Christmas Challenge?

I am down to 370 WAS down to 369 yesterday but got a pound back today 1.2 actually.

I am curious. HOW does this work? I will lose nice .8 to 1.5 pounds a day for 4 or so days and they stall gaining a pound or so back sometimes 2 stall for 2 days or so then resume losing weight.

how does that work? One time I gained 2.6 pounds back which is physically impossible to my math since I did not even CONSUME 2.6 pounds of food the previous day. I did consume maybe 9 or 10 pounds of fluid.

since even if I converted 100% of what I ate to fat (impossible) it could not equal the increase in mass my guess is that its the liquid.

No sugar No carbonation. Just tea (wawa green tea or turkeyhill white tea for example) or the equivalent of crystal light from walmart.

So what causes this and how do I avoid it? I would rather see slightly smaller but CONTINUOUS weight loss than slight higher with a small gain and 2 day stall.

Suggestions? I am more than inline to hit 50pounds lost by Thanksgiving. Missed 50 pounds in 2 months by just 3 pounds GRRR :) my 60 pounds by Christmas goal should be cake at this point I may shoot for 75.

losemenow xmas challenge start 13'3

Losemenow ahhhhhhhh. :D

well went shopping at the weekend and was astonished by how clothes were fitting, fitted into a size 14 jeans quite well and my size 14 dress with zip is more than comfortable on me. so weighed myself this morning (i was away last fri for my weekly weigh in) and nearly fell when i realised i was 12' 13!) target for xmas is 12'7 but given that im off sugar and carbs and feel amazing with no cravings ive a feeling i may just blow that target out of the water with 5 weeks left! :D

i am officially the lightest i have been in 10 years. :D

have a feeling its gonna be a merry little christmas.

:D

Last edited:
Well done! i bet you feel amazed at how you are going! you are doing really well! congrats....
and im sure we will all be having a merrier little christmas at the rate everyone is going!!!

yeah i am im doing really well am chuffed. kinda had a few carbs at the weekened but by few i mean very little. its amazing cos since cutting down on sugar and carbs my energy is so much better. im eating so much more healthily over all. gonna be stricter this week with the carbs but overall im happy and doing well and whats more is im eating three good meals a day, im not hungry and ive energy!

anyway on friday i weighed myself and was 12' 10

so wooop have lost 7-8 pounds of my xmas challenge. Target for christmas is 12'7. bringing in the exercise this week, but working loads between now and xmas so will probably eat that bit more as hours are long and its quite physical work

:)

Last edited:
right once again im changing this amount (yet again, as i really wanna work towards soemthing and if i stuck to 28 then i will more than likely think ok ive done that now what can i eat??!!!!!
so im upping it to 30lb and that means ive got 5lb left to work off before christmas (and try and keep it off over christmas LOL)

I lost 4lb this week (and i was just looking that i didnt update last week (woops))
2lb last week too!
hope everyone is doing good
Good luck EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Excellent, your doing well.

I lost another 2.5lbs this week so I'm slowly clawing away at my Christmas target. Don't think I'm going to make it but at least I'll get to Christmas that much lighter!!!

Woopsies, forgot about this thread, lol. I have already lost the 2 stones that I set out to, I added another bit on to that, but I won't be losing as much as that!

I had a fall off the wagon a couple of weeks ago, so buggered it up a bit. Anyhow, I've still lost the 2 stones which I'm happy with :)

How are you all doing?

Louise xx

Not so good here. Lost 49 pounds and been stalled for over 2 weeks now. Does not seem to matter what I eat or how little or how much I eat. Just won't go below 369.0 pounds. I have hit 369.0 4 times and it just keeps going back up to 371 374 373 and then back down but not below. Driving me nuts trying to figure out whats doing it. Unless something amazing happens I do not see myself losing 11 pounds needed to meet my goal inside of 12 days though it is possible.

Sorry to hear you're not getting on so well nerys, but you've lost a brilliant amount of weight already, really amazing.

I don't know how you are with exercise? Are you able to start moving a bit more, rather than just concentrating on the amount of calories you'd need to lose weight? A lot of people plateau, but it will eventually break, just make sure you're not eating so little that you're putting your body into starvation mode :)

is there anyway to QUANTIFY starvation mode? I want to eat as few a number of calories as possible without triggering this starvation mode thing?

While not every day I try to walk at least 2-3 hours every day. We will goto walmart or a local mall etc.. and just walk till we are bored silly.

I am currently following my own vcld program. I continue to lose weight each week, but I take the weekends off. On sat. and sun. I maintain but eat around 2000 cals, but during the week I stick to around 800. Then every 2 or 3 weeks I follow low carb for the week. I think that so far I am tricking my body into continuing to lose weight. I only lose about 2-3 pds per week, but I am happy with that. I suppose if you alternate between low carb and low cal every other week and don't take the weekend off you would lose a lot more.

Hi, I'm new to the board and thought I'd jump in here because I have lots to lose, but I'd like to lose 5 lbs by Christmas.

I've been reading your posts, and they're very inspirational! :)

hey everyone.... just wondering when everyones final weigh in date is going to be????
i am going to have my final date as the 21st dec, as thets when the next dr app is, and who knows if my scales are anything the to go by, because ive comet o the conclusion they are rubbish!!!

hope everyone is doing ok, and for those who have done well.. congrats, and for those of us... well... LETS KEEP GOING!! WE CAN DO THIS!

Back