Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hi val, how are you keeping? Just been checking your stats and wanted to say how fantastic you've done. You are heading in an amazing direction and you are doing great.

Hi Lauren, slowly but surely. Woke up feeling lighter but scales didn't reflect this- going to mix it up with low carb soon for a wee change. X

I'm sure the scales will catch up :) have you done your measurements? x

Not done measurements yet Athena but will definitely do them. Decided to do low carb for next 2 weeks at least. tesco shop here tomorrow and a waitrose one to pick up on Friday. Yumm avocado and cashew pate on my list. Just need a change and bit of mix up. However will miss my beloved crisps. Will use my lcm store tortillas, wraps and rolls, just makes it more doable for me at least to start. Hoping to shift 5lb in 2 weeks. Will give me major motivation. My own fault scales haven't moved though.

Daily rant: bought the accu measure calipers to get a true body fat %, by all account they are the ones gyms and personal trainers use and and fairly cheap. My scales say very high body fat, but know that scales are not the most accurate so really wanted a true measurement and a goal. Get THREE vastly different measurements from same area same time. My waist is black and blue from the damn things lol. At least all measurements are quite a bit lower than scales so suppose that's something. Went onto youtube to see how it's supposed to be done. The videos are hilarious; anyone of them- and there are lots of different ones- can barely pinch anything they're so fit. Let's just say I can pinch a lot more than an inch. XX

hahaha! I'll have a look at you tube so would you recommend them then? I was going to buy a pair last week but I never got round to it. Im gunna do a couple of days of low carb from tomorrow, I just feel a little bit out of control this week so need to rein it in a bit! Are you looking forward to starting exercising next month?

I think I'm doing something wrong if everyone thinks they're the best? I'll wait until my black & blue marks subside and try again lol. You could get someone at the gym to help with you with it Sam and then let me know what I'm doing wrong haha.

I'm going to get a set of resistance bands to use from home to build up strength. A bodybuilder at work suggested I start with them and they apparently do everything that weights do and will get me used to the exercises. Here is a long article if anyone can be bothered reading- makes it look ideal for me. Did a bit with a band I have the other day and was impressed at how hard it was and I think it will work well for me. Plus have the dvd still to arrive with the weight work out. Bodybuilding.com - What Is The Best Workout With Resistance Bands?

Just hope I don't get that tired feeling on low carb, I really don't like that part of it. Maybe I'll drink more water this time. Really looking forward to a change of food. X

I find if I do about 50-60 carbs then I don't feel as tired xxx and plenty of water !!!!!

First day of at least 1 month low carb. So I can post my menus.

B omlette w/asparagus & parmesan
L tuna mayo & salad
D turkey mince/cauliflower/ skiillet thing from linda's low carb site or
S cheese/olives/nuts
E resistance bands

I know Susie, I'm so excited and nervous about tomorrow. I'll try my best but don't know if I'll be able to get any tickets.

She did do a pre sale from her fan site but the tickets went in 30 min and apparently not the best seating.

I've downloaded the Eventim app and know basically where I want to set. Think the app is best way as it doesn't tend to crash. Aiming for the first night for convenience sake as we'll be in area and failing that my hubby said we could go at end of September for my birthday.

Fingers crossed and at the ready at 9:30 am tomorrow. X

Good luck with the Kate Bush tickets.
Don't like the sound of those tong thingies! Your food sounded lovely especially omelette with Parmesan , on SW I'm only having 30g cheese a day and I do love my cheese !
Have a good weekend Val x

Let me know how resistance bands go! And yes good luck with tickets xx

Well I managed to get tickets, but gave them up. Not able to pick my own seats was only best available and have an aversion to paying £150 each for rubbish seats. Love Kate but not £300. worth. Will wait for the dvd or youtube lol. They still have lots of hospitality packages left for £400. each!

Food today has been yummy so far. Think I have decided to go without alcohol for 1 month while I'm doing the lc to give it the best chance. Working tomorrow so not a problem to abstain this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone. XX

B- spinach & feta omelete
L- seafood salad
D- taco salad -turkey mince w/guac/salsa/cheese/sour cream

Back