Christmas.

lozzer58

Hi, just wondering what everyone is planning to do over christmas. I was quite shocked at my meeting this week to hear people are planning to eat. WHY !! Christmas is just one day !! I want to start new year as happy as i feel today not feeling guilty for undoing all the hard work, and you would feel guilty been there many times and that tends in my case to indulging even more. There will be other christmas's. I for one will look forward to new years eve this year and the prospect of being at target by February. What is your view ?

I agree, it is only one day but i guess its a case of the nostalgia of having a big dinner as you would as a child... if i can question myself as to whether or not i really need to eat on the say i will be happy!!

Hopefully i wont be eating!

Good for you! The best thing is to stick to the plan for Christmas. Don't get hung up on it. You're not missing out. You're just not eating. Just like the last X number of days youve been on LLT!

I've been hanging around here long enough to have seen so many people vow they're going to 'just have a slice of turkey' which then leads to a full on Christmas meal, boxing day leftovers, might as well carry on eating and get back on the plan in the new year, dipping into the tin of Roses etc. It's a seriously slippery slope when there is so much temptation around.
Yes, some people do manage to just have Christmas dinner and then get straight back onto the packs. But more often than not, if you let yourself have a day of at Christmas, it's 100 times harder to get back onto your packs than it would be at any other time of year.
It's all down to individual choice but obviously, if you don't eat, you'll get to your goal much faster!

My LLC said if people are going to fall off the wagon it usually starts the beginning of december and more than likely goes straight through to christmas. It had happened to two ladies in group previously and they agreed. You can do some serious damage in that time i am not prepared to do that. I guess we are all different but my eye is most definatley on the prize. Will be intresting to see what people do.

I'm not planning to eat over Christmas/New Year either.

I want to be 100% until I get to goal hopefully by May. The way I look at it is the true purpose of Christmas is not food and eating until I cant move off the sofa. It is only one Christmas and I want to live a life where food is not important other than for fuel and eating before I get to where I want to be will not help me accomplish this.

I suppose everyone will do what suits them best but I am planning to enjoy the spirit of Christmas while supping on some veggie soup :)

Good for you vanda, there will be other Christmas's .If i find christmas lunch too difficult i will just take myself off for a walk on the beach, my husband said he was quite happy to cancel christmas lunch but that wouldnt be fair on everyone else. (my husband is 100% supportive ) I will treat myself to a nice new (smaller ) outfit with the money i save on the shopping as i wont be filling my cupboards like i usually do. Take care Lorraine

Back