Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hi, popping by to subscribe :) Well done on the 10s, my goal too :)

Thanks ladies. Sam peanut butter heaven was one of the choices on the M&S dine in for £10. lol. It was good, very sweet and just what I needed, but didn't enjoy it as much as I thought.

Just toying with what plan to do as I'm stuck again and 2lbs up from my ticker.

The good news is after doing kelly coffey myers dvd with my little pink granny weights my body fat is down 5% after just 6 half hour sessions for biceps, triceps and shoulders. My body fat is high and hasn't moved in literally years no matter how much cardio I do. Really happy and going to keep going with that. Obviously everyone is right to get lean you have to use weights.

Found a good article on palpitations as I was happy with low carb and stopped because of them. Here it is if anyone is interested.

Arrhythmia, heart palpitations, ketosis, and low-carb diet | Thor Falk

The Okinawa diet (mentioned in the article )looks interesting, low carb but with sweet potatoes and rice added. I'm sure I have the book somewhere.

Going to have a think over next few days on what plan to do (prob Vicy's & Sams carb cycling to include the above) but holiday weekend means much vodka will be consumed.

Have a good day everyone XX

Had a sneaky weigh in and 2lbs up from posted weight so not too much damaged over Easter.

Been reading a really good book about food and aging and what foods help with certain diseases. A lot of the science bit goes over my head but still get the idea of it. Not reading it for weight loss just concerned in general. My mil has macular degeneration and I worry about stuff like that and everything really. The book is called the food hourglass. He says sugar is not evil, it's VERY EVIL. We already know that though he does go into great detail about what it does to your body and cells. He recommends lots of veg and fruit no surprise there but there's a lot of other foods he recommends and why.

Not too concerned about the speed of my weight loss atm as I'm losing fat % and happy with that. X

Last edited:
Ooh very evil!!!
Does it mention not eating processed food?

Yes says processed food is very bad too. Advises it's best to eat veg, fruit, beans, nuts, dark chocolate, soy or almond milk and that porridge and omega 3 are a kind of 'super food' Also walnuts and green tea and ginger tea for avoiding heart attacks and strokes. Had it on my kindle but couldn't actually see the hour glass so got a refund and ordered the book. Look forward to reading it. Will incorporate some things and create my own plan.

Some very good and customer reviews on amazon uk one very lengthy and contains a lot of the science in the book. Worth reading these.

Morning val,

enjoy your new book :) can't wait to hear what you think of it. Beans, dark choc and fruits don't sound hard to stick to :) I could do that.

wow just checked on your stats and you are 136lbs.......go you I am so envious! You are doing fab! That's in the 9s?

Morning Val, look forward to hearing more:)

Lol Lauren I'm back up to 138 thanks to Easter. No alcohol until next week as I'm working all weekend so may save some calories there and get back to posted weight.

Spent all day yesterday reading 'The Food Hourglass.' Warning: I'll give you my lengthy summary of it if you can be bothered reading it lol.

Last edited:
Interesting, might have to check out that book! x

Strangely my long post and book review disappeared as I was in edit mode?

Anyhow it's a very healthy diet indeed and I would say very close to GI. Great book and one of the best on nutrition I've ever read, and I've read a lot. I think everyone would get something from it.

Don't really know how but 1lb down so 1 away from posted weight.

Working today so will catch up with diaries tomorrow. Have a lovely Sunday. X

oh shouldn't say but m&s have new cookies in their bakery : coconut & white choc and cherry with white cho & pistachio. Oh my had a nibble taster while shopping and lovely.

Ooh pistachios! I wish nuts weren't so calorific!!!
the green tea in your missing post was very interesting x

Morning val,

well done on the pound down nearer to posted weight, it will fly off! I think as we get closer to goal it's about carbs and unfortunately calories so it sounds like you've found the perfect diet to get you there.

As for the cookies, I read that and felt fine because since moving back to South Shields the M&S here has closed and the nearest one is Washington I think so no chance of me ruining my diet via m&s cookies no matter how blummin Divine they sound :)

Omg don't say that Goldi that's my local store !!! I'll post you some ;)

Which one shields or Washington? The one in king street is now closed :( just as I moved back! Grrr

Back