Claire's S&S Journey

i know - i think some people find it easier if ppl know but not me, i just feel pressurised and like everyone is waiting for the inevitible failiure! this time im on it on my terms!
am going to inverness for a few days on thursday, know i can stick to diet but its gunna be difficult cos im going for a night out with my mum while there, will have to tell her or she'll assume im preggers for not drinking! tis a sad day when the only assumed possible reasonn for me not drinking is pregnancy hahaha!

looking forward to my order arriving tomorrow and getting mac cheese again!! how sad is that!

xcx

Not sad at all! I think it would be the only reason I wouldn't drink either if I was out :) Shame you don't drive or you can use mine and say, sorry I'm driving :p

Your doing so great just need to keep at it. I ordered my trial pack last night so that it will be all ready for when I get back from doncaster to start on Sunday.

You guys wanna meet up next week, say Wednesday for soft play if raining, park if not?

yeah defos - its been way too long! have you guys ever been to the big adventure in linwood? its massive - we cld go there if you fancy? what you off to doncaster for?? xx

Where is linwood? lol! Is it near knightswood? I'm not sure as I was going to invite one of Kayla's wee friends from school too so depends for getting there as I wouldn't be able to take the car.

I am part of a 4 (wo)man team that are organising a weekend event in November for 75 girls/women under 30 with the topic of 'Violence Against Women'. The first meeting is on friday, so I'm traveling there to meet up with the other 3 girls and some of the people on the council so that we know what is exactly involved. All the meals there are provided which is why I didnt want to start til I was back as I don't know them all too well as they aren't from my work, although I have met them once before. Should be good never done this sort of thing before tbh!

I'm soooo super proud of you sticking it out, has it been hard or easy so far?

ah thats ok, its paisley lol so never mind! just do local :) we're happy whatever!

so today comes with one of my biggest triggers for munching - my eldest has day surgery and has to fast, obviously we dont eat or drink in front of him and once we get there we can be waiting till after 4pm till he gets taken for theatre. my ususal thing is to go and stuff myself while he's in surgery to take my mind off it and then go back and get him at the recovery area, where we both get a munch cos of the fasting. so will just take a shake with me to make up once lewis has woken up, and elle or vogue for when hes inn surgery!

wish me luck for today haha - im gunna need it!

xcx

I'm soooo super proud of you sticking it out, has it been hard or easy so far?
thank youu!

its been a mix - the first couple of days are rough till yr in ketosis cos ur starving hungry, but after that its just the psychological cravings and the thing of wanting a taste in yr mouth. but im finding the cravings are deifinitely lessening. the first few days i toold myself "youve just started, dont wuss out and give up so soon" and now further in its been "weigh in is soon, dont undo all yr good work!"

xcx

Feeling great about today - i was in the situation where i usually come up with all the justifications and give in and didnt!
Day surgery went well, my boy was great as usual and all was fine, and i didnt give in on my diet - RESULT!

on the downside my order for this week has been delivered to my neighbours and theyre out so cant get the mac cheese ive been fantisising about all day! booooooo!!

weigh day in the morning - can effin wait to update the stats and the ticker!!!

xcx <3

Woohoooo almost at weigh in! Well done for doing so well! Awesome!!

Yay for the boy, he does so well bless him. Not long now til the end of it all, october is it?

Woohoo and well done you for being a super mum and a super slimmer.

why thank youm'dear! 15 weeks to go for him! cant believe it!

delighted! first week down and I've lost 11lbs! ace! really pleased! hoping for st least 3 this week now to take me to a stone off for next week! week 2 is always a small loss though so what will be will be! x

Well done hun, that's an amazing loss Xx

clairem87 said:
delighted! first week down and I've lost 11lbs! ace! really pleased! hoping for st least 3 this week now to take me to a stone off for next week! week 2 is always a small loss though so what will be will be! x

Fantastic that's an amazing loss you should be proud of yourself for being on track all week especially at the hospital as I know how hard that is for you. I'm proud :))

Woop woop, chicken soup! Well done girlie, that is absolutely fab! You keep it up cause from Sunday I'll be doing it with you xx

woo! so excited!! youll do great! i know some people dont like them but i recommend getting ketostix to test for ketosis, i found them really motivating trying to get them to turn pink! then again im very viusal and it works for me!!!

xcx

Well I was thinking about getting them, I'll pick them up whenever I pass somewhere that does them (where do them?). I know I'm still strangely looking forward to it, it's the water that is gonna be hard for me. I done a weeks water challenge not and I struggled with 2 litres, I am not a big drinker (unless it's alcohol) but of course maybe knowing that I need alot of water will help where asbefore I was just trying up my intake a little. Luckily for me I love really cold plain water so I guess enjoying it helps, I know there are a few out there that don't like water on it's own.

I have a question about the hair loss, so gonna ask you first. I have seen a few people mention it... now I have very thin hair as you know and well it falls out an awful lot on it's own. How bad is the hair loss?? ie will it just be a little and my hair would go thinner or are we talking proper bald patches?

MissMuNkY said:
Well I was thinking about getting them, I'll pick them up whenever I pass somewhere that does them (where do them?). I know I'm still strangely looking forward to it, it's the water that is gonna be hard for me. I done a weeks water challenge not and I struggled with 2 litres, I am not a big drinker (unless it's alcohol) but of course maybe knowing that I need alot of water will help where asbefore I was just trying up my intake a little. Luckily for me I love really cold plain water so I guess enjoying it helps, I know there are a few out there that don't like water on it's own.

I have a question about the hair loss, so gonna ask you first. I have seen a few people mention it... now I have very thin hair as you know and well it falls out an awful lot on it's own. How bad is the hair loss?? ie will it just be a little and my hair would go thinner or are we talking proper bald patches?

I only started losing hair 5-6 months in now I have stopped s and s the hair loss has stopped x

ive not done it long enough to have any hair loss, but i know it just varies person to person. most chemists do ketostix but you have to ask for them xxx

How bad was the hair loss?? lots of hair loss?? do you think it might be advisable to do it for 12 weeks, have a week off but still stick to a low carb diet before launching back in. I'm really paranoid about hair loss, I would be devestated if that happened (as would most of us gal). I was thinking about 12 weeks on/1 week off anyways, do you also think that from the start I should take a silca (sp)?? Sorry Claire for hijacking :)

Back