Clothes that are getting TOO BIG!

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
I am reaching the stage now where I am finding most of my clothes too big (which is great on one hand but on the other it means am running out of things to wear :D )

I need to start removing the said too big items out my wardrobe...but what to do with them :confused: .. there is the part of me that says....." oh dont chuck out, just in case!" and the other part that says "OUT OUT OUT!" so I dont have the safety net of having bigger size clothes in !

Whats everyone else doing with their clothes ??

Keeping just in case
Or outing as they become too big, and no going back!!!

Deb x

Hi I gave all mine to my LL group 2 weeks ago I was a 18-20 now im a 14 :D ,our counsellor has a rail at our LL meeting group for members to bring in clothes that dont fit anymore and we can swap/borrow clothes until we are in the next size.I had a big sort out..........

XXC

Hi I gave all mine to my LL group 2 weeks ago I was a 18-20 now im a 14 :D ,our counsellor has a rail at our LL meeting group for members to bring in clothes that dont fit anymore and we can swap/borrow clothes until we are in the next size.I had a big sort out..........

XXC

Wow, thats a brilliant idea!

Throw them out, Ebay them, or give them to a charity shop.

I had clothes from size 10-24 in my wardrobe, I was a bit short on 18's so I got a few trousers and tops on Ebay to see me through until I am a 16.

Whatever you do don't keep them. You are NEVER going to be big enough to wear them again, OK? The idea of them going to the group is a good one, I'm giving to charity shops or the textile recycle at my local tip, they reuse stuff in good condition. Ebay is good for anything high value, good label etc.

Don't keep them, it feels so good to get rid of them, whichever way you do it. And the best thing is you get a whole new wardrobe yay!! I have been going mad on clothes ever since August but now my size 12 trousers are, gasp, getting too big for me. Unfortunately the money situation means that I'm stuck with them for the mo so it looks like my bum is half way down the backs of my legs!!

Get rid! I lost 7.5 stones and gave all my clothes to LL or threw them. After gaining 20 pounds over the past year the fact I have absolutely no clothes that are comfortable and only one pair of jeans that actually do up...that made me get a grip as there was no way I was going to go out and buy a BIGGER wardrobe...it has worked and I'm back on track.

Well done for getting this far, Joe x

First of all WELL DONE!! Its a great sign!!!

Second, Get rid of them pronto. None of this 'what if I put on weight' melarky. You may waiver a couple of pounds off target when you get there but your not likely to put on enough to be able to wear them clothes again. Are you??

Keeping the clothes would be like giving yourself permission to put on weight again whereas if you dont have them, then you will be keeping yourself in control the minute you find things getting even slightly tight!!

Ive just seen this thread and Im glad, I have just thrown/ebayed all my big clothes and Im feeling a bit down tbh, no particular reason other than that was who I was and its not me now really, ive baffled my own head about it and ive also started a thread to see if anyone else feels like me!!

Back