Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hello Val, how are you? I hope all is well with you. I'm a bit all over the place foodwise but somehow have managed not to put too much on considering!
Will be catching up with diaries , take care x

Nice to have you back slaj, I used to read all the diaries and noticed you posted a lot.
I had to wait ages to get an account and now I'm on here I love it and all the people are so supportive and lovely!

Hi Sandra, great to have you back! I've messed about with food too -but now going a lowish carb like you and about 50-60 a day. I feel much better using, lc tortillas, wraps etc and a bit of carb here and there. This is first week of experiment after I'll see how I go.

I wish you luck Val with your experiments this week. This whole diet is one giant experiment and its amazing how much of a roller coaster it can be at times. I've been tweaking it for around a month now and think I'm there, I was eating enough to maintain which was great but when you want to lose weight it's not so now I'm cracked through that barrier and seem to have found a comfy spot for losing again. Takes a lot of effort though doesn't it?

Morning hun

Are you enjoying Father Brown? I'm doing a weekly catch up on the weekend :)

Oh and there's a free Midsomer episode to download from iTunes, if you have an account - it's ep 1 of series 3.

Tomorrow starts day 1 of the Rice Diet. Won't be updating what I'm eating as not to confuse Atkins eaters but will update my weight weekly.

Will be eating lots of rice, beans, grains, tons of veg, fruit and low fat dairy all of which I love. It's a low sodium diet and claims to be able to shift 20lbs in a month. Although It will most likely be a stone for me.

Was contemplating Dukan, but realized that I'm going to America in August for almost 2 weeks and would coincide with the cruise phase of Dukan and I could undo all my hard work.

While I'm not planning on going crazy in US I want a bit of leeway and should be a stone light for my holiday even it I gain a few pounds should come straight back off when I come back to UK.

Crazy but a restaurant near the hotel I'm staying at is very Rice Diet friendly.

Have a good weekend everyone. x

I've never heard of the rice diet, but will Google it later. I went wheat free for 2 weeks before resuming Atkins. When I begin adding carby things, I am planning to stick to non-wheaty things and see how it goes. I am not totally sure I have an issue with wheat, but I certainly do blow-up on it. I hope it goes well. Is this brown, or white rice??

I spotted comments on Kindle. I have a Kindle, I love it. One thing I miss is the lack of bookshops, so, tobe able to download books is FAB!!!!

Val and I are big fans of the cozy mystery :)

There's a fab site called dailyfreebooks which you can tailor to the type of kindle books you like, then it sends you a daily email with the free ones in those categories - some are rubbish, but some are very good - and free! :D

Hello Val, well the rice salad is a new one to me, never heard of it before, will google it. Sounds very interesting. I need to make up my mind what woe I am following, is there a cider and crisps diet out there??

Well a big fail for the rice diet. Lasted 2 meals of porridge & fruit and rice and fruit and felt horrible. I never get headaches but my head was splitting and I was starving and miserable. Didn't have my 2 super size espressos or any caffeine today, so probably the reason.

Totally caved. Disappointed in myself, but don't know what to do, I have to shift some weight before holiday.

Maybe I'll just cut out wheat too like Lynne and eat lean meat, veg, fruit? Back to the diet drawing board.

Have a good evening everyone x

Val maybe it would be worth hunting out your copy of the south beach diet , it has really good reviews. Still waiting for my book to arrive but in the meantime I have downloaded a south beach diet app for my phone it cost £1.29 but it tells you all the foods you can eat in Phase 1. I will let you know how I get on, not including the wine and cider I drank yesterday :)

Hi Sandra, Got the South Beach book and definitely going to re read it.

After all my whinging yesterday I woke up a pound lighter. Even after my pimms and sausage yesterday evening at a neighborhood Wimbledon celebration.

So, my tweaked version of the Rice/South Beach/etc diet is better than none at all and just giving up.

I'm not giving up my morning espresso w/a tiny bit of double cream or protein completely, but going to keep to real food only and low sodium ( I think that's key) as much as possible and no wine or crisps for one month. That should give me a decent result before my holiday in a little over a month.

