Consolidation Clarification of the rules

Thank you everyone that has responded, very good information. Does it have to be wholemeal pasta? I really don't like wholemeal pasta and I don't think I will be able to get my little one to eat it either.

Just a quick one - the non-wheat pasta has already been covered.
Should wheat remain an option: I thought I didn't like WM pasta either, having last tried it years before. I was wrong, I actually love it now - still don't have it very often though!

As for your kids - you might be surprised. I switched the whole family to WM pasta without announcing it and my kids (3+6) who can be very fickle in the food department, didn't bat an eyelid, even when it was not smothered in sauce & cheese. Go for 'thinner' varieties like spaghetti or fusilli and avoid macaroni-types to start with. ASDA do some good WM small kiddie shapes, and for a change in shape we like the Napolina brand Mafalda Corta.

Should wheat remain an option: I thought I didn't like WM pasta either, having last tried it years before. I was wrong, I actually love it now - still don't have it very often though!

That's a fair point, I tried it years and years ago and didn't like it so perhaps now I will. Just gave my little one brown bread and she tried it but only ate a couple of bites. She has never been a bread eater and I gave up trying to make her eat brown bread during weaning. I may have to make white bread with a little wholemeal and bring it up slowly for her. She isn't a picky eater and will try anything. If she rejects brown pasta perhaps I can do the same by making it myself.

I intend to add a bit of oat bran into most things I make and bake as I love the taste of it and I think it will make things a bit healthier. Making permanent changes to our diet as I feel I have learned alot doing this diet.

Hi everyone it's been great reading this thread. I have 5lbs to go to get to goal and commitments like birthdays and holidays have seen me with a couple of slips which is why I am off target date wise. I now have a determination to see these last 4lbs off for good and so am mentally preparing for Consolidation and have done soo well so far as someone who has always battled for weight loss - I had 'less to lose' but none the less, the less I had the harder it seems to drop off!! Poppy, Robin, Anjuschka - did you guys experience weight gain in the conso phase.... should I be afraid of reintroducing the food? And one more thing - for one year I haven't eaten bread! I don't want to because it always made me so bloated - do you think I could replace this with something else in conso phase?

Hi the finalcountdown. I can't really answer any questions as I went to conso today! I have mentally struggled with having more choice and I am not sure if having the wholewheat has upset my stomach so I shall miss it out tomorrow and see.

I do know that some have continued to loose in conso but would assume there would be some that gained too. We shall see, for me anyway.

Thanks Poppy - keep posting as it would be great to see how you do, in the meantime im going to concentrate on my last hurdle and start mentally preparing for the next phase. If anyone else has any ideas on my questions then please post!! keep going everyone! x

Back