Claire's Exante Diary

I'm sure your other pack hasn't done too much damage, I will Probs have some bouillon later... Think my fog is clearing a bit, I'm less hungry and getting quite alert at this late hour, could it be? Ketosis!!!

Certainly sounds like it lady!! Fingers crossed! I don't feel too bad having the extra cd pack as they're less cals than exante n having been up since 5am it's been a long day.

Hi ya CLaire!

Great to see you back on track and on minis. I remember you doing Atkins. Well done on your first day roll on many more.

Bren
X

Awww Bren!!!! So fab to hear from u again!! Hope uv been well?? I intend on going back to low carbing once I've lost a bit of this podge as loved it in many ways, just the brekkie choices n lack of desserts I struggled with from time to time.

Well Atkins was quite hard for me being a vege. So I started Dukan in Oct 10 and got down to 161lbs. Then I got a DVT and then Xmas and 3 lots of visitors from mid Novemeber until just last week! Exhausted to say the least and obviously very hard to have people staying and dieting. The DVT was the hardest though as no exercise until the clot disappeared. So a clean bill of health now and starting Dukan Attack today.

Hoping to be at goal somewhere around the end of March and then onto the Consolidation Phase for a few months which allows 'gala meals', free choice meals basically once or twice a week. I have friends from UK arriving end of April. I aim on staying on track during there visit. But am aware that I may have to do a couple of Attack days and then back on plan to loose any lbs that may creep back on due to drinking and entertaining.

My birthday is in July and we are going on a holiday to Queensland, then thinking about getting pregnant?! Would like to be maintaining my goal weight when I fall pregnant though.

Great to see you back. Oh and I love you middle pic, you look fab. Is that your goal weight from atkins then?

Bren
x

Hey Bren

Yes the black dress pic is after Atkins but was still not at my goal weight, think it was around bmi 27 Ish. Would love to be just inside the healthy bracket to say I'm at a healthy weight. I'm a definite curvy shape, pear shaped more than any other n I have a fairly large frame so I don't want to be anything less as I'd look daft.

What's dukan?

Not long been awake as working lates today. Just had a narna shake n a cuppa for brekkie. Taking a nut bar to work with me n will have a soup when I get home from work around midnight ish.

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Sounds like we are both on the road to ketosis!! Happy days. I'm back at work on Wednesday so hoping to be in it by then at least. Well done to us, not long and we will start noticing results!

Hey just checking in, hope you have had a good day and not too hungry, I seem to be a lot better today so hope you are too!!! Roll on weigh in day!

Hey Hun, had a good day today. Only just got home so having my third sachet, a choc shake as don't fancy soup this late on. Not felt too bad at all today :) just peed on a stick n it went pink so defo in k but I thought i was anyway as not been ravenous today, just peckish. Hope uv had a good day too?? N yeah, defo roll on wi day!!

Ladies, great to hear restarts are going strong all round, mine too.

Dukan is like Atkins but low fat. So high protein and low carb and low fat. Four stages; Attack, Cruise, Consolidation and Stabilization. Attack is for 1 - 10 days depending on how much total weight you have to loose. Then you do Cruise until you reach goal; 1 day of Pure Protein only and then 1 day of Protein and Vege (you just alternate between them). Consolidation you slowly reintroduce carbs and can have a free meal once a week! (cannot wait for this). Stabilization is very similar to eating everything, following 10 rules, one of which is every Thurs do a Pure Protein day for the rest of your life.

Anyway enough about that go get some sleep and well done you two on a fab effort!

Bren
x

Hey Claire!! Glad to hear everythings going good at your end! And well done on getting into ketosis! I am a little pink on the sticks not sure it it's because I'm just getting into ketosis or that I'm drinking so much water that it's diluted it a lot, I will keep checking today tho... It's def a lot easier now tho. I'm back at work tomorrow so it will be the biggest test, loads of goodies brought in all the time. Fingers crossed I survive!

Morning (just!) ladies :)

Just having first shake of the day. Having vanilla with 2 teaspoons of instant coffee and two teaspoons of granulated splenda n really enjoying a thick, creamy n sweet coffee. Defo one i'll do again.

Just ordered the month box of mixed sachets too.

Bren, sounds like you've really got things sorted! Good on you. I intend on going back to low carbing once i'm less chubby lol.

Laura, hope you're day's going ok so far and good on ya making the most of your last lay in :)

Yep going really well today so far, totally in ketosis I feel great!

I think we might all be in ketosis. Must buy some sticks tomorrow. Day 3 for me tomorrow, I forget what day you girls are up to?

Enjoy he rest of your day I'm off to bed shortly.

Xx

It's day 4 for me n laura, bren. I had a half a day on last fri but also stuffed my face for dinner to use up all my food i had left before starting fresh on sat. It's so great to be catching up with you again bren, u were a great support when i was on atkins. Yay for ketosis!! :) Things can only get easier from now on for sure.

Aw thanks babe.

Just typing away in bed on my phone and it sounds weird but I know I'm loosing when I've stopped eating by 7.30 pm and I lay in bed later and my tummy is making squishy noises!? Sounds odd but it's like it's processing the protein and killing the fat! Lol

Definitely want this to be the year I succeed and maintain! When would u two ladies like to be at goal? Oh and are we sorted for exercise too?

X

I'm just taking each day as it comes at the moment Bren, hoping to lose 3 stone but we'll see what happens. Just ordered a months supply of more exante products so i'll be here for another month at least.

As for exercise, on 600cals a day, doing my job which can be physical at times is more than enough for me at the moment, especially working shifts. I'll look to getting back to the gym once i'm off exante as i remember when i was on cd the gym made me dizzy etc so i don't wanna be doing anything daft just yet. I'll get back to it in a couple of months or so i think when i'm on more cals n fat to give me the energy. To be honest, i'm kinda skint to be able to afford the £30 a month for it too.

Fair play.

Always stretches at home?! But with your job and the shifts taking it easy is sensible at this point. Well enjoy day 4, I'm off to bed.

Xx

Sweet dreams huni. I had weird dreams last night, some about what had happened during my shift at work n others of me going off plan n then feeling guilty!!! lol... ah well, it's all gravy so far today :)

I had dreams that I had eaten a roll with turkey and coleslaw, I don't even like turkey lol but i woke up feeling guilty. Just went out in the car to pick up some bits and bobs, I only passed my test in October last year and didn't drive for a bit due to the snow and I am really bad lol so I'm still all jittery from the drive and just remembered that I hadn't eaten my bar yet!! I forgot to eat now that's a first for me. Pee'd on a stick and now it's saying I'm not in ketosis?? WTF! I dunno what's going on.

Back