Christmas gain confessions!

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
thought i'd start a thread for people to offload their Christmas baggage and guilt! some have been back to class already, others are staring into their tins of quality street trying to convince themselves they can lose it for next week if they miss this weeks class.

hopefully we can all support each other, move forward and get back on plan.

i've been off plan since Christmas Eve and have weigh-in tonight - looking at a big gain. *gulp* however, it's the first time over 10 years that i have made the decision to face up to the music rather than avoid and rejoin a 2 stone gain later! ...i shall confess all later!

I've got weigh in tonight & by my scales I'm looking at about a 4lb gain!! Saying that I haven't been on plan since last Thursday so it's not too bad considering what I've ate & drank. Will be on plan tomorrow (maybe depending on if I snack on the pate & philli in the fridge) as we're off to a party tonight. Will be on plan part of New Years Eve - but not the night then probably back on plan from Sunday so probably will gain next week as well.

Oh well only comes once a year & I know I can get back into it - already wrote my meal plan & shopping list for next week so will be back to it!!

I wasn't going to go tonight as I have a holiday in but don't see the point putting it off when I know what's happened!!

Good luck for your weigh in tonight, hope the scales aren't too bad to you xx

I had had flu all over Christmas and was looking at a nice little loss when I checked the scales yesterday morning at home...
BUT...
Then yesterday and today happened. I still have flu but can eat again and its not good...ive more than made up for my Christmas lack of eating. So angry at myself too cause I was so happy.

Boohoo.

I skipped Monday's class and have been back on it since yesterday. Hoping if I am 100% until next WI I can undo some of the damage - probably not but in a way I feel more motivated to stick to it than I have in ages which can only be a good thing!

WI for me tonight, I reckon about +2 for me, I have made some good choices but I think the booze and star week will end up in a gain.

Drawing the line and cracking on! xxxx

Hey all, I have been off plan since Crimbo Eve and ive throughly enjoyed it! No weigh in this week as its closed, and all the other clubs in my town are either closed or I cant get too because of work :( (I go to a lunch time club) so i was actually desperate to go to find out how much ive put on but now have to wait until next tuesday :( Going to stay off plan til tuesday weigh in and start a fresh on Wednesday 5th Jan. good luck all, remember its christmas, weight gain happens at this time of year, but YOU know YOU can shift that weight. Happy New year xxx

4.5 on for me. Was off plan since xmas eve, I was adding up syns but gave up very soon. Back on SW since yesterday and I already feel better for eating proper food. Still lots of chocolate etc at work and at home but as long as I have something else available then I should be okay.

3.5 on for me which was spread over 2 WI's as I haven't been on plan for so long!! I usually binge and put it all on in a few days so I decided to open the choccies a few weeks back and enjoy a prolongued gain lol!
Back on track for me again today... my new size 14 jeans which were loose before Christmas were more snug yesterday and gave me the kick start I needed!!

3lb on for me over 2weeks. Back on track tomorrow - going food shopping now for my superspeed foods. i think ill be making a lot of soups- just too much choice now! hopefully i can lose the 3lb next week an get back on track

Thanks for this thread! Just what I needed somewhere to offload!

Put on 2.5 lbs have had plenty of treats and its my low loss time of my cycle so it can be expected, wish it didn't bother me at all but it does a bit though I know its only life! :eek:

Still want to have a few drinks over new year have friends round tomorrow and then new years eve was planning a take away and drinks and I want to enjoy without feeling guilty but we shall see! :confused:

Have had a chinese curry takeaway tonight as a planned treat/cravings sorter so I suppose with all this next week may not be much better! :eek:

It can be so harsh having to face the music on the scales but then thats whats helped to keep me on track so far so need to take the rough with the smooth I suppose! Just wish it didn't bother me! :sigh:

disappointed with a 2.5 gain - I was good from wi on tuesday to Friday and had a chinese without the usual egg fried rice on Christmas eve. Was only off plan on Christmas Day and Boxing Day and back to SW on Monday and Tuesday. HOWEVER, I went to my wi last night and when I listed how many chocolates I actually ate over that two day period - I think I got off lightly with 2.5 - so heres to a good SW week.

Good thread.

i'm back! i've put on 6lbs!!! a combination of eating and water retention, although mostly eating i'd imagine!

i'm ok with it and i feel empowered that i have officially been to class - there were only 4 members stayed to class tonight, including myself! was a good laugh though.

only 14 members weighed-in and there was a total gain of 31lbs! lol OUCH!

i set a target of 5lbs to lose by next weigh-in.

I started WW early in December 2010 and managed to loose 1st 2lb which I was really happy with however I knew Xmas wasn't going to be an easy time for me. I have dieted before and knew the guilt experienced when I over indulged so this year I decided to ditch the guilt and eat what I wanted over the Xmas period (this period lasted well over a week as I had work parties and gatherings with friends etc) I weigh in on the 3rd January and KNOW I will have put on a fair few pounds but I wont feel guilty because from the second I step off those scales I'm back on the diet and vow to loose and reach my weight loss goals! Don't feel guilty... we can all do it together! :)

0.5 gain, VERY pleased with this as i had 4 days off, including chocs, mcdonalds, pizza etc, i did do some exercise though.

Expect similar next week i think due to new year but it will definately only be 1 day off (apart from the hot and spicy pizza i have just consumed *cough cough*).

Someone at my group gained 12.5lbs...now that is how it's done :D

Someone at my group gained 12.5lbs...now that is how it's done :D

WOW!!! i thought i'd done bad! lol

they deserve some kind of bravery award just for turning up to class!

OMG! 12.5lb!!!! our C was talking about 7lb gains but that certainly takes the biscuit!!! I was very restrained and managed a 1lb gain, wouldn't mind, that was only over two days!

Back