Cinema Advice

Nightwolf

Firstly, I screwed up on Sunday and had loads of things I shouldnt, then I managed to claw through till yesterday, and did the same thing again, I feel awful now, I went 4 weeks of great diet, then messed up twice in one week lol, anyways, I have motivated myself today, and just looking at it as a blowout, and proceeding with the diet, but I am going to the cinema next week with family, and wondered, does anyone have any suggestions for food I can take to nibble on? while everyone else has popcorn and hotdogs lol.

I had the same problem. I was given the option of freezing some fruit, ie grapes, mango, strawberries and taking them to suck on.
Or what about the snack a jack bag of popcorn.
I took a lolly pop (chubba chups) and it was a lot better for me then having the chocolate brazils and peanuts, which i love.

You could syn some "cinema" salted popcorn as it's air popped usually and that will lower the syn value, and have a diet coke?

Me and hubby went to cinema last night to see last chance harvey (its a lovely film) and we were megga good and didn't take anything. Cann't say I missed it either as we were a bit crafty and instead of arriving at the time the film was advertised (8.30) and sitting through 30 mins of ads and stuff - which is when we tend to stuff the goodies - we got there for about 8.50 and only had a couple of mins before the film started.

If you do want a munch though I'd go with grapes, strawberries etc. Damage limitation XX

You can make jelly 'sweets' which taste like thick jelly and hold their shape like gummy sweets.

You get the jelly powder and make it up to 1/2 pint water, then add 3 tbsp of gelatine powder (or two leafs) and mix. Pour into trays (I used a tuppaware dish) and cool. Put in fridge to set. I cut mine into snakes, put them in a pot and take them to the cinema. Makes me feel like I have sweeties too! 2 syns for the whole lot!

Snack-a-Jacks popcorn is also low, so if I was going I might take one of these as well.

You can make jelly 'sweets' which taste like thick jelly and hold their shape like gummy sweets.

You get the jelly powder and make it up to 1/2 pint water, then add 3 tbsp of gelatine powder (or two leafs) and mix. Pour into trays (I used a tuppaware dish) and cool. Put in fridge to set. I cut mine into snakes, put them in a pot and take them to the cinema. Makes me feel like I have sweeties too! 2 syns for the whole lot!

Snack-a-Jacks popcorn is also low, so if I was going I might take one of these as well.

good advice for the jellies. will try making them for my boys as well (they are haribo addicts.)

Back