Claire Bear's shrinking mission

Well done on the loss hun xxxx

Thanks guys.
went to a party last night at a work friends house. managed to get through 2 bottles of wine (!!)!but had a great time. actually ended up not eating masses, despite a huge buffet of delicious food. nice to have a blow out every now and then, but I am now back on plan.

got family coming next weekend, so will sped this weekend cleaning!! The other week I had a clear out of my wardrobe and now have 3 bags for the clothes recycling bin, and a small pile good enough I can put on eBay - must list them some time.

got heaps of compliments last night on the weight I've lost. Feel awkward taking them, and then don't want to get into diet conversations with numerous different people (they always want yo give you advice don't they?!) so tried to shrug it off, make a joke and change the conversation.

Thanks guys.
got heaps of compliments last night on the weight I've lost. Feel awkward taking them, and then don't want to get into diet conversations with numerous different people (they always want yo give you advice don't they?!) so tried to shrug it off, make a joke and change the conversation.
Oh, I'm so glad it's not just me who doesn't know how to respond to comments like that! And I don't get why people want to give diet advice when what you're doing is clearly working, as they're commenting on your weight loss in the first place! People are funny.

I love clearing out the wardrobe. :D It's great getting rid of stuff that doesn't fit because it's too loose, rather than too tight. Until you realise that you can say, "I have nothing to wear" and actually mean it!

It's so difficult isn't it!!

My boss is trying to lose weight at the moment - her approach is to excercise fanatically but essentially not limit her diet much and not hold back on alcohol (she drinks most days). It has worked for her in the past, but then when she stops excercise get the weight comes back on. now, I'm not wanting to criticise her - Lord knows I (and we all know) how impossible it is and can be. But - she keeps going on at me to do more excercise. She wants to "get me out running in my lunch break"'AAAaaaaaaaaarrgghh!! I'm ACTUALLY doing a good job steadily losing on my plan. leave me to do it!!!!!

sigh.

still - the compliments are lovely, awkward as they are and I am still having lots of fun (although cash flow wise it's getting a bit tricky) to explore the 20-22 size range, which opens up loads more options (previous I was 26/28). Lots of eBay trawling :)

Off for a long weekend in France in two weeks time, would be great to be down to 21st by then...

Got family coming over this weekend, so will be less strict with the food, although hoping will balance that out with lots of excercise when we go out on day trips etc.

today:

b: 4 milk and cereals belvita biscuits
l: slimfast chic peanut bar
d: jacket potato, salsa and roast beef (leftovers from roast yesterday)
s: metcalfes popcorn snack, 2 mini satsumas

Eurostar now go direct from London to Avignon - 5 hours but I love a train journey and hopefully some lovely scenery going past... Hello Provence!! 3 nights away, glam mini break!

managed to get through another big presentation at work today... Phew!

today:

b: belvita milk and cereal biscuits
l: 2 small sandwiches from work do buffet
d: chicken fajitas
s: slimfast snack bar and bag of popcorn

have a great holiday with the family love x x

Eurostar now go direct from London to Avignon - 5 hours but I love a train journey and hopefully some lovely scenery going past... Hello Provence!! 3 nights away, glam mini break!

Oh i love travelling by train too - and that trip is lovely, I did it a few years ago (although sadly Avignon was pouring with train) - but it's such a beautiful area, i remember standing outside the cathedral in Marseilles, it was hot but the breeze was wafting gorgeous Provencal smells of lavender, mimosa and pine past me - heaven! :)

I can't wait.
Only down side to the train vs driving, is that I will be limited in the number of crates of wine and cheese that Inwill be able to transport back. I'm usually THAT person who crams every bottle that will fit it any nook and cranny of the car!!!
Cheap French red wine ...mmmmmmmmm:party0036:

pouring with train

Train on the brain, me! That should have read rain, sadly :)

I can't wait.
Only down side to the train vs driving, is that I will be limited in the number of crates of wine and cheese that Inwill be able to transport back. I'm usually THAT person who crams every bottle that will fit it any nook and cranny of the car!!!

Mmm you can always have it shipped back :D I love Carrefour, i know it's a supermarket but last time i was in Lille, they had no less than 120 different cheese on offer...

emotional day at work today - team administrator left and we will all miss him so much!
They ordered pizza for lunch - I was SO good to resist, Ended up having a small slice of brownie but otherwise resisted...

What at a fortnight. Conference in London (won a prize for a poster I put together!), interview (got offered the job but declined), team presentation and then a presentation at the local clinical research facility all on top of the normal day to day stuff. So glad it's over. Ups and down and lots of big decisions about career etc. but happy to decide I am staying where I am.

Pizza express pizza for tea with salad. Yum.

I can't wait.

Perhaps its a good thing you're on the train?!

:8855:

Sorry you've had a hectic couple of weeks (lots of positives though) and well done on resisting pizza & treating yourself with safer pizza x

well done on the pizza x x

Back