Feeling really good today, hmm maybe the 2 meals I had of just fruit and starch did me some detox good after all. I should say it's fruit and starch for 3 meals only one day a week, the rest of week is starch and veg with a little lean protein and low fat dairy.

Good luck with SB Sandra, I'm sure you'll do great with it. Going to go over it when i get home today, maybe similar to the Rice? x

Hi Val, sorry to hear you were struck down with the headaches, could it have been the fruit? I ate 9 grapes yesterday then immediately felt extremely sleep with the headache lurking :( not a good sign.

i love the idea of the rice diet especially since I've been craving whole meal rice with veg and oils...weird. I've not eaten it but crave it.

im stuck in an awful rut and so mad at myself because I have so much more to shift yet and I just seem to be keep smacking my head off a brick wall!! Ahhh.

good news on the pound down though :) how many coffees do you usually consume in one day?

Morning V

Well done on the pound (proves that cider is good for you! :)), and well done for trying the rice diet, you just never know what's going to work for you and what isn't.

What about just a simple calorie counting thing, or SW? The latter would accommodate all the rice and pasta you want, and yogurt and so on.

I hope you can find something that suits you. I really think you need to feel inspired by the diet. Did the creators of the diet mention you might feel crap. Reason I ask is that Atkins induction is like detox and you can feel bad, he tells you so, so I was content to know I must be doing it right. After the first 4 days I felt fab, Atkins told me that would happen too :) Toomany people dont read the book and give up when they feel bad in the detox bit and say 'Atkins made me ill'....

Recently before I began back on Atkins, I cut out wheat for two weeks and had rice, rice vermicelli and quinoa. I got a headache, which was extremely bad at times, and it made me wonder if I was suffering wheat withdrawal. Do you think that could apply to you?? What I am saying is, maybe the diet IS for you, you just need to adjust to it. -Maybe??

Rice is a very high GI food, even brown and wild rice (despite some diets claiming the contrary, that's old info) so the sugar hit might have caused your headaches?

My grandad lost a couple of stone on a brown rice diet (he was a very big man) but it went back on very quickly afterwards. I never knew the exact specifics of what he ate.

I hope you're doing well despite the diet struggles xx

Morning everyone. 4lbs down since Sunday! I must be doing something right.

I eat the rice diet for breakfast and lunch and then just have lots of veg and protein for dinner so definitely my own version. I know I won't keep losing at this rate, but happy so far. Keeping the coffee in too.

Yesterday my son wanted Thai food for lunch so we went to a restaurant and I had a crispy duck salad and some prawn crackers, thought I'd wake up with a gain but another loss. Kept to salad with chicken last night so maybe avoided the gain.

Yeah it does say something about feeling crap Lynne, but because I've got tinnitus, the headache made it unbearable. All seems to be ok and back to a level I can handle for now though. I too stay away from wheat as it really affects me badly.

I guess it is a little like SW Susie but in the strictest form. May start a diary in the Silver section if this keeps working.

That's great ML about your grandad losing 2 stone, very encouraging, but like you said, it will probably go back on when I go on holiday and start eating normally. Do you think it could be the lack of caffeine with my headache? Fist time in forever since I tried a morning without it.

Hope everyone had a good day! x

Val, it's very likely it's caffeine withdrawal. Don't underestimate it.
i think that is why dr Atkins even allowed 2 cups because cold turkey can be harmful from such an addiction.
I read this somewhere years go no and was surprised because its only coffee right??? Well....

Morning all, I've stuck with my own version of the Rice diet and lost 5lbs since Sunday. Very happy with that as I really like a good kick start. I know it won't keep up to a pound a day, but if I can lose at least 1 or 2 a week until holiday, I'll be happy.

I stick to the rice diet for breakfast and lunch and switch to protein and veg for dinner. I have my coffee with cream in the morning and a mocha latte every afternoon with a snack. Can really see me sticking to this at least until holiday and right back on it when I get back.

Off this weekend and no wine or crisps until end of august, going to be tough, but I'm tougher!! lol

Have a good day and weekend everyone, looks like a good one. xx

Back