Cocoa (1 tblsp of)

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
Hiya,
There seems to be some controversy as to the syn value of cocoa. Online i have been told that 1 tblsp is 1 syn.
But, my weigh-in book states that non branded cocoa is 1.5 syns per tblsp (0.5 syns per tsp) and my directory says that both Green & Blacks and Bourneville cocoa are 3 syns per tblsp (1 syn per tsp)

What are your views??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your book has average values as it cannot list all the different brands - some will be higher like the G&B variety and others will be lower. Check for the particular brand you plan on using or work it out based on the calories.

Circes said:
Your book has average values as it cannot list all the different brands - some will be higher like the G&B variety and others will be lower. Check for the particular brand you plan on using or work it out based on the calories.

Cheers , Circes,
In that case I will go for my branded ones and go by my directory.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep like circes has said, most of the syn values are for generic values and are an average, I always check the calories when no free food allowance and use the 1 syn for every 20 calories, as you will be surprised how different the nutritional info is between different brands.

Back