Claire Bear's shrinking mission

thanks all.
weigh in tomorrow - crossing fingers (as always!) for a good result.

Looking forward to family over at the weekend, although trying to be as good as possible... We'll see!!!

Happy long weekend to you all

planning on going out to a local House and Garden. if feeling energetic will walk there and back. Problem is with boyfriend family that they walk about twice as fast as I do, so end up feeling left behind the whole time which kinda ruins it for me. I think I've picked up the pace recently, but they seem to just stride so much faster than me!!!

:) Thanks Susie. I don't know why it bothers me so much - always used to make me feel like 'the overweight slow one' but I guess it just shows they're not enjoying the walk and the views as much as me :)

woke up at 6:30 today for some reason, then couldn't stop thinking about work (Eurgh!)

down 1lb for me today. Steady Eddie...
am trying to work my way round the fact that when I started on this diet at 27st, I couldn't 'use' my scales properly - I had to lean on my heels to get a reading. I've tried to continue standing in the same way on them, but it's not reliable (if I rock backwards and forwards on my heels I can get a range of about a stone!!). now I'm so much lighter, I can stand on the standing up straight, count to three and get a really accurate, repeatable reading each time - annoyingly that is about a stone above what I get doing it 'my way). actually - it used to be over a stone, but I have whittled it down now to 10lbs. am trying to close the gap!!! Confused everyone?? Essentially I am still losing weight, that's what matters :)

Am aiming to get into the reliable readings, but don't want yo accept a 10lb rise. Also annoyed because I love working top my targets and logging my weekly weight, and my starting weight isn't accurate!! aargh!! Too scared to guess at what it was back then....

:fear:

Oh god yeah, that scale sitch must be frustrating. I think you are right, don't change your stats but when you do get it to read out the weight you've recorded and you've closed the gap maybe you could adjust your starting weight? That would only be fair, because you would have actually lost more than you'd be giving yourself credit for? Ok, am I making any sense now? Hope so! Well done on your loss hun!!

planning on going out to a local House and Garden. if feeling energetic will walk there and back. Problem is with boyfriend family that they walk about twice as fast as I do, so end up feeling left behind the whole time which kinda ruins it for me. I think I've picked up the pace recently, but they seem to just stride so much faster than me!!!

Go at your own pace - leave them to rush ahead and miss the joy of teh walk!

down 1lb for me today. Steady Eddie...
am trying to work my way round the fact that when I started on this diet at 27st, I couldn't 'use' my scales properly - I had to lean on my heels to get a reading. I've tried to continue standing in the same way on them, but it's not reliable (if I rock backwards and forwards on my heels I can get a range of about a stone!!). now I'm so much lighter, I can stand on the standing up straight, count to three and get a really accurate, repeatable reading each time - annoyingly that is about a stone above what I get doing it 'my way). actually - it used to be over a stone, but I have whittled it down now to 10lbs. am trying to close the gap!!! Confused everyone?? Essentially I am still losing weight, that's what matters :)

Well done on the loss :D

I did laugh at the balancing scales act. Not sure what's best to say. Going with weight it says now but up your start weight? So it fairly reflects how far you've come?

Oh god yeah, that scale sitch must be frustrating. I think you are right, don't change your stats but when you do get it to read out the weight you've recorded and you've closed the gap maybe you could adjust your starting weight? That would only be fair, because you would have actually lost more than you'd be giving yourself credit for? Ok, am I making any sense now? Hope so! Well done on your loss hun!!

Thats a good idea!

Hi - yes it's a difficult one with the scales. In my head I know I probably started 1-1.5 stone heavier, but then in a way don't want to think about the fact tha it I was ever that heavy, so sticking with 27st is fine for me.
atvthe moment I'm tracking the definite weight and the balancing act weight and taking an average loss. the GOOD news is that both weights go down each week (!!!) if anything I am doing a little better because in trying to close the gap, I'm actually logging slightly smaller losses than I am actually getting... Still making sense anyone?!

ive had a lovely BH weekend. Went on a two hour walk to the local House and Garden. In the end it was only my boyfriend and his Mum, so managed to go at our own pace and it was lovely. A hey legs by the end of it. glad I had some excercise because then proceeded to drink far too much prosecco (his mum brought a magnum with her!) and tuck into the BBQ food. Boyf's brother's new girlfriend also brought 3 boxes of hotel chocolat assortment when she arrived,Mao have been tucking into a few of those too!! Hey ho - these weekends are where to enjoy, and it'll be back on the wagon on Tuesday. have had a lovely time :)

hope everyone else had had some BH weekend fun

enjoy love thats what bank holidays or for x x x
i understand your post im also playing catch up so not moving the digits till i catch up again after a silly week off madness which did not lucky go to bad

Eurgh!! Why leave me alone with the chocolates!!!! All gone....
mmmmmm they were good tho.

definitely back on plan tomorrow.. Actually looking forward to it! then off to France on Friday :) :) :)

will weigh in on Thursday before I go....

happy bank holiday hun x x

Back!!!! Weird to be here agin, hoping old friends will re-join as we had such a lovely group here before and it was also lovely to see new people come along.

Only lost 1 stone since minis closed, that's quite depressing!! But I'm still on the weight loss oath, and heading towards the 20 stone Mark....

1lb off this week. All good steps in the right direction. Now just 1lb away from that 20stone wall!

Out on my first Xmas do of the season last night. Was quite good on food, but had just over a bottle of wine. Not feeling to bad this morning, which is a big plus!!!

Well done on the 1lb off! So close to a lovely milestone too :)

Haha thanks guys.. Yes, just like old times! It's great :)

Tried another soup recipe today - curried butternut squash and apple... Too much Apple I think!! Anyway, stuck with a bucket load so will have to get through it somehow!!

Day off tomorrow. Will get the Xmas decorations up. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

Back