• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Coffee whitener???

shell09

Silver Member
Hi guys

I am on ss+ done it quite a few times and throughout each time I've always had skimmed milk in my teas and coffees and can anything from 1 - 5 cups a day!

My losses are generally pretty text book so I know I can probably continue and do ok. I was just thinking if there was an alternative lower in fat and cals etc such as these powdered whiteness etc .

I heard of people using vanilla shake as whitener but it doesn't really appeal to me

Any ideas??

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Lily

Gold Member
I'd stick to the skimmed milk if I were you. :) Powder coffee whiteners don't taste too good in tea - and often contain sugar to sweeten things up. So the powdered stuff is likely to contain more carbs.

A little drop of skimmed milk here and there (yes, 1-5 cups of tea a day :D) isn't going to hurt your losses one bit.

I've often wished that Cambridge would bring out a vanilla tetra. I've tried putting banana tetra in my tea before now - and while it isn't awful, it does have an interesting aftertaste...

shell09

Silver Member
Hmm lol thanks I guess i'l have to just keep an eye on the amount of cups I have may restrict to 3 a day max or something every little helps with the losses I guess

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi Shell, you would be surpised at how fattening coffee whitner is! I was gobsmacked when I looked at the calories. Stay well clear while on CD! 2 cups are prob the same calories as your 3 shakes!

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
sorry, just read title not the post - such a fool!

I have latte's - vanilla shake made with coffee. I like it to be honest, because I have sweetner in my milked coffees normally anyway, so the sweetness is perfect for me. I find it isn't as sweet though made with proper coffee rather than instant.

I did it with banana once (ran out of vanilla's) it sounds disgusting, but it was surprisingly nice!

Vickiet

emmapetty said:
sorry, just read title not the post - such a fool!

I have latte's - vanilla shake made with coffee. I like it to be honest, because I have sweetner in my milked coffees normally anyway, so the sweetness is perfect for me. I find it isn't as sweet though made with proper coffee rather than instant.

I did it with banana once (ran out of vanilla's) it sounds disgusting, but it was surprisingly nice!
I do the same with vanilla and it's really nice, the cappuccino with coffee and ice is really good too tastes just like a frappaccino :)