Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Evening Val... Good luck with it!! I'm not disciplined enough at the moment but will read your posts avidly! Xxx

Morning all, today is day one of my JUDDD experiment. I'm finding it really hard to stick with induction so thought I'd mix it up. Don't know if it will work for me or I can stick to it, but today is a down day. I'm actually looking forward to it after my carb infested weekend. I'm 3lbs up from last week and feeling bloated and yuck.

I really like the idea of this diet, but don't know how I'll feel at the end of the week?

I'm going to keep it as wheat free as possible even on up days and using lowish carb as my ground rule. In other words not going to stuff myself with cake on my up days, but crisp will definitely figure and some wheat free pasta.

Hope no one objects to me posting what I'm eating here this week, as I really don't want to switch in that regard. If I stick with it I won't post what I'm eating everyday just general update.

B- 1 quorn sausage 1 boiled egg 100 grams mushrooms (much the same as I would eat on Atkins just less of it)
L- courgette soup made with 200 gr courgette, onion, garlic and chicken stock 2 wheat free crisp breads w/ slice of ham
D- lc lavash pizza w/ tomato puree, peppers, mushrooms and 15 gr mozzarella

Hey hun - would be very upset if you didn't keep posting! :)

Menu sounds lovely, love the sound of the soup! Wow, if that's a down day, watch out up days! :)

Good luck with juddd, it will probably do the body good to get a change of food.

Looks like a tasty little menu. I managed to spend most of the night researching the diet and cabbage stir fries and 'zoodles' - courgette noodles seem to be very popular meal bulkers. Have a good down day!

I think your right Sammy1 change will mix it up.

Great with the zoodles I used them on low carb, but loved all the cheese I could put on top. Thanks for suggestion.

Thanks for link Susie, some good stuff there.

Shirtakai noodles are only 20 calories for a whole pack and are very filling. I've three packs so will make it more fun. X

Good luck with JUDDD, Val - I love a good experiment, so post anything and everything here as far as I'm concerned :D

Your down day menu for today sounds lovely, by the way. Any plans for tomorrow yet?

Thanks Scrumbles. Lol I love reading about your experiments too.

Today has been easier than I thought. Lunch filled me up perfectly.

Already looking forward to my up day tomorrow. I'm supposed to be on 358 on my down and 1792 on my up, but at least for today don't think I could do that low so I'm at 480 and will adjust the 1750 down to 1628. Maybe for next week I'll go to the 358 after my tummy hopefully shrinks a bit?

Bought strawberries, raspberries and lf greek yogurt for tomorrow and don't know what else, but probably spelt pasta w/veggies and parmesan.

I really hope this works, as I think I'll really love this way of eating. X

Love fluffy chix cook, it's a great site.

I hope it works for you, too - and partly selfishly because it does seem like a reasonable way to do damage control when you have say a few days where life will be easier non-low carb, but without enough of a stretch to properly get into ketosis in between them. If it works for you I might well try it for a couple of weeks at the end of July when I have some off-plan days looming.

So do keep posting menus! I need to steal ideas!

This new stuff I'm using - glucomannan power - is also very popular with JUDDers. I can see why - last night I made some ridiculously filling butterscotch pudding for under 50 cals.

Good luck CL, I hope it goes well for you. I'm going to have to research the JUDDD that you are referring to. I'm very curious now. Please don't go away from our forum ;)

Hello Val, first day menu sounds lovely!
Think you've got a few of us looking into judd, I googled it last night too!
I think you are going to enjoy the change x

Great ML will do. Since you mentioned it I've been seeing gluco powder everywhere. Will defo get some.

Lol Sandra and TT, I will keep updating and your right it is really interesting.

Spent today reading about JUDDD on low carb friends and found something very interesting. A 'version' of JUDDD called MUDDING (mixed up days) created by someone on JUDDD on the low carb friends site where you divide your days by a cut off time and not sleep. Not going to try it for at least a few weeks, but basically you do a day of DD for breakfast, DD for lunch and then a four hour fast and then do a UD for dinner. They seem to be having good luck with it. Not quite got the whole picture of it myself seems a bit complicated so going to wait until I get the woe down. Could be great because your always going to have one day of the weekend that's a DD and that's when your most likely to have a dinner party, BBQ or just fancy something like wine or dessert in the evening. Don't want to get ahead of myself with this diet though so will wait.

24hrUD/24hrDD experiment - Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends

Me three. I don't understand how it will help weightloss.. I used to eat similarly before and boy did I get fatter and fatter... I think alof of that had to do with my undiagnosed gluten allergies.

Edit: I have decided to edit this post because I read some more about JUDDD and it's actually a good concept.. Not nearly enough testimonials available which is unfortunate really because it would be interesting to see how other people get on.

Good luck Val and I will be following your progress closely.

Last edited:
Evening Val... Really interesting! Hope you keep us posted xxx :)

Back