Christmas - Are you staying on the SW plan or allowing yourself a couple of days off?

I don't drink either- I'd much rather have a cup of tea!

I do like to have a drink but try and be relatively sensible and opt for lower syn if I'm feeling 'good'.
I think over Xmas although I won't stick rigidly to plan (will be at OH's parents and then mine so little control) I desperately don't want to feel terribly bloated and stuffed. So I'm going to stock up on superfree, have a treat but not over indulge or eat for the sake of it.
What a difference a year makes, I was struggling into more than half my clothes this time last year, I'm spoilt for choice now..

I will have a couple of wine and sodas on social occasions but as a general rule I don't drink. I won't drink wine when out for a meal and I don't drink in the house in the evenings like some people do. It just doesn't appeal to me! And it's not just since starting slimming world either ive always been that way but since being on slimming world, I wouldn't choose to use syns on alcohol,

I will aim to stay on the plan. I don't want to lose my way and end up eating too much of the wrong things and I work best when I am strict with myself :D

I am just giving myself Christmas day off where anything goes. I did this before and without realising that i was making good choices without feeling that i am missing out on things and lost weight that week.

I hope to do SW as much as I can over the festive period, and avoid all the additional chocolates, crisps etc on offer...Having beef Christmas day, and I can tell you now the roasties will not be SW friendly!!

Last Christmas I'd been on SW for 5mths and I'd decided to give myself permission to have a few days off (when we had company/were at other people's/out) and to be on plan in between and back on it proper by new years day. However, although I didn't go mad and only had a couple of chocolates each day, the richness of the food (and a few bits of white crusty bread...love it but it doesn't love me) seemed not to agree with me. I had upset tummy, felt bloated and just ukky. After a couple of days, I couldn't wait to be back on plan properly. Don't get me wrong, I love the taste of mince pies and xmas pud and I will again this year allow myself a tiny amount of these treats (and enjoy them) but I'm planning on keeping a tight rein on what eat... Or if I fail to control it, I'm hoping my body reacts the same as last year and stops me from going berserk! Last year I put on 2lbs (and lost it the following week)..which I'll be happy with this year. As I'm not too far from target, I know how hard-earned each pound is at the pointy end of my journey!

I'm back on SW after 3 months off due to ill health etc. I have already decided to give myself 2 days off (25/26 Dec) one week and the same the week after (31/1) otherwise I'll kick myself if I ruin the whole week by saying I'll be good when I honestly know I won't be-my biggest downfall is Christmas cake so I'll not buy myself one this year then I can't scoff the lot on my own x

I'm the only one who likes Christmas cake (and Christmas pudding) in my house too Annette, so I just don't buy/make them any more - my whole shopping these days is done on the basis of 'if it isn't in the house I can't eat it'. Mind you, as a strategy it does work :D xx

I'm with you on that one-but I don't know how the lads will feel getting Alpen bars in their stockings instead of Galaxy Caramel!! Ah well, more for me eh?? ;-> x

I'm with you on that one-but I don't know how the lads will feel getting Alpen bars in their stockings instead of Galaxy Caramel!! Ah well, more for me eh?? ;-> x

Last Christmas my younger daughter was on SW as well as me (it was her who pressured me into going in the first place), and she actually did get Hifi bars in her stocking instead of sweets LOL (individually wrapped in Christmas paper too ;) )

Last Christmas my younger daughter was on SW as well as me (it was her who pressured me into going in the first place), and she actually did get Hifi bars in her stocking instead of sweets LOL (individually wrapped in Christmas paper too ;) )

Haha, I might have to try that one-rocky roads all round I think x

I admire anyone who manages to stay on plan over Christmas, I never do even if I plan to. I go to my parents for the holidays, my mum cooks for 14 people and can't fit special Sw roasties in the oven, so it's a normal Christmas dinner. Tbh though that's not the bit that does the damage, it's the mindset for me. If I'm not eating Sw foods I can eat anything inside my head, so go crazy on chocolate and rubbish. I'm really hoping to hit target just before Christmas so don't want to wreck it with one holiday!
I do to I know I couldn't do it like everyone digging in and me watching what am eating it really wouldn't work lol so I just say have the main days of and straight back on plan the following days

Back