmmm

Not sure how the weight loss will be to be honest Chris but even if it is 1/2 lb week I will be happy - just sick of gaining and feeling rubbish and binging!!! Loving it three days in but quite a novelty being able to put together meals with pasta, rice, potato!!! Not had them properly for nearly two years!!! LOL! And the fruit - amazing!!! Trying not to eat large quantities and listen to my body when it is full!! Sooooo the battle continues but hey ho!!!! On we go!!! Hope you have had a good day lovely lady! xxxx

It's funny how many of us old timers are turning to other solutions at the moment (or is it...?). I can't do SW because I sneer at too many of the concepts which contradict Dukan, but stealing ideas from both, with a bit of common sense thrown in (and some MFP...) works.

Mind you, after a week's being good, and you see a gain on the scales, it can be tough!!

Chris - we've decided that we're definitely coming over next July. On the 7th, we'll attend the Cambridge to London stage... being near Cambridge as we have family ties. So we'll be keeping an eye out to figure out where best to go to actually see something! :)

Have a great day Mrs R!!!! Dukan or otherwise! xxx

Chris - we've decided that we're definitely coming over next July. On the 7th, we'll attend the Cambridge to London stage... being near Cambridge as we have family ties. So we'll be keeping an eye out to figure out where best to go to actually see something! :)

Sounding fab Jo - hoping we can get to either Harrogate or Skipton but if I'm honest I want to see the end stage in Paris or probably just experience the atmosphere. A friend of mine went this year and loved every minute and now a big TdF fan. A plan for when we no longer earn a living is to spend the summer in France going from stage to stage. My daughter was very inconsiderate ending her french relationship we could have had a permanent base to travel from ;) I would have gone to Kendal to watch the Tour of Britain 2nd stage but of course its a working day for me ;(

Have a great day Mrs R!!!! Dukan or otherwise! xxx

Thank you T, and the same for your weekend although I know you will be very horse busy. I've loads of jobs to do here but s*d it. I'm going shopping with my girl with her first wage! Lunch and coffee too :) The housework can wait.

Leaving MrR and my lovely brother to finish the garden 1st phase makeover.

Oh sounds like a very grand plan Mrs R..... Hope you had a lovely day.... We are just back from the horse show and it only rained right at the very end so happy days I say - we got Reserve Champion which will pay for the fuel!!!! LOL! Hope your feeling Dukan strong - I struggled slightly at the show today and nearly ate all the doughnuts but managed to stop myself and stick to some chicken and salad instead!!! Off to make a cottage pie with potato swede and carrot topping!!! YUMMY!!!! Bet the garden is looking fab! x

Back