Christmas- some advice for SWers

Fab Thread, i am flexy synning christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day!! then Hitting then gym hard inbetween Christmas and New year :) the new years eve and NEw years Day flexy syns and then back on track :)

Superb post CP, thank you! This is my first Christimas with SW (not first on a plan though!) so I was gonna follow what I did last year, and just not pick between meals. Easier said than done, but that way I didn't feel so guilty if I did splurge at dinner time. I actually stopped going to my old class (Rosemary Conley) this time last year, and joined Slimming World in January and in that time, I only gained 7lbs, which I thought was pretty good, cos I didn't follow any healthy eating or drinking! :) This year, I'll still be going to classes, and watching what I'm eating and I'm happy if I maintain or just have a small gain, cos I know I can control it now.

*bump*

it's getting closer........and harder

stick with it gang and remember LOSING WEIGHT IS NOT FOR WIMPS- stay strong xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much, this is really useful advice!

Christmas itself is hopefully not going to be too bad for me, as we are having family here, so I can control what I'm eating / how I'm cooking it.

However, we are away for New Year and I'm not looking forward to that so much, especially well meaning people trying to get me to eat fattening things! Hoping I can at least stay the same weight over Christmas and allow a couple of flexi days at NY.

I am finding it a bit difficult already, infact i'm pretty suprised at my losses with the amount of chocolate i have consumed the last couple of weeks, i have been exercising more to compensate and it's done the trick so far. I am definately not having time 'off', just 4 flexi days planned.

Fab post, really helpful!! :)

This will be my first SW Christmas and I wonder if anyone has any menu ideas and recipes on what to have for the full Christmas lunch/dinner? I am doing EE so any ideas would be really helpful. I am really committed to making the full dinner from scratch including dessert. xx

This is great, thanks CP. I have really been struggling with how to manage the 4 meals out this week and it makes so much more sense to think of them as flexi synned rather than off-plan. I know I won't lose anything this week but at least I'll be on plan the rest of the time. Love the traffic lights too!

That's really useful - we're spending all of Xmas with family in Wales and London. Xmas day at my parent's will be a flexi day as my dad will use goose fat for the turkey/potatoes and oil for the roasted veg and he'll do prawn cocktail to start. However this year after Xmas dinner I won't be grazing on chocolates all day and the rest of my flexi syns will be used on a few glasses of wine or vodka and diet coke. Boxing day we're at OH's Uncles so I'm hoping he'll do a buffet so I can choose salads, cold meats etc. Next day is his French Nan's which will be a flexi day as with OH's French Nan you don't dare refuse her food or drink lol. After that OH is back in work so I'll be at the gym for 2 days :)

just found this post love it i always try to be good at xmas ad always fail so hopefully this will inspire me to do better this year

Thanks for this post its very good advice 18 months ago and a stone to my goal weight i took a week off for my 40th birthday at the time i did not realise how hard it would be to get back on plan and i now have 2.5 stone to loose as i keep loosing and gaining the same half a stone.

Thanks for resurrecting this post, there are some very good ideas, I always put loads on over Christmas but this time I will be trying not to, I want to lose my last bit of weight for the last time.I will keep looking at this on the run up to Christmas which isn't long now

This is so helpful, going off plan for Xmas last time I did slimming world is part of the reason I never got back on track! This year I'm going to do 2 flexi days Xmas and boxing day and then back on track. Once I binge it's all over I can't stop again lol! Great advice thanks x

ok i want to have christmas day and boxing day as healthy as possible but i still want the treats........its christmas!!!!! how do flexi days work?

Thanks for this - so helpful! We're spending Christmas Day at the mother-in-law's and she tends to use quite a lot of pre-packed and processed things when she cooks. It'll be traditional roast so I might just avoid the roast potatoes and the rest should be alright. Boxing day will be easier as it's at my parents' and they're a bit more accommodating. Lunch will be a massive buffet with cold meat and salad so I can just avoid the bad bits! I don't think I'll stick exactly to plan, but maybe do a "looser" version of it? So not weigh and measure as religiously, allow myself a drink or two and a pudding but just not go as overboard as I used to!

ok i want to have christmas day and boxing day as healthy as possible but i still want the treats........its christmas!!!!! how do flexi days work?

Hi Pizzle,

Flexi-days are when you allow yourself more syns, but keep a cap on them.

So if you decide to have 30 syns one day, just make sure that you keep a record of all your syns and stop when you get to 30, and continue your week, having the number that you would normally have.

It is to keep you still in control, and so you don't over-consume syns in that one day, and to stop you feeling guilty.

You may have a maintain, or even a gain, but at least you know exactly where its come from, and why you did it.

I usually have a flexi-syns day at least once a week :) xx

Great thread. I have already been thinking (and worrying) about christmas this year.
I'm really going to try and be good, I've worked so hard for my weight loss so far, so to put it all back on for the sake of a week is scary and pointless.
I think I may relax slightly on xmas day, and attempt to stick to plan the rest of the time, that way I'm not totally depriving myself and I'm less likely to think 'sod it its xmas' and binge...
Come on ladies, we can do it :)

Back