Christmas gain confessions!

+5 lb for me, deserved every lb and enjoyed every mouthfull!!! I went easy on myself during a festive period, ate what I wanted whenever I wanted!! Today I am back on plan, full of tasty memories of chocolates, pates, Baileys mmmm

poor person gaining so much - I bet he/she felt terrible but good on them for facing the music, you know they will do well going to class now - they could have easily left it until new year.

Well I put on 5lb!! It was expected & going off what I ate it could have been a lot more and it's * week as well. Went straight from class to my SIL's for a family party - cue more wine & party food, we're going to my friends for tea tonight - cue more party food but might not have much wine, then we've got New Years Eve.

Going to be on plan for breakfast & lunch today & tomorrow & will be back on plan properly from Saturday - will be throwing any excess goodies that could tempt me & writing the syn values on the ones that are left.

Well done to all of you that faced the music!!

+4lb and can feel every one of them on my hips and tummy!!

Draw the line... back to work!! xxxx

+5lbs for me... I wouldn't mind but most of its not even from tasty christmas food! Ended up spending most of christmas eve and day in hospital with son eating horrible pre packed sandwiches. Finding it hard to get back on plan now cos I feel conned out of festive goodies!!!

im shocked been to weigh in this morning and only gained 1 lb thought it was gonna be at least 4 lbs the amount i ate and drank im worried it will catch up next week especially as im away at friends from tommorow for the weekend but gonna have to pack some food to take with me and avoid the NYE buffet

+5lbs for me... I wouldn't mind but most of its not even from tasty christmas food! Ended up spending most of christmas eve and day in hospital with son eating horrible pre packed sandwiches. Finding it hard to get back on plan now cos I feel conned out of festive goodies!!!

Hope your son is ok! What do you feel you have missed out on? Could you allow yourself those few treats before getting back on plan? Your son being in hospital probably wasn't something you had planned for so you can forgive yourself for having to cope with it the best you could and though 5 lbs is a gain you would rather had not had Im sure it can be got rid of soon enough!
I'd say allow yourself your xmas treats and then get back on plan rather than struggle to try and get back on plan whilst feeling you have missed out and risk falling further off track? Good luck x

I have put 3 lbs on. I am back on plan today even though I have curry night tomorrow. I feel that 1 day on is better thn none at all! Also intending to go gym if I can get out of work early too.
I love the idea of writing on food how many syns it is.

I once gained 3lbs at WW over Christmas, I attended class and was so disappointed as I felt I had been good. Then with all the new starters I felt like the leader didn't give me any feedback, just felt ignored and really bad about myself. The rest you can probably guess, didn't go again and regained all my weight, and I was only 6lbs off target! So please everyone, don't do what I did, carry on and think positive!! xx

My word this is just what I needed - for me the build up to Christmas was very stressful with my OH being seriously ill for 12 weeks and going back and forth to hospitals and doctors, up until Christmas Eve morning where I was sat in a&e at 7:30am with my OH who almost ruptured his achilies tendon so once we got on the way to my family in Wales I thought, sod it and just enjoy myself.

I had my dad's dinner with all the trimmings on Xmas day and his home cooked indian meal Xmas eve. I didn't gorge on choccies after Xmas dinner, had a few nibbles in the evening and some drinks while we played games.

My OH's family did a buffet meal boxing day so had some spring rolls, onion bajhis etc then the next day his French nan did an awesome 4 course homecooked meal. We also had a few McDonalds between service stations while travelling and pizza on the evening we got home from London.

I only joined SW 5 weeks before Xmas and only lost 4lb in 5 weeks. I want to get back on track as I feel huge and uncomfortable but at the moment I can't face any form of food. We're going shopping tomorrow but I don't know what to buy - we get vegetables and fruit anyway but I get bored with SW curries, salads and tomato pasta. We have a fair bit of chocolate and alcohol in the house now too. Oh well, I'll be doing my best and seeing how it goes, class starts back January 10th so got some time to get back on track.

Imagine my surprise and delight to discover i've lost 1lb over christmas. Ok, so I may have had a hacking cough and a nasty cold all week, but still!!

Hope your son is ok! What do you feel you have missed out on? Could you allow yourself those few treats before getting back on plan? Your son being in hospital probably wasn't something you had planned for so you can forgive yourself for having to cope with it the best you could and though 5 lbs is a gain you would rather had not had Im sure it can be got rid of soon enough!
I'd say allow yourself your xmas treats and then get back on plan rather than struggle to try and get back on plan whilst feeling you have missed out and risk falling further off track? Good luck x

Son is doing alot better now thank you :) Not really sure what I feel I missed out on. Just general christmas treats I suppose, or maybe even christmas in general!
I think I am going to treat new years day as a second christmas, all family is going round to mum and dads.
I probably won't be happy with the scales next Tues but that is better than jacking it in all together!
So damage limitation for now and new positive attitude on Tues!
Thanks Emsie :)

I havent been this week (or the week before for that matter either). I took both weeks as a holiday because on wed 23rd the session was a weigh in only and on wed 28th my class wasnt on so i needed to go to a different evening class and again it was a weigh in only. dont know if its just me but i dont want to waste a £5 to step on some scales. i like the rest of the session, the chatting and inspirational ideas...

i am assuming i have put on 3lbs as i am one of those naughty people who weigh far too often. i know where my downfall has been and its been to much entertaining and eating at other peoples houses during the festivities as well as alcohol (and also a 3 course meal on the 27th because we were with family and mum babysat - we have to take opportunity to have a babysitter where we can). will be good between now and new years eve (we are cooking for a NYE do with friends and its a slimming world chilli with rice and wedges with some grated cheese and nachos - will try not to have any nachos or cheese. plus plenty of wine. am going to use flexible syns for the wine. 25 will be plenty.

Well I gained 4 lbs but it is star week and I did have four full days off plan.Drank a whole bottle of baileys,had a chinese and an indian takeaway..oh and peanuts..and about ten bottles of wine and a few beers...so I think I got off lightly!! :p Hubby gained 7lbs and is still in shock ;)

Oh and p.s I totall agree with geordie lass about paying a fiver to weigh.Our class has been deserted for the past three weeks.. literally four or so of us.Hubby and I walked into class last night,the same few there,paid five quid to be told we'd gained and there was no meeting.No words of motivation,just a waste.We thought we were being sensible going and not skipping like the rest of the group.In a way I'm glad I know what the damage is but cant help feeling a bit ripped off :confused:

Wow Allie..if you don't mind me asking what on earth did he eat/drink to gain 14lbs? My hubby ate and drank everything in sight to gain his 7 :rolleyes:

I have done exceptionally badly this year, culminating in a overall gain of 7lb since this time last year. this xmas I have gone totally mad and made myself feel thoroughly sick. Onwards and upwards (but downwards weight-wise) for 2011!!!!

I was hoping to add my confession to this thread tonight but my SW class has been cancelled :-( I have been off plan since my last weigh in on 23rd Dec and had not planned to go back on it until after my birthday (next Tuesday) but it would have been nice to know how much I had gained in the meantime so that it was in the back of my mind.

Oh well I am going to enjoy New Year and my birthday and face the music in January. Hopefully this thread will still be running by then.

Umm .... i didn`t get to weigh in ... today or last weds ... or the one before that ... *naughty Daisy*

I`m a regular at jumping on the scales at home .... and i "think" i`ve gained about 3 lbs ... i`m going to get back on the wagon tomorrow and will be going to weigh in again next weds :)

Back