Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

I blame the emotional wrench you're going through Val... Don't under estimate it... Perhaps just go with it for the moment and then take stock when you feel more in control ... Hugs xxx

Thanks Di. Just place an order with lcm, they have the Joseph's tortillias back in stock. They fit in no matter what plan I'm on. x

I'd agree with Di...maybe this isn't the moment to be actively trying to lose. Problem is, if you keep trying and keep falling off, you're opening yourself to a lot of negative feelings, and they don't do anyone any good. Might be better to tread water until you're in the right frame of mind to really go for it? xx

I'm looking forward to Mama Lupe tonight even though it seems to stall me... Will get my focus back tomorrow! Lol

Evening Val, you are on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster at the moment so don't be too hard on yourself. One day at a time as the song goes, big hugs x

Thanks everyone, and all true.

Placed my order with lcm, then went onto amazon and see they have shirataki 'rice' and 'pasta' Googled low carb on amazon and after a few pages of low carb food up came cat food LMAO. Haven't tried that diet yet but what the heck.

Going to get my focus back next week for sure, order arrives on thursday so that's the day!

Thank you all lovelies, what would I do without you XXX

Well done Val... Hugs xx

Hi good luck with restart, if you are struggling maybe you should just concentrate on eating legal food and not worry about the scales. You will probably feel better without the carbs.

Morning all- Decided to try a goal of 50-60 grams of carbs a day. I don't do well with induction for a lot of reasons, and there's no point in starting something I can't keep to.

Up at 6am for work tomorrow =no wine tonight. :)

Wind was so fierce it kept me awake all night/morning, so awake at 4 for the day. Feeling really crappy.

Hope you all have a good weekend. X

B- 1/2 lc lavash w/refried beans, peppers, onions & mozzarella cheese = 38 carbs
L- salad w/ham, lots of veg and olive oil dressing = 5?
D- prawn curry from M&S, shirataki or cabbage 'noodles' = 15

Morning Val

Atkins - well any woe, I guess - can be hard to stick to when your focus goes. Wonder if that's the diet brain thing all the scientist robots are talking about? I go through the same thing, convincing myself to throw the baby out with the bath water because of a few hiccups, I just don't have the long term patience of wonder women like Di and Katie :)

All the best with upping your carbs!

Good luck Val and keep us posted xxx

Hi Val, how's your weekend going? Were you working yesterday?
Hope the eating plan is going well x

Afternoon Sandra, I did work yesterday and didn't sleep well fri night, so was very tired. Managed to read in the sun when I got home with some left over pre mixed margaritas and it was lovely.

Ate like a pig (nothing legal- crisps, potato salad, cake) all weekend. Can't seem to control myself so going to give JUDDD a try this week. Dreading WI tomorrow morning, :( but need to if I'm going to see how this plan works for me.

went to a garden center today and got barks chips- how exciting is my life. Hope the weather is semi decent this week.

Off till wednesday so will give me time to plan my meals. Tomorrow is my first down day and I'm actually looking forward to it after being a bloated piggie. X

The judd way of eating looks really interesting, would like to follow what you eat. I feel I need a bit of a change or kick start, trouble is I think I would miss the mayo, olive oil and cream too much. I don't seem to have lost for ages or to be correct I put a couple on and then lose them but never seem to be able to go below my posted weight, so frustrating!
My weekend sounds as exciting as yours, went to garden centre to pick up our mended lawn mower!
Enjoy your days off, hope you will continue to post on your Atkins diary x

Yes I'll post what I eat this week as an experiment. Think you could still have the mayo and cream as on your up day your allowed a fair amount of calories like around 1700 and that's quite a lot for me.

They advise doing shakes etc on your down days for a couple of weeks so you don't go over 500 calories, but I'm not doing that and can be quite disciplined when I put my mind to it. Knowing I can eat the things I crave every other day appeals to me but we'll see. I'm going to stay away from wheat though and have some lcm store wraps and pitta coming this week and they're very low in calories so hopefully will fit in.

Should be an interesting week. :)

Last edited:
I've had a wee peek over at the juddd forum - all the recent diaries seem to be from people who have only been on it a couple of weeks - is it a brand new thing? It's hard to judge it given that for most people new diets provide enough of a shake up to give results at first. Needs some long term losers!

Looks interesting, though from what I can tell it's calorie counting by another name - if you eat 2000 cals one day and 400 the next, alternating, then it will average out at having eaten around 1200 calories daily which is a loss level for most people.

I'm not sure I could handle being hungry every other day - and 2000 calories on an up day just isn't enough of an incentive, lol. I am sure I've eaten more on really bad days! But maybe I won't top up my calories like I usually do on the days I find I haven't managed to eat enough. Will definitely be interested in seeing how you get on with it - if nothing else it might be useful as a way of minimizing damage when taking time off plan (which I'll be doing again end of July).

Good luck!

Thing it's a few years if not older ML. They say it turns on the 'skinny' gene doing a kind of feast famine thing and helps with other medical problems like blood pressure and asthma but I've not read too much of the science part.

Yes your right I think I'll average on 1,000 calories per day, so a low calorie diet in disguise if you like.

Back