Claires xenical ramblings

Blue Butterfly

Gold Member
ok so Im sick of losing a little bit of weight and then putting it back on. Im tired of always being the fat one :( Never having the confidence to go out or really have a life. Im 26 and life sucks already!

My doctor has prescribed me xenical and I will be taking it from Sunday 10th January 2010.
Im scared to be honest! Ive heard about people having 'accidents' and stuff but Im going to be extra good and hopefully wont have any dodgy side-effects.

I only go to the gym 2/3 times a week at the mo.
Next week I will be starting pilates and I need to get back into swimming twice a week.

I'll be posting in here to chart my progress and to have little rants along the way of my journey.

Claire x

Hi Claire,

Sounds like you've got a plan, I'm sure you'll be ok when you get started.

I'm not sure about the side effects, I started taking Alli earlier in the week and the thought of any side effects is keeping me on the straight and narrow completely, its made it so much easier than normal. Tonight, I'm having a night in watching a DVD, normally i'd have eaten loads of crap, instead I've been good all day and just had a skinny cow hot chocolate drink - I'm proud of myself, but aware that its only because of these pills.

I'm sure that you will do great and keep posting. :)

I'm on day 9 now and had no side effects what so ever as I haven't eaten anything over the 5% fat mark. Someone described these pills as a little Policeman in your body telling you if you eat that bad food you'll really suffer...and its working! Can't be doing with accidents! It really has opened my eyes up to what foods contain! Things I thought we're half decent foods before I've come to realise are just full of fat!

Good luck for tomorrow...you'll do just great xx

Thank you :)
I'll have to remember the little policeman thingy!

Yeah I went shopping today and was checking the packets on eveything and alot of the food was just a big no-no. Things I thought would be fine were waaaay over the 5% fat.

Anyway Im starting tomorrow and feel really positive :)

Good on you babe! Once you get used to the under 5g rule its quite easy, says me thats only lost 5lbs! However, I'm on the right road now. One thing to remember, sugary things can be low in fat but are still a no-no. I'm doing SW now and am very hopeful of success. Keep posting and reading other folks posts, you'll learn loads. Good luck. Lizzie

my friend is doing xenical and its working really well for her. i'd do it myself but i ahve so much to lsoe and only a short lenght of time to lose it in. best of luck everyone!

I didn't want to turn into a serial product info reader but I guess it's something you have to do :(

So yesterday was my 1st day on xenical. It actually went really well :)

Breakfast
1 pear
Then went to the gym for an hour,then out shopping and stuff so didn't get time to eat until 4pm.

Lunch
Special K with semi skimmed milk
1 apple.

Dinner
2 wholemeal pitta breads
2 extra light laughing cow cheese triangles
Mixed lettuce leaves and cherry tomatoes
1 banana

snacks
Carrot sticks.

I think I ate too much at Dinner but I was so hungry! Do you think I should have just had the 1 pitta bread with the cheese and salad in? I feel like a right pig!

Today is day 2 :)
Breakfast
Special K with semi skimmed milk

Lunch
Am going to have soup and 2 slices of wholemeal bread.
Plus some onken strawberry fat free yogurt

Dinner
Am going to have stirfry with some quorn and sweet chilli sauce (ive never eaten a stirfry before!)
Then some grapes and a pear.

Is that too much food?
Im trying to not eat too much but then again I dont wanna be hungry.

Claire x

oh I dont like stir fry :(
I decided to have it for lunch instead of dinner and it was horrible. So I wont be eating it again!
Ah well,I'll have to go look for some other yummy recipes for dinners from now on.

I quite like stirfries. Not the ones my dad does because they involve a ridiculous amount of oil.

Well done on your first couple of days, sounds like you're doing well.

Good that you've been to the gym too :clap:

Have you got tomorrow planned as well? You sound really organised which is good.

I love going to the gym! Today I did 30mins on the rowing machine at home. Tomorrow gym. Weds pilates. Thursday Gym. Friday Badminton for 2 hours!

Well Im trying to make a little meal plan every night for the next day just so I know already what/how much to have so I dont get hungry and start making anything that I shouldn't!

Day 2 and I dont actually feel hungry :) Im feeling really full and thats why I think Im eating too much....I hope Im not!

I love going to the gym!

You sound like a nutter to me :p

Great that you enjoy though.

I've found that I am better when I plan what I'm having, means I don't make bad choices!

I don't think you're eating too much, but then I'm not expert either but I feel like I'm eating so much less than normal, but I've changed my mindset so I'm not feeling hungry, not sure if that makes sense?!

You do so much more exercise than me! I hate it. Fair play though

Good on ya Blue Butterfly - about the gym, do you have as much energy as before? I go (reluctantly...)3 times a week and if I'm being good I do about 40-60 mins cardio and some weights machines, but those days have been pretty rare for the last few weeks - more like 20-30 mins cardio and feck the weights:D

Take care
Denise

hows it going?

Its day 4 and all is going well,thank god!!
Im not feeling hungry at all,Im exercising every day and Ive been good and haven't weighed myself once lol

I dont have a headache or grumbly tummy like some other people have mentioned when they started the tablets but maybe those will come later,who knows.

I went to my very first pilates class today and I really enjoyed it,cant wait to go again next week :)
Am going to the gym tomorrow and then have badminton on fri.

Just want Sunday to hurry up so I can weigh in!

x

Sounds like you're doing so good, I am still so impressed with how much you're going to the gym.

Glad you enjoyed Pilates today, hope you have a good afternoon.

you are doing very well.. keep it up!!

Back