Ciara's 'This time it's serious' diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from the Drs and she's pleased with my progress so gave me a 2 month supply of xenical. i'm going back in a month tho to be weighed again. it gives me an extra boost if i know someone else is going to weigh me.

Been busy with work so not managed to get out walking as often but have been on my feet a lot.

Have been pretty good foodwise as well although i think i'm having too many choc custard pots so need to cut back on that.

weigh in day. 3lbs off. 1 more lb and i'll have lost the first stone :)

Brilliant! I'll bet that 1lb is history next week and you'll be celebrating your first stone :D

thanks :) heres hoping! i'm trying to keep off the scales until friday...so far so good!

Had a bad weekend. I don't quite know why i went so wrong! fish and chips on friday, chocolate and too many crisps the rest of the days. eejit! :d'oh:

so back to day 1 yet again!

B: shake
L: ham and couscous
D: turkey with low fat tikka masala sauce and veg.
choc yoghurt pot

drank 2 pints of squash so getting better with the water intake.

exercise: 1.5m walk

Just realised to get to my 5% goal i need to lose 3 more lbs! :) aiming to do that by the time I go back to the Drs a week wed!

Right, need to walk out to the post box before it gets dark and make a meal plan for tomorrow!

Cx

Hi KB. I know. But i feel like i always have one leg off the wagon! need to try and break the habit of eating junk at weekends!
Taking up your marathon challenge again this month. only managed a half marathon in April so will try harder this month :)

Woops! I've been so busy reading the other thread i've forgotten about my own!

Feeling good diet wise. I've managed to break a few habits which i'm pleased with. It was routine on saturdays to get paper, chocolate, sausage roll and juice so last sat I just got the paper and a pack of polos! The phrase "make little changes" keeps popping up in my head, so i'm trying to avoid old habits and make new ones :) lol just hope it lasts this time.

I have been reading a lot of blogs around the net by people with lots of weight to lose. Its been an eye opener as i think i've been in denial about how much I really need to lose. So, taking from those blogs i'm going to see where I stand in 10.5.11. So..

Day 1 Mon 10.5.10 weight 310lbs :eek:

B: oj and some fruit
L: roll with ham and relish
D: chicken & veg stir fry with pasta
S: snack a jacks.

exercise: not much. Quick walk to the end of the road

Pros: I made the effort to walk to the post box instead of drive like usual

Cons: I didn't drink enough water.

Day 2 Tues 11.5.10

B: oj and fruit
L: chicken salad sandwich
D: left over stir fry
S: choc yog pot

exercise: 4 mile walk

Pros: Walking to the post office instead of driving. 4 mile round trip. Was very refreshing, felt great afterwards. Was surprised by how easy it was, I was half expecting to be breathless by the end of it. Need to do this more often.

Got blood test results back from Dr, all good.B.P is good and no prob with cholesterol either. I was worried an issue I have with one of my legs was diabetes related and its not. such a relief!

Cons: didn't drink enough water again!!!

Things to do: get some diluting juice!

I have been saving up and last night I ordered a Wii and wii fit plus! so excited to get it!

right, off to read more threads until the biscuits stop calling to me :)

Last edited:
Day 3

B: oj, banana, yoghurt
L: toast with x.l laughing cow spread
D: will be roast chicken legs, potatoes & sweetcorn
S: choch yog pot, pack of mentos

exercise: 2 miles to further post box
1.5 miles at beach. might go for another wee walk later tonight to make it 4 miles for today

water: have been making an effort to drink more.
ETA: i've had 2 x 500ml bottle of water with diluting juice, 1 x about 200ml and 1 x 330ml fizzy juice (bad i know but i'm getting better!) so 1.2lt water/juice + 330ml fizzy. thats an improvment! :)

I post a lot of letters for work so going to try and walk to the post box each day instead of driving.

Last edited:
Hi and you seem to be getting back on track and doing more exercise so well done you. I am new to xeenical and was so scared to start it due to rumours I had heard but been on it now for just over week and feel good. I am bit worried as not eating enough fat but I think once I get into swing of things and find out what upsets me I will get there.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted - Sue x

Hi lucky! I was scared to start xenical too and doubt i would have if i hadn't found this site. If you stick to the 5g of fat per 100g and 15g per meal you'll do great! good luck!

Day 4

B: Yoghurt, oj, banana
L: x.l laughing cow thing with chicken on bread
D: chicken, veg, noodles with l.f curry sauce
S: choc yog pot x 2

exercise: 1.5 mile walk. it poured with rain all day and this was all i could manage inbetween showers. Forced myself to go. another small change. i'd never have done this before!

pros: went walking

cons: didn't drink enough water, had too many calories!

marathon challenge: 14/26

Day 5

B: shake
L: chicken, mayo sandwich
D: think it'll be tuna pasta
S: 3 x baked crisps :eek:

exercise: 2 miles on road and 1 mile at the beach
17/26 miles done

pros: have drank 2 pints of water/diluting juice today which i think is 1l. think its 5ooml a pint. aiming for 2 more pints during the evening.

cons: had too many baked crisps. need to stop buying these.

Planning to get up early tomorrow and do the long route again. I like walking in the morning when its quiet, just me and the birds singing.

Day 6..

Has gone horribly wrong. no tabs and too much junk. :eek::rolleyes::mad:

Tomorrow will be a better day. Have planned a new 4 mile route so hopefully will get up early for that.

Day 7

B: oj, yoghurt
L: roast pork, boiled potatoes, turnip, cabbage and a bit of gravy
P: home made tirimisu must have been 7000 calories but was so good!
D: ham sandwich

water: 2.5 pints
exercise: 4 mile walk
marathon challenge 21/26.2

so a better day than yesterday.

The wii fit I ordered came yesterday, hoping the wii turns up soon so I can use it!

Need to get some meal planning done tonight.

Yes well done, we all have blips like the one you had a couple of days ago, but it's what you do about it afterwards that really matters...get your meals planned, get stuck into the Wii when it arrives, and there'll be no stopping you.

By the way, I like the pros and cons lists in your diary...it's a good way to give yourself credit for the things you did well, but also to reflect on the things you could improve on. I doubt that the 'perfect' day ever exists, but if there are more pros than cons then I guess we're going in the right direction!!

Day 8

Hi KB & Alex :wavey:
We gave away the left over of the tirimisu so we wouldn't be tempted to eat it *insert smilie with angel wings* lol.

So today
B: oj, fruit, yoghurt
L: roll with chicken and e.l laughing cow triangle
D: Chicken & veg stir fry with rice
S: apple/raisin biscuit thing 0.6g fat

water: 2 pints so far, working on my 3rd

exercise: woke up early and energised and went for a long walk. I think the walking is helping me sleep better as i feel i actually get a good nights sleep

marathon challenge: 25/26.2 ohhh 1.2miles to go and i'll have done it :)

pros: went for a long walk, drinking more water

cons: my wii still hasn't turned up! damn volcanic ash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back