C'mon Exantinites

Well maybe, and I am not condoning it, have an apple or some salad just to settle things down, if you do not let it get you bingeing, if not then hang in there you will feel better, naughty girl.

This is very low cal diet you will lose weight if you stick to it 100% if you eat less than that you could make your self ill and your body could hold on to weight because its gone in starvation mode . you will not lose huge amounts every week but all the weight you do lose will add upand before you know it you have reached goal x

Thanks Mark
I know it is my fault but I have just been feeling so sick
Not got any food in at the moment and in Switzerland shops shut in 30 mins and don't open until Monday

As I have done so well this week I have treated myself today! Went to gym this morning, had a full pampering day - body scrub, mani, pedi, the lot. Now have my pj's on and have spent a fortune on Liz Earle products online and bought some new clothes for my holidays!! Have a great succesful weekend everyone!! :)

My heart goes out to you lot. How can you do this diet? i could never replace food for shakes. You must be mad! Come to Slimming World where the grass is green and you can eat... lol!

GroovyGroovy, we are doing this because we have to cut our relationship with food, until you have been where we have been with regards to eating then you have no idea, I have tried them all, Slimming World, Weight Watchers and Atkins and have failed on all of them. Currently I have lost 34lbs, lost 8 inches around my waist and 5 on my hips and all in 24 days and have never felt better.

Liz Earle 10 piece skin care set. It's fab, I've been using it for about 13 years and up until then I was still getting spots! I normally order direct of get in from John Lewis but a Todays Special Value from QVC is always worth it.

Seriously? I didn't know you tried them all and failed. Whatever rocks your boat - I couldn't do it. I love food too much.

Hello groovygroovy,

It is obvious that you feel that slimmingworld is working for you and that is a good thing! We would be a boring lot if we all followed the same path.
Of course we are all at Minimins because we arrived here with the same issue... We were or still are overweight.

Why? because we have constantly given our bodies more fuel than it requires over a period of time.

As you have said, you think you could never do this type of food replacement program and it is true, not everyone will find that they can cope with the discipline of the first few weeks and change of habit that comes with following a VLCD. The fact that you have been reading the posts in this part of the Minimins forum suggests that perhaps you may wish you could?

No one follows a VLCD for fun OR pleasure and most come to it after years of 'failure' with other plans not just to lose the excess weight, that is almost the simple step once the body hits ketosis, but as a chance to re-evaluate their relationship with food and or drink. Sometimes by actually taking the choice of food away it allows for that re-evaluation to take place fully focussed and uninterupted. Believe me, it is quite an eye-opener to realise how a body can actually run on so little. ;)

So no, we are certainly not mad. And I am sure that you did not mean that to come across as an insult.

Good luck in your journey and if you do decide to try a VLCD in the future then please return and we will answer any questions or queries you may have.

Love Myr xxx

Back